What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
toxophilus

Re: What did you use your Spyderco for last?

Post by toxophilus »

Slow cooker Carnita preparation!

PStone

Post by PStone »

I last used my spyderco for my most favorite task.....

...opening a brand new spyderco! :D
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:57 am
I last used my spyderco for my most favorite task.....

...opening a brand new spyderco!

Ahhhahahaha...I came to this thread to post the same thing! Opened my Massdrop Blue Box Native 5! :D
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

I think we can all agree that is the best possible use for a Spyderco knife. :)

I've been cutting up some cardboard today at work. A piece of cardboard on top of a wooden pallet makes stacking small steel parts easier.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
vivi

Post by vivi »

ThePeacent wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:42 am
Vivi wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:00 am
P3 helped make dinner

Thai spicy chicken? :p
Nope, just salt pepper and butter. I cook off chicken breasts every weekend and use them for quick dinners during the week.
:unicorn
crazywednesday

Post by crazywednesday »

I'm a pussy. I use my ultra cool steel to open Amazon packages.
Justin
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

How does everyone post pictures here? I assume you are taking phone pics, right? Is there an easy way or do you have to upload them somewhere and then link to it?
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 am
How does everyone post pictures here? I assume you are taking phone pics, right? Is there an easy way or do you have to upload them somewhere and then link to it?
I use a photo resizing app. It makes the file size small enough to post, albeit at the expense of some quality.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

IMGA0169.jpg

Cutting up strawberries for lunch. One of my favorite fruits.
- Connor

sinnyc

Post by sinnyc »

Cambertree wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:28 am
Prepped the ingredients for a batch of hotsauce.
Yum. I'm growing Reapers and Trinidad Chocolate Scorpions. It's gonna be a spicy autumn :)
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

sinnyc wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:56 pm
Cambertree wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:28 am
Prepped the ingredients for a batch of hotsauce.
Yum. I'm growing Reapers and Trinidad Chocolate Scorpions. It's gonna be a spicy autumn :)
Thanks, that sounds like a tasty harvest coming up!

I used my Police to do some trimming and pruning of my plants: Thai Birds-eyes, Trinidad Scorpion Cardi Yellows, Habaneros, Jalapeños, and Bhut Jolokia Ghosts. ;) :)
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

This "little" guy helped do some tending to my pico de galo garden this morning. I guess everybody is doing peppers today :) I have some reapers on the way.

I also have another plant that proved to be a female today, I'm most excited about that!!!

Oh and I have a racist blackberry bush. I'll post pictures when it fruits(hopefully next year)
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Ironbutt

Post by Ironbutt »

We ran across this little guy on one of our daily walks & I got the Manix out of my pocket for scale.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Used my Caly 3 this week to trim down a printed memo on a diagnostic test to post on my corkboard at my desk at work.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Hey Cambertree,

I love the look of that well-used Police blade.
- Connor

sinnyc

Post by sinnyc »

Cambertree wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:18 am
I used my Police to do some trimming and pruning of my plants: Thai Birds-eyes, Trinidad Scorpion Cardi Yellows, Habaneros, Jalapeños, and Bhut Jolokia Ghosts. ;) :)
Do you worry about cross-pollination with the plants to close? Last winter I had Reaper, Ghost, and Red Savina under a grow light in my sun room. They produced well but I'm almost sure I was getting hybrids by the end of the winter.
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:26 am

This "little" guy helped do some tending to my pico de galo garden this morning. I guess everybody is doing peppers today :) I have some reapers on the way.
Good stuff! Nice to see the sun out, we get sporadic sunny days during winter down here in Melbourne, Australia, but it's been pretty dismal the last few days. Good to have the rain though. That's a Worker right? I passed it up, mainly due to the price, but wow, you're making me regret not picking one up. Sal really didn't hold back with the thin blade and needle tip design, it's impressive to see how Spyderco have been all about high performance cutting tools from the very first model C01. How do you find it in use?
I also have another plant that proved to be a female today, I'm most excited about that!!!
;) :)
The Meat man wrote: Hey Cambertree,

I love the look of that well-used Police blade.
Thanks very much, it gets a lot of use in the kitchen. Love that thin K390 blade! :)
sinnyc wrote: Do you worry about cross-pollination with the plants to close? Last winter I had Reaper, Ghost, and Red Savina under a grow light in my sun room. They produced well but I'm almost sure I was getting hybrids by the end of the winter.
To be honest, @sinnyc, this is the first year I've grown the 'superhots' like Ghosts, Scorpions and the varieties which are more common in your part of the world like Jalapeños and Habeneros. Usually, here Down Under if you ask for chillis (we don't call 'em peppers) people will give you red or green Thai Birds-eye varieties, which are around 100,000 on the Scoville scale. They pack a fair sting, and are much hotter than Jalapeños, Serranos and Cayennes, but are not on the same level as Habaneros and the like. Because we tend to use the one variety, we often let them freely cross pollinate and hybridise in gardens.

Regarding the other varieties I have - at the moment my objective is just to get the plants through winter, without being killed off by frost, and keep them trimmed into a good shrubby structure, that will stand them in good stead when Spring rolls around. I have a fairly good collection of species specific seeds, so I'm not too worried about cross pollination. :)

My favourite gardening and harvesting knife is the Tasman Salt (in combination with SAK scissors).

Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Cambertree wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:45 pm
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:26 am

Good stuff! Nice to see the sun out, we get sporadic sunny days during winter down here in Melbourne, Australia, but it's been pretty dismal the last few days. Good to have the rain though. That's a Worker right? I passed it up, mainly due to the price, but wow, you're making me regret not picking one up. Sal really didn't hold back with the thin blade and needle tip design, it's impressive to see how Spyderco have been all about high performance cutting tools from the very first model C01. How do you find it in use?
;) :)

It's actually a Dyad.
Aside from being quite heavy, it's a fantastic knife. It pops spinters out better than anything and is surprisingly comfortable in the hand. It's so nice, that I bought a Micro Dyad for when I'm carying something else.

And if a fool steps to me, I can cut him like Darth Maul!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Cambertree

Post by Cambertree »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:07 am
It's actually a Dyad.
Aside from being quite heavy, it's a fantastic knife. It pops spinters out better than anything and is surprisingly comfortable in the hand. It's so nice, that I bought a Micro Dyad for when I'm carying something else.

LOL! :D Cool knife, and a great solution to the PE vs SE debate. I should have known: after I got bit good by the bug after getting a VG10 Delica and PM2 a few years back, I sat down and made a list of all the Spydie models I wanted to get hold of. The Dyad was on that list until I realised that like the Clipitools, it's heavily right hand biased. :( Sweet blades, I wonder you don't see it more as an EDC carry on the forums? :confused:
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Cambertree wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:48 am
Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:07 am
It's actually a Dyad.

LOL! :D Cool knife, and a great solution to the PE vs SE debate. I should have known: after I got bit good by the bug after getting a VG10 Delica and PM2 a few years back, I sat down and made a list of all the Spydie models I wanted to get hold of. The Dyad was on that list until I realised that like the Clipitools, it's heavily right hand biased. :( Sweet blades, I wonder you don't see it more as an EDC carry on the forums? :confused:
Probably the weight, everyone has a chubby for lightweight knives these days.
Me, I like a knife with heft and good balance. This one will stay in my rotation.

As for lefty, it is a bit weird to get used to. Start opening with your index and finish with your thumb, not too bad.

-Thomas Jefferson