KnifeCenter Exclusive CPM-Cruwear Paramilitary 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rivy

Re: KnifeCenter Exclusive CPM-Cruwear Paramilitary 2

Post by rivy »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:13 am
I'm surprised these are still around too. Been loving mine. Half expecting knifecenter to order these in pakkawood.
Well that would be awesome. I'd be in for one for sure.
ferider

Post by ferider »

KC just put a CPM CW PM2 for me in the mail ... still in stock, get them while you can.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:13 am
I'm surprised these are still around too. Been loving mine. Half expecting knifecenter to order these in pakkawood.
If pakkawood made it over to Golden that would be awesome. K390? :D
skybladefromthe

Post by skybladefromthe »

I think KC sold out. I can't find them on their site anymore. Says discontinued. Got mine a few weeks ago. I had to work on it though. It had months to break in lock stick. I did a bit work on the lock bar and I smoothed some of the edges of the "smooth" scales. It's a serious snap to deploy. No more stick either. The blade's grind is amazing! Recently I bought some blurple scales so I think I'll swap for a while. Yes for sure I would way more want a grey but I am a liker of blurple.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP81GP ... -exclusive
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

I was really happy to get in on this after missing out on all the Cruwear sprints last year. Has anyone tried sanding the scales to a coarser, rather than smoother finish?
rgrad80

Post by rgrad80 »

BIGSTRETCH wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:26 pm
I was really happy to get in on this after missing out on all the Cruwear sprints last year. Has anyone tried sanding the scales to a coarser, rather than smoother finish?
I’ve seen a few examples on the scales sanded down and they look great. Search for smooth cf scales and will come up.
Days without buying a Spyderco: 35

You always have a choice.
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

rgrad80 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:35 pm
BIGSTRETCH wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:26 pm
I’ve seen a few examples on the scales sanded down and they look great. Search for smooth cf scales and will come up.
Has anyone tried to rough up the finish to create a more coarse texture though?
Joey

Post by Joey »

That would be very interesting to make it coarse. I really like the smooth finish, personally. It’s a very welcomed feel in comparison to all of the textured G10 and FRN/FRCP most knives come with. I especially like how I don’t have to worry about losing the new knife feel. It gets far more carry time than my other knives for that reason.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

I'd be more interested in a coarser finish as well, possibly similar to what 40 grit sandpaper would do. I'm almost tempted to try it.... 2 directions, perpendicular, essentially making an "X" on each scale, and then very lightly hitting it with 2000-3000 grit to take the bite off any existing g10 spikes.

I bought normal spyderco g10 scales for my cruwear pm2, but I still own the smooth g10 scales which are mated to an m4 blade.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

Pelagic wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:05 am
I'd be more interested in a coarser finish as well, possibly similar to what 40 grit sandpaper would do. I'm almost tempted to try it.... 2 directions, perpendicular, essentially making an "X" on each scale, and then very lightly hitting it with 2000-3000 grit to take the bite off any existing g10 spikes.

I bought normal spyderco g10 scales for my cruwear pm2, but I still own the smooth g10 scales which are mated to an m4 blade.
I'd love to see how that turns out if you decide to try it! From checking out some other threads, it sounds like it is a good idea to do it outdoors and with a respirator or else under running water.
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

BIGSTRETCH wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:54 am
Pelagic wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:05 am

I'd love to see how that turns out if you decide to try it! From checking out some other threads, it sounds like it is a good idea to do it outdoors and with a respirator or else under running water.
I've had this in the back of my mind since I bought mine. I'm just too afraid to try it for fear of wrecking the scales! I'd be curious to know how it turns out if you try it though :D
blues

Post by blues »

I guess you could always put some adhesive backed skateboard tape on them. (Just kidding...)

I don't have the guts to mess mine up so I'll probably leave them as they are unless a foolproof method is offered.
- Retired from the chase -
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

Has anyone noticed the difference in the way the plunge line is ground between this run and the grey G10? Here's a comparison shot. Smooth G10 model is mine. Grey G10 pic borrowed from forum member Tabo.

I really like the change. It feels smoother on the thumb when opening, and I think it looks better.

Last edited by ejames13 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ejames13

Post by ejames13 »

Double tap.
attila

Post by attila »

I haven't had an older plunge style, but, to me at least, it is more aesthetically pleasing than the newer plunge style.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Interesting. I have had a few PM2s were that edge on the hole was uncomfortably sharp. I hadn't noticed this, but looking back it is a pretty noticeable change on all the new ones.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

ejames13 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:12 am
Has anyone noticed the difference in the way the plunge line is ground between this run and the grey G10? Here's a comparison shot. Smooth G10 model is mine. Grey G10 pic borrowed from forum member Tabo.

I really like the change. It feels smoother on the thumb when opening, and I think it looks better.
Yes, the change in the plunge grind has been mentioned a couple times. I don't know for sure but it seemed like they made the change right after the Grey Cruwear sprint run. Personally, I think the angled plunge grind looks nicer. I can't say I've ever noticed a difference in feel between the old and new. I'll have to check it out later when I get home.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

ejames13 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:12 am

I think the gray scales that came on the older cruwear models (as well as the gray that came on the Maxamet models) are perfect. Gray just comes off as a hard use color to me, which suits the capabilities of cruwear.

I love the gray, the red (m390 sprint) and bright blue (also m390 sprint) quite a bit. Not a big fan of the smooth g10.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
VA.koi guy

Post by VA.koi guy »

New plunge line=CQI
love that Cruwear!
Need more. (Hint hint)
anycal

Post by anycal »

Same with the PM2 M390 releases. BBS had the old line, DLT was like the new one.
Peter