What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
TomAiello

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Post by TomAiello »

Just used my Kapara for scoring the g-10 liners on some scales I'm putting on a Mule. Double win!
Capt'n Boatsalot

Post by Capt'n Boatsalot »

Used my G10 Dragonfly to cut up foam core board and poster board for a little small project.

Oh, and later a Sage 2 to cut some twine to tie up some wayward branches on a tree.
knifemovieguy

Post by knifemovieguy »

Cut a little bit of cardboard with Dragonfly
knifemovieguy

Post by knifemovieguy »

Biscuit roll
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

z1r wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:11 pm
VashHash wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:50 am
Cut a welding rod can in half with my SE S35VN native 5 LW

And some rope

How's that SE treating you? I love the N5 and really like the looks of the SE blade. Been looking for an "excuse" to buy one.
Considering it cut the rope after the metal can I'd say pretty well. Been having it since 2015.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Just received my K390 Endela today and with nothing special to cut, played with some paper. But tonight, my wife asked me to cut some of her prescription pills for her. Usually I use one of two older thin kitchen utility knives that I keep sharp for that and a few other chores. One is a Gerber Miming with the stainless handles and the other is a very thin Vanadium Echo. But I was thinking that the edge on the Endela was very thin and very hard and very sharp, so I tried it. I was amazed. It cut the pills better than the others did by a huge margin, wasting less and chipping and crumbling barely at all - maybe only one with a little residue. The cuts were clean and precise, even on one pill that likes to crush and break apart.

I've got to wonder if anyone has ever listed that on here before. Who'd have ever thought??
malice

Post by malice »

The multifunctional Rock !
Camp knife and..... Cigar cutter 😁

Netherend

Post by Netherend »

Manix 2 helping me harvest from my garden
Attachments
B781E281-76EF-4260-8F18-7A88AA52A16E.png
Just one more knife...
DieYuppieScum91

Post by DieYuppieScum91 »

Cutting excess flash (I work in rubber manufacturing).
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Resilience on dinner duty for the twins :)

FourStringFiend

Post by FourStringFiend »

Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Got stuff prepped for a roast with a Murray Carter Bunka Bocho in BD1N. I do really like this knife, have no regrets from adding this one to the kitchen arsenal.

Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Wandering_About wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:46 pm
Got stuff prepped for a roast with a Murray Carter Bunka Bocho in BD1N. I do really like this knife, have no regrets from adding this one to the kitchen arsenal.

I would really like to try one of these out, I had just upgraded 5 of my kitchen knives when the Murray Carter collabs came out...I may still have to pick up at least one of the knives out of the collections though, they seem really nice.
So it goes.
Wandering_About

Post by Wandering_About »

Airlsee wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:53 am
Wandering_About wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:46 pm

I would really like to try one of these out, I had just upgraded 5 of my kitchen knives when the Murray Carter collabs came out...I may still have to pick up at least one of the knives out of the collections though, they seem really nice.
It was pricey, but I do like it a lot. It replaced a Shun that I got for a very good price a few years ago. The handle on the Spydie is very comfortable, and I rejoice that it's G10 instead of pakkawood every time I use it. Every kitchen knife I've ever used with a pakkawood handle reeked of formaldehyde, and I can't stand that.

I'm not really a big kitchen knife junkie so I'm sure there are plenty of other options out there but this ticked the boxes that were important to me.
Because desolate places allow us to breathe. And most people don't even know they're out of breath.

MNOSD member #0035
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

Wandering_About wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:26 am
Every kitchen knife I've ever used with a pakkawood handle reeked of formaldehyde, and I can't stand that.
Bahaha! I know exactly what you mean, and I had no idea it was formaldehyde! I have 2 Japanese kitchen knives with "wooden" handles and they have the most odd chemical smell to them. I've had them for over a year and the smell is still there if you sniff the handle...I figured it was lacquer or something.
So it goes.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Um...to open a box that contained a B'made and a Ka-bar. I'll see myself to the door.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Used my new K390 Endela to open and then cut the sides on the packing carton of my new Toro Super Recycler lawn mower. It's one of those space saver models that will fold up and stand up in your garage, so it rolled right out of the open box. I seem to remember a warning on the top of the box about using sharp knives to open it.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This is the sort of shenanigans I use my knives for the most these days, trimming brush so I can get to cars. Sometimes I wonder if an actual bushcraft knife would be better for me but I've had plain edge slip off some types of vines and branches and almost refuse to cut, and that's where serrations bite in and cut more aggressively.

I've really been thinking about finding a Spydersaw, but a knife is more versatile and I have a wood saw on my multitool, it's just a little small. A Jumpmaster 1 with wood saw teeth would be super cool.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

This is accident recovery? A fantastic saw is the Bahco Laplander.
vivi

Post by vivi »

sliced some priority tape at the post office for someone that was struggling to poke / rip it with their pen. he said he was going to have to get himself a pocket knife.
:unicorn