Updated shaman sprint steel poll

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

Shaman sprint steel, refined

Cruwear
39%
M4
11%
10V
4%
Vanax
7%
204P
14%
LC200N
8%
Maxamet
6%
4V
7%
3V
4%

Total votes: 270

DukeNiemand

Re: Updated shaman sprint steel poll

Post by DukeNiemand »

Still think I'd have a slight preference for a DLC 4V/Red G10 St Nick's version. But this tan/brown micarta is mighty fine looking.
Last edited by DukeNiemand on Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

DukeNiemand wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:04 am
Still think I'd have a slight preference for a DLC 4V/Red G10 St Nick's version. But this tan/brown G10 is mighty fine looking.
It isn't brown G10, it is canvas micarta.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

I was more interested in the comments where he said he heard there was a dealer exclusive coming in August.
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
DukeNiemand

Post by DukeNiemand »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:39 am
DukeNiemand wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:04 am
Still think I'd have a slight preference for a DLC 4V/Red G10 St Nick's version. But this tan/brown micarta is mighty fine looking.
It isn't brown G10, it is canvas micarta.
Yep, typo. I was actually coming back to edit my post realizing I might have made that mistake, but someone beat me to it :o
Mm1313

Post by Mm1313 »

Handled it @ BladeShow, confirmed it for late 2019. Feels great in hand, very grippy and is a very nice color micarta. Btw right on the prototype case it said in big letters "no photos allowed". I kindly asked if I could take one and they said no.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Wow, that picture looks sweeeet! Thanks to whoever broke the rules by taking that photo! Lol. :D They seriously better plan on making this a very large sprint, or even better a production knife. Not sure if they realize how in demand this thing is gonna be. My hope is that they double the run by making a DLC version as well. Maybe do that one in matte Olive Drab Green Canvas Micarta? Or maybe matte Burgundy Canvas Micrta?? Whatever they do good luck to everyone trying to get one. You are going to need it! :eek:
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Rutger

Post by Rutger »

Looking very nice. And the natural canvas micarta is probably easy to RIT dye for whatever color you like.
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

Rutger wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:25 am
Looking very nice. And the natural canvas micarta is probably easy to RIT dye for whatever color you like.
Good to hear! That's what I was wondering. Selfishly I was wanting OD. Love that it's in the works and coming soon!

Hamilton
bearfacedkiller

steelcity16 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:58 pm
Wow, that picture looks sweeeet! Thanks to whoever broke the rules by taking that photo! Lol. :D They seriously better plan on making this a very large sprint, or even better a production knife. Not sure if they realize how in demand this thing is gonna be. My hope is that they double the run by making a DLC version as well. Maybe do that one in matte Olive Drab Green Canvas Micarta? Or maybe matte Burgundy Canvas Micrta?? Whatever they do good luck to everyone trying to get one. You are going to need it! :eek:
Agreed, they better make a lot. These are going to go very fast!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 am
steelcity16 wrote:

Yeah, I honestly feel that anything short of a production model is going to leave a lot of people disappointed. I mean I guess once they see these sell out in seconds at every retailer they can do additional Micarta sprints in other steels. OD Green with 3V. Burgundy with 4V. Orange with Rex45. Denim with AEB-L. Black with 20CV. The possibilities are endless...just like the demand is going to be. :)
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:45 am
I was nore interested in the comments where he said he heard there was a dealer exclusive coming in August.
:eek: :eek: where was this mentioned?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

curlyhairedboy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:50 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
I was nore interested in the comments where he said he heard there was a dealer exclusive coming in August.
Instagram. A guy I follow. He was at blade and said he heard that there would be an exclusive coming around August before the Cruwear. I have no way to verify this, but that's what I heard.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
bearfacedkiller

steelcity16 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:59 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 am
steelcity16 wrote:

Yeah, I honestly feel that anything short of a production model is going to leave a lot of people disappointed. I mean I guess once they see these sell out in seconds at every retailer they can do additional Micarta sprints in other steels. OD Green with 3V. Burgundy with 4V. Orange with Rex45. Denim with AEB-L. Black with 20CV. The possibilities are endless...just like the demand is going to be. :)
Agreed, if the price point is decent then they could totally make this a production knife and in my eyes that would be ideal.
-Darby
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:45 am
curlyhairedboy wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:50 am
ZrowsN1s wrote:
Instagram. A guy I follow. He was at blade and said he heard that there would be an exclusive coming around August before the Cruwear. I have no way to verify this, but that's what I heard.
oh dang! Maybe a knifecenter orange g10?
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
hambone56rx

Post by hambone56rx »

Can we add K390 to the steel request?

Hamilton
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Man, now that I've got the s90v one I'm really looking forward to more!
Monty

Post by Monty »

I'm curious, does anyone prefer the serrated S30V Shaman variation over the PE S30V? Between youtube videos and instagram I see almost no references to the SE version except collector/unboxing type channels. I really like SE (and I love partially SE) so I'm really tempted to pick one of these up as a companion to whatever PE sprint arrives.
Ez556

Post by Ez556 »

This really needs to be a regular production knife. A S110V Shaman doesn’t make nearly as much sense as a Cruwear Shaman. Most everything else from Golden has gotten the S110V treatment in a production knife, I’d love if they opted for this Cruwear/Micarta flavor for the Shaman instead. It just makes so much sense. At minimum this had better be a high, high volume sprint!
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Changed vote to 4V. The crimson blood red/DLC 4V treatment would really suit the Shaman imo. But it's really hard to go wrong on this platform.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Pelagic wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:40 am

Changed vote to 4V. The crimson blood red/DLC 4V treatment would really suit the Shaman imo. But it's really hard to go wrong on this platform.

Yep, my vote is still 3V for something new, but a 4V St Nick's exclusive is my other wish aside from the upcoming Cruwear Micarta version. I of course wouldn't say no to a Shaman LW Salt in LC200N either though.