KnifeCenter Exclusive CPM-Cruwear Paramilitary 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spyderman91

Re: KnifeCenter Exclusive CPM-Cruwear Paramilitary 2

Post by Spyderman91 »

Honestly... I am surprised it is still in stock because the Bladehq DLC M4 PM2 sold out well within 3 to 4 hours.
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

^Blade HQ does a fair amount of advertising for their exclusive jade G10 knives. I think that's why they sell out very fast.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

I pulled the trigger. First time with CruWear, first ever pm2, first time with smooth G10. Looking forward to it!
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
timlara

Post by timlara »

Very surprised this hasn't sold out yet. I agree w/ Bdubs, it seems like BHQ must do a lot more advertising or something because their exclusives do seem to always go the fastest.

Personally, the G10 on this model is more appealing to me than the Jade. Too bad I'm broke! :(
Tim
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

If this was the Para 3 , I would have bought it. I just find myself carrying that version way more now than the Paramilitary.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Just ordered mine. I had completely forgotten about this one as it is honestly not very exciting. I was about tobget the Bradley 2. But I saw this and I have never tried CW before and I absolutely love the smooth g10 on my Manix2 Lockback. Also, another pm2 could never hurt.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
jacala

Post by jacala »

I can take it or leave it re the KC Exclusive CPM-Cruwear Para 2.
I'm sweating on the Native 5 Salt with LC200N Satin Plain Blade,Yellow FRN Handles.
attila

Post by attila »

jacala wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:43 am
I'm sweating on the Native 5 Salt with LC200N Satin Plain Blade,Yellow FRN Handles.
Gross! :p ;) :D

Seriously, though, that's gonna be one heck of a knife! I recently got my first Native since 2009, and I'm considering getting more in a much more timely fashion! An M4 or lightweight version will likely be next for me.
Have: old S30V Native, HAP40 Endura, ZDP DF2, S110V Manix LW, Cru-wear Para 3, SE H1 DF2, S90V Native 5, K390 Urban, SE Pac Salt, P.I.T.S., XHP Manix LW, SB Caly 3, B70P, PMA11, K03, Kapara, REX 45 Military, 154CM Manix LW, Swick, AEB-L Urban, KC Cruwear Manix, M390 PM2, Mantra 2, CruCarta Shaman, M390 Manix, K390 Police 4, S90V Manix LW, Rex 45 Manix LW, 20CV Manix, Rex 45 Lil’Native, Shaman, C208GP, Cruwear Manix, Cruwear Manix, M4 Chief, Z-max!!!

Want: SPY27, K490, Swick 5
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

attila wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:36 am
jacala wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 2:43 am
Gross! :p ;) :D

Seriously, though, that's gonna be one heck of a knife! I recently got my first Native since 2009, and I'm considering getting more in a much more timely fashion! An M4 or lightweight version will likely be next for me.

M4 native on sale 6-22 At blade hq
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
jacala

Post by jacala »

A Native 5 in M4 !!!!! Count me in for that too.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I bumped the other thread so this one doesn't get derailed.
Adam
EngDevGr3

Post by EngDevGr3 »

I am really looking forward to trying this out tomorrow. CPM Cru-Wear was my " gateway steel " in my fixed blades. I was so impressed with its performance I started searching for more steel fixes, and I came across Spyderco. I purchased some Maxamet, 10v, m390, m4, s90v, s110v and so on. So now I am finally coming full circle back to Cru Wear, and giving it a go in a folder.
PStone

Post by PStone »

Wow! What a great way to start the week. It’s nice being first on the mail route :cool:

I absolutely love these scales. I’d say even nicer than the smooth green native I have. Sharp as a whip too. I even used a promo with the preorder to get a nice little pocket stone. Life is good :spyder:
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

EngDevGr3 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 12:40 pm
I am really looking forward to trying this out tomorrow. CPM Cru-Wear was my " gateway steel " in my fixed blades. I was so impressed with its performance I started searching for more steel fixes, and I came across Spyderco. I purchased some Maxamet, 10v, m390, m4, s90v, s110v and so on. So now I am finally coming full circle back to Cru Wear, and giving it a go in a folder.
You'll love it. It's one **** of a nice steel. I have both the pm2 and para 3 cruwear sprints, alongside a vast range of steels (vg10 to S110V), but cruwear is my absolute favorite.

Funny thing that happened to me on the day I got my cruwear para 3: I took it out of the box, tried to spydieflick it open, but the detent was way stronger than normal. Flicked the **** Knive 2 meters away right onto my stone driveway. Surprisingly the edge only had a small but very visible chip in it, but I shudder at the thought of getting it out again having my experiences with M4/s90v/S110V in mind.

Imagine my surprise when only 10 minutes later on a sharpmaker no less got rid of it completely and gave me time to spare to set my own microbevel up to uf stones.

Cruwear is an absolutely amazingly balanced steel and takes my preference hands down along with m390 in edc tasks.

Shipping this one to me in the Netherlands is a bit more pricey but with shipping costs and import tax included still only costs marginally more then a run of the mill s30v pm2 so I had to jump on at this chance.

To the above poster: Wow! That looks way fancier than I imagined. I'd love to see some more pictures. Mine won't arrive until next Thursday, in all likelihood.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Honestly, half the fun of sprints/exclusives for 90% of the people are what the knife looks like. There has been 6+ PM2s that look exactly like this. (Black G10/Satin blade)....It's not....exciting to most...Now...us forumites and steel junkies may think differently. But we are on a forum talking about a knife...so...we are not the usual, lol.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Mine ships today!

Now the long, torturous wait until friday lol
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
basedlarrydavid

Post by basedlarrydavid »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 1:29 am
Honestly... I am surprised it is still in stock because the Bladehq DLC M4 PM2 sold out well within 3 to 4 hours.

Granted, I haven't held this in hand, but it doesn't do much for me. I'm not saying it isn't a great knife, but below is my reasoning to not pick one up:

One of the reasons I love Millies, PM2s, and Para 3s is the peel-ply G10. It has a perfect feel, IMO. The smooth G10 doesn't sound appealing to me, but again, I haven't held it in hand. I sold my only Benchmade in G10 because it simply felt too slippery. If my hands ever got sweaty? Bad news.

Second, I'm also into collecting because of aesthetics and colors. If I wanted a plain black PM2, I could get one for about $100 -- WITH peel-ply G10.

Third, its Cruwear, which is a GREAT steel. That said, I already have a Cruwear Millie and Para 3. Still looking for the grey PM2 in Cruwear. If I can find one new for around $225, its a wrap.
More K390 and 10V, please.

Instagram: @ohioapexing
PStone

Post by PStone »

dodgie02 wrote:
To the above poster: Wow! That looks way fancier than I imagined. I'd love to see some more pictures. Mine won't arrive until next Thursday, in all likelihood.
Hard to do the scales justice with my phone. But they are very nice. The g10 has a nice weave pattern, and appears almost like carbon fiber. Like you said, way fancier than I expected :)

Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

I just got mine and I must say the scales are far more smooth than I anticipated. It looks classy as **** but I'm not sure it gives the grip for rough use that cruwear can handle.

A scale swap or aftermarket scales may be needed. Maybe the jade that are currently paired with a combo edge 52100 blade.

Never mind, the feeling grew on me and I plan to keep it as is. This one should be easier on the pockets.
Last edited by Sjucaveman on Mon May 21, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adam
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Great pic DirtMcGirt! Thank you!