Bring back the Dodo!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Re: Bring back the Dodo!

Post by Liquid Cobra »

BladeHQ, if you’re listening. Bring back the dodo with M4 and jade G10. It’ll sell like hot cakes and will probably hold the record for ugliest Spyderco ever!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:36 pm
BladeHQ, if you’re listening. Bring back the dodo with M4 and jade G10. It’ll sell like hot cakes and will probably hold the record for ugliest Spyderco ever!

No! Dang it DO THE SHAMAN. Stop the madness lol
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Evil D wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:43 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:

SHAMAN
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

This isn't a Shaman thread, go away.

I found this knive to be wonderful. Blade shape is way better than it has any business being. It is truly an amazing knife, I don't see it leaving my pocket for a long time.

I implore everyone to give it a fair shake, mine is SE and it is an absolute delight.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Evil D wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 7:43 pm
Liquid Cobra wrote:

At the rate they’re going you know they’ll do both!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sold! That would be my kind of ugly :D DLC too please
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I would just literally be elated with a Spyderedged Dodo with a nuclear Yellow G-10 handle with LC200N or I would settle for H-1 but would far prefer the LC200N. If they would do a Sprint Run with pairs ( PE & SE) of Nuclear Yellow Dodo models I would head to the pawn shop if I didn't have the money at the time. That's an outright awesome idea!! And YES!! we absolutely "NEED" the return of the Dodo model but that particular combo I bet would sell out in less than 10 days.

The Dodo should be a permanent model like the POLICE, ENDURA, DELICA ect>> Yeah it's that good ;)
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

We need it back. BHQ exclusive would be fine, or just about any other specification.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

ohcyclist wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 9:17 am
We need it back. BHQ exclusive would be fine, or just about any other specification.
Even if it was plain black g-10 and vg-10... I'd still get one. I want colors and tool steel though :D

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
Hopweaver

Post by Hopweaver »

NO MORE JADE PLEASE! I would really like to get in on the Blade HQ exclusives if they can pick a decent scale.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Until my demands have been met, I will not buy another Spyderco!

Well, after I buy the Native 5 salt. Oh, and the Kopa... and the Rhino.........

Maybe a Caribbean too.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I wonder how spyderco guages the market for this stuff. It took years for the Spyderhawk sprint. The cf dodo wasn't that long ago. I wonder if they check with stores to see how fast something is selling. I know with production models they can tell because of what vendors order. Sprints just sit on the shelf sometimes so they must keep track somehow.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

VashHash wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:02 am
I wonder how spyderco guages the market for this stuff. It took years for the Spyderhawk sprint. The cf dodo wasn't that long ago. I wonder if they check with stores to see how fast something is selling. I know with production models they can tell because of what vendors order. Sprints just sit on the shelf sometimes so they must keep track somehow.

I guess we just need a 100+ page several years in the making thread like we had for the Spyderhawk.

Maybe I should do the same for a Sliverax sprint.
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Evil D wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 am
VashHash wrote:

I guess we just need a 100+ page several years in the making thread like we had for the Spyderhawk.

:D
http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... =2&t=77246

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:12 am
Evil D wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 am
VashHash wrote:

:D
http://www.spyderco.com/forumII/viewtop ... =2&t=77246

It's like the guy in Shawshank Redemption writing letters to get a grant to build the library. "It only took me 5 years, maybe next time I'll write two letters a week".
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Evil D wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:16 am
It's like the guy in Shawshank Redemption writing letters to get a grant to build the library. "It only took me 5 years, maybe next time I'll write two letters a week".
Ha ha :D

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Maybe if I start a thread and bump it twice a day, after a few years I'll get that I want just so they can shut me up :D
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Evil D wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:30 am
Maybe if I start a thread and bump it twice a day, after a few years I'll get that I want just so they can shut me up :D
They have to make a PE Autonomy one of these days right?

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 2:00 pm
Evil D wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:30 am
They have to make a PE Autonomy one of these days right?

I believe it'll be in the form of the Autonomy 2, which is a completely different knife apart from the lock.
~David
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Here's my shameless bump of the day.

We will wear them down.

-Thomas Jefferson