Updated shaman sprint steel poll

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Shaman sprint steel, refined

Cruwear
39%
M4
11%
10V
4%
Vanax
7%
204P
14%
LC200N
8%
Maxamet
6%
4V
7%
3V
4%

Total votes: 270

Sumdumguy

Re: Updated shaman sprint steel poll

Post by Sumdumguy »

Vanax or lc200n would be my choices.
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

xceptnl wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:02 pm
Micarta and stonewashed Cruwear or 204P means where do i swipe my card.... sign me up for one Sal
YEAH.... Wow. Definitely cruwear... But I'm loving the 204p on my Military....
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Smeadism

Post by Smeadism »

Hi Sal,

Thank you for the warm welcome and thank you for such a wonderful design as the Shaman. Please leave the stonewash on any sprints as its one of the main things that attracted me to Shaman in the first place. Please stonewash more of your US made blades
Spyderco Shaman, Lil Native & Rescue 79mm Orange handle (work knife)
waiting ever so patiently for the McBee to come out
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

sal wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:50 pm
For discussion purposes only; What do you think about a canvas Micarta in brown like the Temperance had and either stone-washed Cruwear or 204P (or M390 or CPM 20CV)? Since the chemistry is very similar, I would opt for the CPM 20CV.

The CF S90V version I promoting will be a small run sprint due to the high cost.

sal

Sal, this is awesome news to hear you are considering Cruwear, especially with Micarta! Matte Brown Micarta with Stonewashed Cruwear is my vote. Id likely buy 2 of them, and Im trying to get away from hoarding multiples so that is saying something! :)

I just got the Native LW Maxamet and the stonewash finish is superb, so I immediately wondered if the same finish could be achieved on Cruwear and other steels. I also really liked the matte finish micarta on the Bark River Bravos and LT Wrights Ive owned. I enjoy any of Brown, Green, and Burgundy Micarta, but im sure Brown will have the widest appeal. I would also think that Cruwear would have the widest appeal of the steels you mention for this particular model.

Assuming that Cruwear/Micarta gets released and is as big of a success as I would expect, I would also suggest 3V and 4V in Micarta for future releases due to immense popularity of 3V/Micarta fixed blades. I think you could pull a lot of new customers in with that combo. I've been wanting a beefy Micarta folder in Cruwear/3V/4V for a long time. Seems like we are close!!

Cruwear Nation Rejoice!!!! :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
PStone

Post by PStone »

I’m in on the cf s90v for sure. I don’t care what the price is. I’ll pay it.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Cruwear and brown micarta would be a must have for me!!
swigert

Post by swigert »

Sal the Micarta idea is amazing. I’m totally in.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Glad to see micarta being seriously discussed for a folding spydie
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

dogrunner wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 pm
Cruwear and brown micarta would be a must have for me!!
Me too!
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

steelcity16 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:05 pm
I'm gonna tattoo "CRUWEAR 4 LIFE!!!" on my chest with my new .....
This will definitely call for photos -- but better yet, rethink the whole thing.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

sal wrote:
For discussion purposes only; What do you think about a canvas Micarta in brown like the Temperance had and either stone-washed Cruwear or 204P (or M390 or CPM 20CV)? Since the chemistry is very similar, I would opt for the CPM 20CV.

The CF S90V version I promoting will be a small run sprint due to the high cost.

sal
I have extremely high regard for the Micarta handle on the Temperance 2, so all I can say is that this would be fantastic. Micarta is a great material, and I like the cool satiny feel in hand. Glad to see it being suggested.

I would be ecstatic about either Cruwear or CPM 20CV -- stone washed on top of all that, this is getting too good to believe.

I have just become aware of the Shaman, and it is the most appealing knife I have seen in a long time, so for me it is just a matter of
scheduling the purchase of one. All of this would make it "immediate at all costs". This is simply tremendous.

So there is some discussion. In summary, "Yeah, baby!"

There is nothing wrong in any way about the idea of a CF S90V knife. For someone like myself without infinite amounts of money, it becomes a matter of making certain choices. However, this new proposal is over the top.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Mmmmmmmmmmmicarta.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

A stonewashed Cruwear Micarta Shaman would truly be epic. The problem is that now I am not going to be able to sleep for a year until I have this in my hand. Hopefully Sal will drop that Cruwear Native LW he has hinted at in other threads on us and that will quench my Cruwear thirst for awhile while I am waiting for a Shaman. I have a Cruwear Military on the way that I plan to put through the paces as well. Sorry for more ranting. Can't sleep. Counting Shamans... :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Cruwear and micarta? I'm in!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

sal wrote:

sal
Sal, I'd buy 20CV (or either of the other two nearly identical steels) simply because I want a Micarta handle Shaman with a stainless blade. But it seems that most of your customers here want CruWear, so it looks like that will sell better for you.

The other issue you may run into with Micarta handle and 20CV / M390 / 204P blade is that outside of Spyderco brand loyalists, Knifeworks has a Benchmade Griptilian exclusive in black paper micarta with M390 blade that they're selling for $170. As you know, that's a bit less than MAP on the S30V blade Shaman, so that would be tough competition.

As for the dealers and distributors who are watching this thread, I'll repeat what I wrote earlier. A Shaman or other Spyderco model exclusive in Vanax, please. I like that LC200N is nearly rustproof and performs like VG-10. Now I'd like to try Vanax since it's supposed to be as rust resistant as LC200N but perform better than Elmax in toughness and edge retention. A no compromises Shaman Salt on steroids with Vanax would be amazing. Someone please make this happen.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

ugaarguy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 am

The other issue you may run into with Micarta handle and 20CV / M390 / 204P blade is that outside of Spyderco brand loyalists, Knifeworks has a Benchmade Griptilian exclusive in black paper micarta with M390 blade that they're selling for $170. As you know, that's a bit less than MAP on the S30V blade Shaman, so that would be tough competition.

It's out of stock...so no worries there. Lol. :D But I'd still take the Cruwear/Micarta over anything.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Cruwear shaman, take my money!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

CRUWEAR NATION!
Stand proud :D
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

This is truly a great time to be alive! CRUWEAR NATION REJOICE! :D Check out my new signature! :D :D :D :D
FullCircleHook

Post by FullCircleHook »

You can also count me in on the brown Micarta/Cru-wear purchase! I think that combo is perfect. Looking forward to it if it does in deed work out.