BladeHQ Exclusive Native 5 Jade G10 CPM-M4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RickC27

Re: BladeHQ Exclusive Native 5 Jade G10 CPM-M4

Post by RickC27 »

I've never seen one of these natural G10 handle scales in person. On the BHQ website, I always thought both the Manix 2 and PM2 with the DLC looked awesome with those natural scales. Do they not look at that good in person, or is it just a color that people tend not to like?
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Has anyone tried to dye jade scales black? Would the finished product be almost a smoke grey or totally black?
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:16 pm
Has anyone tried to dye jade scales black? Would the finished product be almost a smoke grey or totally black?
Never tried it, but I bet you could get them dark black. If it's not dark enough just dye it twice right?
RickC27 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 2:15 pm
.... Do they not look at that good in person, or is it just a color that people tend not to like?
I think they look awesome in person. It's one of those love it or hate it colors though. (like the s110v blurple scales)
Last edited by ZrowsN1s on Wed May 23, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I like the scales, especially in the right lighting. Did I mention being excited about this one? :o :D

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Nice collage of pics Darby, thanks. Definitely changes in different lighting, which I think is pretty cool. Also, nice choice of whiskey. Very underrated, at least in my area.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

The natural G10 scales look like they should be glow-in-the-dark 'cept they're not.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
mb1

Post by mb1 »

I’m pretty sure that whiskey glass is some sort of trap.
- Mark

"Don't believe everything you think." -anonymous wise man
Foolish Mortal

Post by Foolish Mortal »

Well, the shipping label was printed yesterday afternoon, but USPS doesn't show it being accepted yet. Hopefully, it will get to us by Saturday, otherwise, we're waiting until Tuesday at the earliest with the holiday.

My experiences with the USPS are that one doesn't want their stuff in the USPS gorilla enclosure any longer than absolutely necessary. :eek:

I'm the worst when it comes to watching the tracker, lol!
Captain Howdy

Post by Captain Howdy »

Same here. Shipping label was printed but usps still waiting for the package. Probably won’t see it till early next week at best.
Foolish Mortal

Post by Foolish Mortal »

Captain Howdy wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:45 pm
Same here. Shipping label was printed but usps still waiting for the package. Probably won’t see it till early next week at best.

I really get irritated when vendors send "Your order is on its way!" emails when it actually isn't. This is my first order from BladeHQ, after numerous from other authorized Spyderco dealers. 2 days at most, and it's in my hands. I even got a couple the day after I ordered. I suppose that I'm spoiled! :p

I really must learn to subdue my passions (and lower my expectations in some cases). :D
jacala

Post by jacala »

Been there done that. At least you don't have to wait 2 1/2 to 3 weeks like I have to.
Aust Customs are a law unto themselves. Bit like the German Nazi SS .
Foolish Mortal

Post by Foolish Mortal »

jacala wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 1:38 am
Been there done that. At least you don't have to wait 2 1/2 to 3 weeks like I have to.
Aust Customs are a law unto themselves. Bit like the German Nazi SS .
That certainly puts it into perspective!
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

For those concerned about the color and not liking the natural G10 here’s my PM2 I Rit Dyed orange-ish.

I like it.
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

aquaman67 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 11:09 am
For those concerned about the color and not liking the natural G10 here’s my PM2 I Rit Dyed orange-ish.

I like it.
Yes. That's what I don't understand about the complaints. They're giving you a blank canvas to make it exactly the way you want it. ???
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

aquaman67 wrote:

I like it.
You just had to post that! Lol!

Looks great! Kind of like sunrise red.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

This one is shipping slower than usual. Most of the time if I order from BHQ on a Tuesday it shows up by Thursday. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, otherwise it'll sit at the post office until Tuesday. They should have thought out their release date a little better with the holiday coming up, no one likes their knife sitting in the post office. A minor annoyance, but an annoyance still, I'm sure I'll forget all about it when my package arrives :D

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
aquaman67

Post by aquaman67 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 2:35 pm
This one is shipping slower than usual. Most of the time if I order from BHQ on a Tuesday it shows up by Thursday. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, otherwise it'll sit at the post office until Tuesday. They should have thought out their release date a little better with the holiday coming up, no one likes their knife sitting in the post office. A minor annoyance, but an annoyance still, I'm sure I'll forget all about it when my package arrives :D
You don't get mail on Saturday?

I'll bet they waited until they had a bunch of orders for these and sent them out in one big batch.

It's not like a single order where the knife gets pulled from inventory and shipped the same day.

I'm sure they waited until Wednesday or even Thursday before the big batch orders went out.

I could be wrong.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

My tracking says it will arrive on Saturday. Should be in my mailbox when I get home from the beerfest. :D
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Soup

Post by Soup »

aquaman67 wrote:

I like it.
looks very nice, but that clip is on the wrong side...
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

My tracking says Tuesday. I hope they are mistaken (they do show up earlier than estimated occasionally).