Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rgrad80

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Post by rgrad80 »

I got my shipping confirmation from Sherpers this morning! Did anyone ether one? I didn’t think it would happen, because people said their orders had been canceled.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Finally scored one today at a local gun shop. :)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Kiteman72

Post by Kiteman72 »

Mine showed up today, and I am in love. My Sherper's order was cancelled, but I scored from GPK!
Joey

Post by Joey »

My goinggear.com order was cancelled.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

In my almost 2 years of collecting, I've never seen such hype for a sub $100 Spyderco. I honestly don't get it, give me a Chaparral any day. Is it because it's superblue...that 9 out of 10 people won't even use, for fear of corrosion?
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Robbob

Post by Robbob »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:22 pm
In my almost 2 years of collecting, I've never seen such hype for a sub $100 Spyderco. I honestly don't get it, give me a Chaparral any day. Is it because it's superblue...that 9 out of 10 people won't even use, for fear of corrosion?
That's quite a track record. The Calypso Jr has been discontinued for over a decade and it's a super steel for not much scratch. From what I've seen, a lot more folks use their Superblue Delicas than I would have figured.
8-fingers

Post by 8-fingers »

I’m really pumped to get this knife! I just informed KC that I wanted them to split ship an order so this is on its way! Best part of the deal is that KC honored the original mis-marked price when it was first advertised.. I picked this one up for around $32 shipped!!!!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi 8-fingers,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
8-fingers

Post by 8-fingers »

sal wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:38 pm
Hi 8-fingers,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Sal,

Thank very much kind sir... I've been a lurker over here for awhile, more active on another broad, non-manufacturer based forum. I think my purchasing preferences over the last two years indicates that I should be spending more time over on this board with my specific questions as I'm approaching about 85-90 Spyderco's in my collection, which consists of around 150 folders in total. I won't even divulge the amount of fixed blades :eek:

You and your son have feed my curiosity over this time with the wonders of blade steel choices. While I am a Physicist by degree, I still get to play around with various materials at work, learning from several of my associates, several of which had graduated from the Colorado School of Mines, as did my cousin, whom is one of the nation's premier experts on titanium welding. I find metallurgical and materials engineering to be a fascinating diversion from my regular line of work. Sometimes the amount of choices can be overwhelming and can cause damage to my bank account, but it is a lot better than some of the other vices I could be involved in...

Robert
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Mine should be here tomorrow! I may infact use this knife. It won't go to work with me, but it might be nice for around town.

Still scared of rust!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Strider

Post by Strider »

Well, I got what I came for. Time to unsubscribe from the thread. Thanks!
Kiteman72

Post by Kiteman72 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:16 pm
Mine should be here tomorrow! I may infact use this knife. It won't go to work with me, but it might be nice for around town.

Still scared of rust!
I really love mine. Is SB really prone to rust? I have been coating my blade with RustFree (from AG Russel) just to be on the safe side.
Joey

Post by Joey »

After stalking multiple sites and having an order cancelled on me, I’ve found one on eBay coupled with a v-toku/sus410 manbug for $145 shipped. Seeing these go as fast as they do, I don’t mind paying $20 or so extra once the manbug is accounted for. Now if I only wanted the manbug in the first place, I’d be set. I guess I don’t have a knife in the steel, nor do I have any classes blades, so that’s two good reasons to keep it!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Joey wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:49 pm
After stalking multiple sites and having an order cancelled on me, I’ve found one on eBay coupled with a v-toku/sus410 manbug for $145 shipped. Seeing these go as fast as they do, I don’t mind paying $20 or so extra once the manbug is accounted for. Now if I only wanted the manbug in the first place, I’d be set. I guess I don’t have a knife in the steel, nor do I have any classes blades, so that’s two good reasons to keep it!
That's not too bad. And it's nice that you finally have one coming after having your order cancelled. :)
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
fixall

Post by fixall »

Joey wrote:
Definitely give the Manbug a chance! I didn't expect to fall in love with the Ladybug, but after getting one for my fiance and finding out how capable they are, I had to pick up a ZDP-189 version for myself. They are FANTASTIC little knives! I like to keep mine on my computer desk for opening envelopes and packages when I don't have a knife in my pocket (it's MY house and you can't make me wear pants!).
Oogie

Post by Oogie »

Also received mine yesterday from sneaking in a KnifeJoy order in time. While I thought I was also pretty darn quick to the hand-tools.com order, I never did get a shipping notification so I must have been on the backorder list there. Anyhow, I gave them a call today to cancel my order. A small step towards hoping those here with pending orders get fulfilled!
Alchemy1

Post by Alchemy1 »

Omahaknife.com. Looks like 7 left right now (10:15EST 9/18).
Joey

Post by Joey »

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:55 pm

That's not too bad. And it's nice that you finally have one coming after having your order cancelled. :)
Thanks! It was definitely relieving to have one ordered. They came and went so quickly, and that only made me want it more :P
fixall wrote:
Joey wrote:

Definitely give the Manbug a chance! I didn't expect to fall in love with the Ladybug, but after getting one for my fiance and finding out how capable they are, I had to pick up a ZDP-189 version for myself. They are FANTASTIC little knives! I like to keep mine on my computer desk for opening envelopes and packages when I don't have a knife in my pocket (it's MY house and you can't make me wear pants!).

Lol, I will surely see how I like it. I might force a patina on it as a test knife. Then I won’t feel so bad using it! I have had a Dragonfly 2 for a while now, and never thought I’d like it as much as I do. There is such a big blade in that tiny package.
DrawBackwards

Post by DrawBackwards »

Alchemy1 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:15 pm
Omahaknife.com. Looks like 7 left right now (10:15EST 9/18).
Cheers, man. I have been missing on this everywhere. Thanks for the heads’ up! :D
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Almost missed this one, looks like https://omahaknife.com still has three left.