Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Strider

Re: Spyderco Calypso Jr. Sprint Run Knife Gray (Aogami Super Blue)

Post by Strider »

Knives usually do not go up on the weekends, correct?
Strider

Post by Strider »

Deleted
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

The Meat man wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:07 pm
brumledb wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:02 pm
Oso grande knives put up a pre-order for them that just got posted today. I went ahead signed up there just in case I can’t catch one anywhere else.
Same here. I don't have too much faith in it though. But since I was considering getting a backup anyway (if I could) I figured why not.
I have nothing but good things to say about OSG. It’s a small shop, so he probably gets 10-20 of the sprints? I’m sure he will just count how many he has and go in order of preorders received.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
sandmage

Post by sandmage »

*sigh* just put in my pre-order with Osogrande and crossing my fingers. Anyone have any experience with them regarding these pre-orders from them?
Brackish

Post by Brackish »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:34 pm
Up for sale at Blade HQ!!!

...and apparently now out of stock at BHQ! :)
So, now I know not to trust their email me option at all. Got nothing from them, and I had it in my wishlist.
Spydiechef, Dragonfly Salt 2, Native 5 Salt, Native 5 Cruwear, and Q-ball (Newest Addition)
toocool006

Post by toocool006 »

Brackish wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:36 pm
So, now I know not to trust their email me option at all. Got nothing from them, and I had it in my wishlist.

FWIW, in my experience the automatic e-mail "notify me" option for not just BladeHQ, but most retailers, don't immediately send upon the item hitting inventory. I usually receive these emails anywhere from hours to days after the item has been put into the company's system. So I definitely wouldn't rely on them for a sprint run as hot as this one, or really sprint runs in general. It works fine for general release models that I'm interested in but not jonesing quite as hard for.
~andrew
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Brackish wrote:
I stopped using the email me option on all of the dealer sites. The only time it actually worked for me was with BHQ but the item was long gone once I checked the site. It might work ok for slower selling items but I wouldn't recommend it for something that's likely to sell out fast.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
sandmage

Post by sandmage »

Osogrande pre-order option gone. Here's hoping they didn't overshoot their numbers.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Wow. I blinked! *poof*
fixall

Post by fixall »

Brackish wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:

They sold out in about 30 seconds. No email notice in the world would have arrived fast enough. By the time you read it, they would have been sold out. The "Notify me" option only works with items that take a few days to sell out.
Brackish

Post by Brackish »

fixall wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:17 pm
Brackish wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:

They sold out in about 30 seconds. No email notice in the world would have arrived fast enough. By the time you read it, they would have been sold out. The "Notify me" option only works with items that take a few days to sell out.
Good to know! Thanks! That settles my whole wait for a cool sprint or exclusive I like or just buy a regular Para 2 argument I was having with myself. Don’t have the type of job where I can sit around all day waiting for a knife to become available.
Spydiechef, Dragonfly Salt 2, Native 5 Salt, Native 5 Cruwear, and Q-ball (Newest Addition)
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Good luck to those that want one. Been waiting so long for this knife but in a rough patch right now and will have to pass.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

fixall wrote:
Brackish wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:

Bots are taking over the knife world! Learn programming or be prepared to pay $500 per sprint!
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Brackish

Post by Brackish »

steelcity16 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:32 pm
fixall wrote:
Brackish wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:

Bots are taking over the knife world! Learn programming or be prepared to pay $500 per sprint!
That’s one of the reasons I would enjoy the option of a custom shop. I’d rather pay a little more to customize than pay out the nose for a combination I like, do without, or have to void a knife’s warranty to get the scales I want with a particular blade.
fixall

Post by fixall »

Brackish wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:24 pm
fixall wrote:
Brackish wrote:
Sharp Guy wrote:

Good to know! Thanks! That settles my whole wait for a cool sprint or exclusive I like or just buy a regular Para 2 argument I was having with myself. Don’t have the type of job where I can sit around all day waiting for a knife to become available.
It all just depends on the market for the individual sprint. I purchased the Delica Wharncliffe HAP40 sprint within seconds of them being posted because I was worried they would sell out quickly... Here we are two and a half months later and I was able to purchase a second Delica no problem online.

Distributor exclusives seem to slightly easier to come buy since they can be done in larger or multiple runs. I was able to buy the BHQ Jade/M4 Para 3 fifteen minutes after the release without an issue and I think they had them in stock for a day or so after I purchased.

Take a look at the Paramilitary 2 exclusive coming out from DLT Trading here soon. 20CV steel with a nice tan (or maybe grey, I'm red-green deficient) G10 handle. Should be easier to get a hold of.
biZ

Post by biZ »

In-stock at DLT with some other goodies.

Edit: All gone.
Last edited by biZ on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

biZ wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:17 pm
Gone.
Strider

Post by Strider »

biZ wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:17 pm
Thanks!
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

These are selling out as fast as the REX 45 Para 2’s and 3’s
Strider

Post by Strider »

I think it simply comes down to being unlaminated super blue for 77.