What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 882
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Enactive » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:41 am

Vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:07 am
Opening up my newest addition to the collection!

[img]


Somehow this is the only one I have these days. Lost or gave away all the others I owned. It's like being reacquainted with an old friend.

I'm excited to sharpen it up and use it. Forgot how sexy their geometry is!

Good thing I had my pocket computer with me, so I could save some money having the shop price match :cool: :cool: :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention, nearly impulse purchased a Leatherman T2, but balked at the idea of having to order a pocket clip through the mail again.
Nice, which size is that? I have a couple No. 6, but have been meaning to try a 7 or 8. The even larger ones have appeal too... less as pocket knives and more as 'picnic knives.

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby bearrowland » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:43 am

The 9 is a great all around knife. It's cut many a meal as well as handyman kinds of things.
Barry
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

AccountDeletedUserRequest
Member
Posts: 6612
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:15 am

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby AccountDeletedUserRequest » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:07 am

Enactive wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:41 am
Vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:07 am
Opening up my newest addition to the collection!

[img]


Somehow this is the only one I have these days. Lost or gave away all the others I owned. It's like being reacquainted with an old friend.

I'm excited to sharpen it up and use it. Forgot how sexy their geometry is!

Good thing I had my pocket computer with me, so I could save some money having the shop price match :cool: :cool: :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention, nearly impulse purchased a Leatherman T2, but balked at the idea of having to order a pocket clip through the mail again.
Nice, which size is that? I have a couple No. 6, but have been meaning to try a 7 or 8. The even larger ones have appeal too... less as pocket knives and more as 'picnic knives.
It's an 8 in carbon steel. That's the smallest size that offers me a full grip. My palm is actually a bit wider than it.

I used to have a 10 I used for food prep on hikes and camping trips. Might pick up another. I have a few different mods I want to try.

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 882
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Enactive » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:49 pm

Vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:07 am
Enactive wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:41 am
Vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:07 am
Opening up my newest addition to the collection!

[img]


Somehow this is the only one I have these days. Lost or gave away all the others I owned. It's like being reacquainted with an old friend.

I'm excited to sharpen it up and use it. Forgot how sexy their geometry is!

Good thing I had my pocket computer with me, so I could save some money having the shop price match :cool: :cool: :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention, nearly impulse purchased a Leatherman T2, but balked at the idea of having to order a pocket clip through the mail again.
Nice, which size is that? I have a couple No. 6, but have been meaning to try a 7 or 8. The even larger ones have appeal too... less as pocket knives and more as 'picnic knives.
It's an 8 in carbon steel. That's the smallest size that offers me a full grip. My palm is actually a bit wider than it.

I used to have a 10 I used for food prep on hikes and camping trips. Might pick up another. I have a few different mods I want to try.
Thanks.

User avatar
DSH007
Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 pm
Location: Merrimac, MA

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby DSH007 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:01 am

Used my Brouwer to slice up some awesome smoked pepperoni that a coworker brought in..

Image
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Bloke » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:40 pm

I saved a bigger than average Stick Insect from a little Kingfisher bird of some description yesterday. It’s a little worst for wear by the encounter so I bought it inside hoping it recoups.

Image

I used my trusty little Ladybug SE HB to cut a young small branch of gum leaves which I wet and stuck in a little vase for it to eat and chill on.

Image

It’s over 12” long when it stretches out it’s front legs and a pretty cool find in the big smoke. My daughter is bringing her little ones around to check it out and hopefully it will be OK to put back on the tree it fell out of tonight. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby bearrowland » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:52 pm

That's the biggest Stick I've ever seen Bloke!! 😱
Barry
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Bloke » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:57 pm

bearrowland wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:52 pm
That's the biggest Stick I've ever seen Bloke!! 😱
Yes, it's defiantly one of the biggest I've seen in many years. We get a fair few here but I'd never seen one like this before. It's got these really cool purple thorns. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 3277
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby The Meat man » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:59 pm

That's huge!
It survived the kingfisher but will it survive the kiddies? :eek: :D
- Connor

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 3596
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby TkoK83Spy » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:05 pm

That thing is terrifying hahaha!! I've seen a couple around here from time to time and their typically as thin as a toothpick!

Keep your weirdo bugs down there Bloke :p
Last edited by TkoK83Spy on Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently have 20 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
Bloke
Member
Posts: 4438
Joined: Fri May 13, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Sydney, Australia.

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Bloke » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:14 pm

The Meat man wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:59 pm
That's huge!
It survived the kingfisher but will it survive the kiddies? :eek: :D
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:05 pm
That thing is terrifying hahaha!! I've seen a couple around here from time to time and their typically as thin as a toothpick!

Keep your weirdo bugs down there Bloke :p
You should have seen the look on the little one’s faces (6yrs and 4yrs) when they saw it. Ah, hahaha!

Neither one was scared of it and they both wanted to touch it. :cool:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby JuPaul » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:24 pm

Bloke wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:14 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:59 pm
That's huge!
It survived the kingfisher but will it survive the kiddies? :eek: :D
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:05 pm
That thing is terrifying hahaha!! I've seen a couple around here from time to time and their typically as thin as a toothpick!

Keep your weirdo bugs down there Bloke :p
You should have seen the look on the little one’s faces (6yrs and 4yrs) when they saw it. Ah, hahaha!

Neither one was scared of it and they both wanted to touch it. :cool:
My 6-year-old loves finding those and carrying them around on his shoulders, but I think even he'd balk at a foot-long one! Crazy!
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

JuPaul
Member
Posts: 1646
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:06 am

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby JuPaul » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:07 am
Enactive wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:41 am
Vivi wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:07 am
Opening up my newest addition to the collection!

[img]


Somehow this is the only one I have these days. Lost or gave away all the others I owned. It's like being reacquainted with an old friend.

I'm excited to sharpen it up and use it. Forgot how sexy their geometry is!

Good thing I had my pocket computer with me, so I could save some money having the shop price match :cool: :cool: :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention, nearly impulse purchased a Leatherman T2, but balked at the idea of having to order a pocket clip through the mail again.
Nice, which size is that? I have a couple No. 6, but have been meaning to try a 7 or 8. The even larger ones have appeal too... less as pocket knives and more as 'picnic knives.
It's an 8 in carbon steel. That's the smallest size that offers me a full grip. My palm is actually a bit wider than it.

I used to have a 10 I used for food prep on hikes and camping trips. Might pick up another. I have a few different mods I want to try.
I gave my stepdaughter a purple #7 for her 13th birthday - she loves to whittle with it and carve up whatever she can find outside. Great first pocket knife, as well as a reliable old companion. I've thought about getting one of their mushroom knives many times.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.

User avatar
legOFwhat?
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 am
Location: Kentucky; Earth

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby legOFwhat? » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:21 am

These two will be my yard tools until these oak trees drop their last leaves.

Image
-Larry
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

User avatar
PStone
Member
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: USA Illinois

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby PStone » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:38 pm

#themeatmanchallenge

Revisiting Meat Man’s bucket challenge today with my Resilience. Only this time I was able to get the handle too. :cool: No visible damage, and still popping arm hairs along the entire edge.
Image
“In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back.”
-Charlie Brown

prndltech
Member
Posts: 734
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:53 am
Location: Austin, Texas

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby prndltech » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:25 pm

Removing an old oil change sticker from a customers windshield
The planter, the farmer, the mechanic, and the laborer... form the great body of the people of the United States, they are the bone and sinew of the country men who love liberty and desire nothing but equal rights and equal laws. - Andrew Jackson

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 3277
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby The Meat man » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:58 pm

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:38 pm
#themeatmanchallenge

Revisiting Meat Man’s bucket challenge today with my Resilience. Only this time I was able to get the handle too. :cool: No visible damage, and still popping arm hairs along the entire edge.
Image
Ha ha nice. :cool: What I'd like to do sometime (if I can get my hands on one) is try cutting a 55 gallon drum in half. :eek:

I got a Resilience back when Wal-Mart had them on sale for $25. Big beefy knife.
- Connor

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

Marulaghost
Member
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:02 pm

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby Marulaghost » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:21 pm

Cut up a slab of homemade biltong with the spydiechef.
I fell for this knife hard

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 3277
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby The Meat man » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:27 pm

Marulaghost wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:21 pm
Cut up a slab of homemade biltong with the spydiechef.
I fell for this knife hard
Biltong is great! Been awhile since I made any. What is your method?
- Connor

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."

The Meat man
Member
Posts: 3277
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Postby The Meat man » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Today I used my Police 4 to carve a new handle for a leaf rake. It was dry, well seasoned elm and the knife performed perfectly with no damage, despite the very low edge angle.

Also used it to cut a couple T-bone steaks for supper.
- Connor

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live."


Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AmpliFyre, Cyberwolf, goosejuice96, ladybug93, Majestic-12 [Bot], pushcut and 13 guests