Paramilitary 2 Aftermarket Scales Experiences?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spyderman91

Paramilitary 2 Aftermarket Scales Experiences?

Post by Spyderman91 »

Hello,

So I've been doing some internet shopping for almost 2 months now, and haven noticed a variety of aftermarket pm2 scales.

This one in particular has my attention: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Param ... SwGShajhoz

I'm just curious has anyone else taken apart their pm2 to put on aftermarket scales.

This particular section of the warranty gives me second thoughts : "Spyderco’s warranty only applies to original, unaltered Spyderco components. Aftermarket parts and accessories added to your knife are not covered by our warranty, nor are Spyderco components that have been altered or modified in any way. If, in Spyderco’s sole determination, the installation of an aftermarket part or the modification of an original Spyderco factory part compromised the proper mechanical function of the knife in any way, the knife is no longer covered by warranty".

However, I still want to customize my knife and truly make it unique.
Johnnie1801

Re: Paramilitary 2 Aftermarket Scales Experiences?

Post by Johnnie1801 »

So long as you're careful you shouldn't have any worries about installing new scales. The only "issue" you might have is getting the lanyard tube out. I'd recommend a good set of torx drivers so you don't strip any screws. I follow bladeswelove on instagram and he does some nice mods at the moment, he seems like a nice guy and I'm sure if you don't fancy installing the scales yourself you can contact him and send in your knife and he'll do it for you.
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Ditto on the lanyard tube. It's a pain in the butt to get out. :mad:
"No matter where you go, there you are"
PStone

Post by PStone »

Johnnie1801 wrote: So long as you're careful you shouldn't have any worries about installing new scales. The only "issue" you might have is getting the lanyard tube out. I'd recommend a good set of torx drivers so you don't strip any screws. I follow bladeswelove on instagram and he does some nice mods at the moment, he seems like a nice guy and I'm sure if you don't fancy installing the scales yourself you can contact him and send in your knife and he'll do it for you.
I purchased a para3 with titanium scales (edit: and a blue glow backspacer) done by bladeswelove thru ebay. He does great work! I no longer have it, but it was very nice nonetheless.
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

I saw a post on ebay for some Para 3's that had been swapped from BBS blue to a serrated edge. Guy said he sent the Para's back to Spyderco to have this done. Not wanting to highjack the thread but is this something Spyderco does for customers? This might be something you should consider hence i would send them my "babies" and let them swap em.
PStone

Post by PStone »

I was going to buy that lot!!!! He ended it early! Not sure if they werent selling for what he wanted, or he got a cash offer.

I would like to know if spyderco really does do scale swaps for customers though.