What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TkoK83Spy

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:40 am
Had to cut my five year old out of a soccer net with my ukpk. He managed to get his foot tangled in such a way that I couldn't get him free without cutting. He somehow created a snare with his foot. That boy. :rolleyes:
Hahah, one of those situations where you want to help...but also stand back and laugh!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Notsurewhy wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:40 am
Had to cut my five year old out of a soccer net with my ukpk. He managed to get his foot tangled in such a way that I couldn't get him free without cutting. He somehow created a snare with his foot. That boy. :rolleyes:

Nice!
My twins are only 10 months old, thankfully haven't needed to cut them out of a precarious situation yet.

I happened to be at my local fire station one day when a lady drove up saying her young daughter twisted a seatbelt around her arm and was unable to free her arm. It was tight! There was no way to loose the seat belt and the girl's hand was changing color pretty bad. The fireman made a quick decision to cut the belt and all was well.
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Broke down a couple midsize diaper boxes and cut off a couple zip ties and tags from a new baby gate.

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Today I screwed some 2x4 racks to the posts in my boat shed and carpeted them. The racks hold my two Wenonah solos, a Prism and an Encounter. I took a razor knife out to cut the carpet to staple it to the boards, but it failed at the job. The Zhaman however, kicked booty!
D9D261E4-02A9-4200-9EE2-593AE60A75CF.jpeg
Now the two boats are tucked safely out of the weather and UV, and I’m using bicycle U-locks and cables to lock them to the shed. They’re as secure as I can make them short of putting them in my garage where they don’t fit.
FA7100D7-8240-4353-81B0-F9DB49CAFCAE.jpeg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

I used my Delica to open a box.
Delica On Box.jpg
Though that might seem like a mundane task, what was inside the box was anything but...
Manix And Swag.jpg
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
z1r

Post by z1r »

Dan In MI wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:21 am
I used my Delica to open a box.

Delica On Box.jpg

Though that might seem like a mundane task, what was inside the box was anything but...

Manix And Swag.jpg
And I used my Dragonfly last week for that exact some purpose. Agreed, that M2 is anything but mundane!
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Busy night, so far :rolleyes:
Opened a bottle of antacids for the office and sliced some summer sausage for my dinner.

PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Cut the chicken for tonight's Caesar Salad. :)

Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

A donation to the world at large. Lost my PM2 somewhere while running errands.
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Grizzly wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:19 pm
A donation to the world at large. Lost my PM2 somewhere while running errands.
Ouch! I did that with a Kershaw Chive in about 2004. The PM2 is a worse pill to swallow.

My carrier Delica was used to cut the tip off a caulk tube today.
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
u.w.

Post by u.w. »

Dan In MI wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 4:25 pm
My carrier Delica was used to cut the tip off a caulk tube today.
Yikes! :eek: You cut the tip off the caulk? Just the tip? :D

u.w.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Since loosing the PM2 I ordered a Manix2 lightweight which arrived yesterday. So, I used it to get familiar with it. Really only handled it as did others in the family. Boy, is it ever different than the PM2. I'm thinking it is going back as I contemplate another replacement. The strong? spring and small lock release surface add to the difficulty in closing the blade effortlessly. The many sharp feeling edges and surfaces just don't make for a good first impression either. I'm thinking something that takes up less pocket area this time around.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Grizzly wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:08 am
Since loosing the PM2 I ordered a Manix2 lightweight which arrived yesterday. So, I used it to get familiar with it. Really only handled it as did others in the family. Boy, is it ever different than the PM2. I'm thinking it is going back as I contemplate another replacement. The strong? spring and small lock release surface add to the difficulty in closing the blade effortlessly. The many sharp feeling edges and surfaces just don't make for a good first impression either. I'm thinking something that takes up less pocket area this time around.
You need a G10 model Manix! Like most knives, yours probably just needs a little breaking in. My 5 Manix's (none are lightweights though) all have great action and the lock is very easy to use. Disengage the lock and the blade pretty much falls shut or only requires a slight snap of the wrist.

I suppose depending on hand/finger size, the grooves may not work for everybody. Can't help you there.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Used my sharpmaker to sharpen some various kitchen cutlery...good stress reliever. :)

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:15 am
Grizzly wrote:
You need a G10 model Manix! Like most knives, yours probably just needs a little breaking in. My 5 Manix's (none are lightweights though) all have great action and the lock is very easy to use. Disengage the lock and the blade pretty much falls shut or only requires a slight snap of the wrist.

I suppose depending on hand/finger size, the grooves may not work for everybody. Can't help you there.
Rick, does the G2 Manix use the same button as the lightweight? Is there a larger one available?
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

Grizzly wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:38 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:15 am
Grizzly wrote:

Rick, does the G2 Manix use the same button as the lightweight? Is there a larger one available?
it's the same cage, but it is typically easier to disengage on the g10 model for some reason. on the lw model, it really just takes a little getting used to. people talk about break-in periods, which i think is valid, but i think it's more about the muscles in your hand learning new techniques and getting stronger.
keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
Matus

Post by Matus »

... to open 2 packages with knives inside ... true story :D
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Broke down boxes

PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Cut a banana for the kids' breakfast.

PineyBoy

Post by PineyBoy »

I started early this morning smoking a half a ham butt. This is for a big family get together this afternoon. I used my Smock to score it. Guess this is why they call them “pig stickers”.