Too Many Exclusives?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wrdwrght

Re: Too Many Exclusives?

Post by wrdwrght »

So noticed are we here, I think we sometimes forget that Spyderco is all the while, and primarily, making business calculations.

If dealer/distributor-exclusives were a loss to revenue, I think we wouldn't see them. If exclusives add to revenue, do they not cushion the inherent risk of sprints, and thus make sprints something we can expect?

Whatever, I like the mix that exclusives and sprints create.

I'm less a fan of dealers adopting a particular handle color, but neither do I care much for steel/handle color associations. Why put limits on the rainbow?
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

Too many? I was thinking not enough.
Darth_cholo

Post by Darth_cholo »

anycal wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:15 am
RickC27 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:38 am
Pelagic wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:17 am
GarageBoy wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:04 am
I wish they made more so the hoarders don't eat up the whole stash. Makes the sprints borderline too valuable to use
Very true. Think about all the sprints and exclusives that will literally never get used to cut anything, lol.
Funny how that works. They design some incredible steel that could cut through concrete, but people won't touch it without a glove on or even slice a piece of paper or cardboard with it...and spend $200+ on it!

Some of that paper could be too abrasive! It is generally pretty safe to use phone book paper. But yes, make sure to use gloves!
Right on. Agree with all this! These knives deserved to be used! I also think people double up. One to use one to store and sell.