The Spyderco Military - Discussion

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
StuntZombie

Re: The Spyderco Military - Discussion

Post by StuntZombie »

Bodog wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:42 pm
I want a millie but with a 3.5 inch blade, a compression lock, and four way clip.
Isn't that just a Para 2?
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

What do you fellas think about being able to do a Millie with a 4 way clip and the Stop lock?

In theory the Stop lock sounds great, but we'll have to see it in use with the Parata first! I thought I remember hearing rumors hear that the Millie 2 could have the stop lock. I don't know how much the design would have to change in order to incorporate a Stop lock. I'm definitely not an engineer and can't even begin to think like one, but would a Stop lock need any liners? Or could the keep the stop lock and have it be just G10? Or would you need very basic liners (partway up the blade)? As long as it isn't full liners, I think we're good to go!
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

hambone56rx wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:29 pm
What do you fellas think about being able to do a Millie with a 4 way clip and the Stop lock?
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The Stop Lock will probably be great, I just wonder if it'll be great enough to justify the added weight. Do we know if it has a strong close bias? That seems to be a big gripe, probably can't please everyone. We'll gain ambidextrous lock but also gain weight and maybe not gain close bias.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Bloke wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:59 pm
hambone56rx wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Lol :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

The original liner lock is supposed to stick around once the stop lock version is released if I remember correctly. The jimping on the military catches me hand every time I reach into my pocket. It's why I carry the ulize when I want a larger folder. I really like my millies but they don't see pocket time lately.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

I'm really interested in the Ti framelock. One of these days I'll have to pull the trigger. I may just get the full Ti model over the Ti/CF exclusive. Easier to clean the scales and I already have some s90v.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Strider

Post by Strider »

dogrunner wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:17 pm
edited to add - I do swap out the clip for an MXG deep-carry clip on all my Milis. Just a personal preference.
Do you use the short or long mxg clip?
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

dogrunner wrote:
edited to add - I do swap out the clip for an MXG deep-carry clip on all my Milis. Just a personal preference.
Do you have pics with MXG deep-carry clips installed?
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

AlexRus wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:56 am
dogrunner wrote:
Do you have pics with MXG deep-carry clips installed?
I can take one. I'll try to remember tonight.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Strider wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:55 am
dogrunner wrote:
Do you use the short or long mxg clip?
I think they are the long, but I will double-check. Pictures to come too.
BravoTango

Post by BravoTango »

we don't need 4 way clip options, what we need is right hand tip up only. :D
:spyder: Ben,

The North Remembers.

Has (Always in flux): Shaman, Chef, Techno, M390 Para 3, Gayle Bradley 2, Manix 2 M4. Manix 2 XL, Blue Weave Domino, CF Chaparral, Vtoku2 Endura 4, D-Fly Salt Hawk SE.[/s].

Wants: Manix 2 XL CPM-M4 or 4V, Compression Lock, Tip-up Military, Yojimbo 2 XL.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Military with MXG deep carry clip, long. Rides great this way, discrete, but still easy to extract. This is the Cruwear, but I have other Mili's set up this way too.
Attachments
photo 2.JPG
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

I like that!
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
AlexRus

Post by AlexRus »

dogrunner wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:21 pm
Military with MXG deep carry clip, long. Rides great this way, discrete, but still easy to extract. This is the Cruwear, but I have other Mili's set up this way too.
Looks really good!
Does it fit a new CQI Military with standoffs, stepped stop-pin and pivot bushing?
HarleyXJGuy

Re: The Spyderco Military Discussion

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Evil D wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 6:40 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 5:15 pm
Evil D, hilarious picture/caption! :D

For the OP: I'd like to hear about people's experiences using their favorite Millies. What do you like about the Military, and what do you not like about it? What is your favorite Military?

My favorite is probably the 52100, but I'm also quite fond of the M4/jade and my reground S110V.

Use wise I use them for everything really. I started out using my first as a yard work knife cutting saplings and such and immediately came to appreciate the one thing I had always hated about this knife which is the huge handle. It may be overkill for casual EDC but when you really need to use a knife for real work and you're wearing gloves it really shines. Even the liner lock which isn't my favorite lock just plain works, and again it works really well with gloves on. It's just a really well designed work knife. I think you really need to use one to fully appreciate it.
Reground 110v Military you say?
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:35 am
Evil D wrote:
The Meat man wrote:

For the OP: I'd like to hear about people's experiences using their favorite Millies. What do you like about the Military, and what do you not like about it? What is your favorite Military?

My favorite is probably the 52100, but I'm also quite fond of the M4/jade and my reground S110V.

Use wise I use them for everything really. I started out using my first as a yard work knife cutting saplings and such and immediately came to appreciate the one thing I had always hated about this knife which is the huge handle. It may be overkill for casual EDC but when you really need to use a knife for real work and you're wearing gloves it really shines. Even the liner lock which isn't my favorite lock just plain works, and again it works really well with gloves on. It's just a really well designed work knife. I think you really need to use one to fully appreciate it.

Yes'ir, it's a Big Chris regrind. I'd post a pic but I'm on my cell. I have a thread somewhere with pics of it and my S110V Manix 2 custom that he also reground. I'd like to have my 52100 and M4 thinned out eventually.
~David
HarleyXJGuy

Post by HarleyXJGuy »

Evil D wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:44 am
HarleyXJGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:35 am
Evil D wrote:
The Meat man wrote:

Yes'ir, it's a Big Chris regrind. I'd post a pic but I'm on my cell. I have a thread somewhere with pics of it and my S110V Manix 2 custom that he also reground. I'd like to have my 52100 and M4 thinned out eventually.
Very cool.

Bet it is a slicer.

Big Chris still do regrinds? Cost much?
On my radar: 110V Military, Police 4 and some sweet Rex 45 Military action.

Newest Spydies: S90v Ti Military, Pacific Salt and a special Kiwi.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

HarleyXJGuy wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 7:48 am

Very cool.

Bet it is a slicer.

Big Chris still do regrinds? Cost much?

I had then done just over a year ago. I'm sure he still does but it sounds like he's really busy at the moment with this TV show he's on and Blade. They weren't the cheapest from what I've heard regrinds costing, the Military was $90 and I think $70 for the Manix but I had seen his work and knew it wouldn't get jacked up so I was ok with the cost. I just looked at it like I was buying another/better knife and put a couple new models on hold for a while. He may not charge as much for other steels.

Oh, it figures the thread I made doesn't have any pics in it thanks to Photophuckit. :rolleyes:
~David
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

If Big Chris isn't available to do regrinds, you could try Josh at Razor's Edge. He reground a Southfork for me and I'm very happy with it.

It seems like as soon as word gets out that someone does good work, they're booked solid for years, though.