What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Chuck James

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Post by Chuck James »

Cut up some rubber setting blocks.

Pokey

Post by Pokey »

I had to build up a couple of electric, height adjustable, desks last night. Then, when I was done with that I was given the job of building up metal storage cabinets. I had both my SpyOpera and my PM 2 with a CE, 52100 blade.

The boxes I had to open had 5 or 6 plastic straps, or bands, all around them on each box. The straps looked like a sage green extruded plastic, but were a new version of the old fibrous kind. I started trying to cut the straps with the SpyOpera, but found it a lot of work because the PlainEdge had to cut through each and every fiber in the strap material. Out came the PM 2. The SpyderEdge serrations on the blade just ahead of the handle ripped right through the straps with about half the effort of a PlainEdge. There were cable ties on the desks' power cords that just popped when I wedged the blade inside them. I cut the straps into pieces that fit in a trashcan when cleaning up. Cutting the boxes up to fit in the recycling bin was a piece of cake.
z1r

Post by z1r »

upon arriving home yesterday, I used my K390 Endela to open the package my 20CV Endura came in. Then I used it to open the packaging on my new fire pit. Prior to that I was at work and used my ZDP DF2 to cut the end off a banana peel.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Cutting bandages with my Pacific Salt SE.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

20211014_124602_compress18.jpg
Splicing in the mud with the Pacific Salt!
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I cut some low hanging willow branches with my PM 2 today.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Josh1973

Post by Josh1973 »

I used my Native chief for removing an embedded splinter.
bjz

Post by bjz »

This morning I used a stretch SS to slice up a pear with breakfast. At work I used my SE tenacious frn to cut tubing, break down some boxes, and remove a bunch of woody whips and ~2” dia. roots from a very awkward place (this knife makes work easier almost every day). While walking the dog at the beach after work, I used a Para 3 LW to slice a pippen apple (picked from the tree less than a week ago). Once home I used a DF2 wharncliffe to open mail and halve an avocado (the DF2 wharny eats envelopes alive) and shortly I will use a Murray Carter to prep dinner.
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

We got one of those inflatable Coleman hot tubs from Amazon when the price dipped below $400 earlier this week - the UPS guy needed help carrying it up the stairs.Needless to say, there was plenty of cardboard to slice up.

My K390 Stretch was joined by my LTWK Small Workhorse. The recycling bin was already mostly full, but I managed to get these all flat-packed in there just in time for garbage day tomorrow.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Brown_Recluse

Post by Brown_Recluse »

i used one of my Para 3s to begin to peel off the neck wrapping of a Stella Artois so i could use a bottle opener to pop the cap
CPM S90V
Maxamet
CPM-M4
M390
CPM 20CV
Lc200N
CPM-S45VN
DrHE

Post by DrHE »

Yesterday my ZDP189 Endura did some pre-shredding of a large stack of documents to go into my cross cut shredder at work and opened a box/bag with a Bromland gun leather micro strop (for my briefcase).

Today my Amalgam has sliced open mail, 2 box’s of paper and then sliced through a hanging single ply of TP while I was bored using the exec restroom.

I rotate my edc daily to another Spyderco in my collection and they all get used every few days. I simply strop them and wipe them down in the evening before they go back into the stack for their next rotation.

The only times I don’t have at least one Spyderco on me is in bed, in the shower or on an airplane. I would rather forget my wallet or watch than my knives.
M.N.O.S.D. 0031
mazze

Post by mazze »

Hi! New member from Portugal and complete knife noob!
After buying a Manbug K390 (love it!) and reading the package sheet that says it can rust I start reading forums… only had SAK before.
Anyway, no rust so far and the use today was cutting silicone glue around an aluminum panel glued to a wall. A coworker did it and my eyes almost popped with the sound of the blade scratching the concrete wall.
Fortunately this thing is tough and there was no damage.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

mazze wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:11 pm
Hi! New member from Portugal and complete knife noob!
After buying a Manbug K390 (love it!) and reading the package sheet that says it can rust I start reading forums… only had SAK before.
Anyway, no rust so far and the use today was cutting silicone glue around an aluminum panel glued to a wall. A coworker did it and my eyes almost popped with the sound of the blade scratching the concrete wall.
Fortunately this thing is tough and there was no damage.
Hi mazze, welcome to the forum! That K390 is some good stuff. :thumbsup:
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I have been carrying my old Pacific Salt SE the last week or so, cutting up cardboard, slicing fruit, getting dunked in the Gulf of Mexico. Even though I prefer the serrations and cutting performance of my FFG LC200N Caribbean, there's just something unbeatable about the Pacific Salt SE package, when taken as a whole.

Hopefully I'll get some photos this week, here on the Emerald Coast.
- Connor

The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

This one is for Gringo. ;)

- Connor

bjz

Post by bjz »

Well, this evening I noticed the dog moving around kinda funny (as in a different kinda funny than normal because he’s a dog and they always move around kinda funny)…he had somehow grown some monster fur dreadlocks up between his hind legs.

The only tool I had available was my chaparral, which I had luckily already finished using to slice some cheese while out on our daily beach walk.
Matus

Post by Matus »

My k390 PM2 gets a lot of work as we are moving, so carboard, tape, scraping stuff, etc. I think I will reward it with some nice burlap micarta scales afterwards :) Also the little Urban has been active in a similar capacity.
... I like weird :bug-red :bug-white-red :bug-white ...
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

bjz wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:58 pm
Well, this evening I noticed the dog moving around kinda funny (as in a different kinda funny than normal because he’s a dog and they always move around kinda funny)…he had somehow grown some monster fur dreadlocks up between his hind legs.

The only tool I had available was my chaparral, which I had luckily already finished using to slice some cheese while out on our daily beach walk.
Thank you for not providing photographic proof.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Used it to break the rules!!

15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
z1r

Post by z1r »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:42 pm
Used it to break the rules!!

you owe me a cup of coffee! And maybe a keyboard if it doesn't dry out! :coffee