Anybody Else Have This Issue?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ThePeacent

Re: Anybody Else Have This Issue?

Post by ThePeacent »

patched pockets (stitched over the seams) for me or pants with reinforced seams (5.11 mostly) have saved my pockets from that
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

My pocket clips be like, nom nom nom nom

Delicious pockets ;)
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Ya, all my pockets are wrecked. Comes with the territory. You can use looser clips... but then your knife falls out of your pocket. I got holes in pockets from carrying in pocket too.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:59 am
Jazz wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:55 am

The patch idea is brilliant, bro. I also use Dickies at work, and they've never worn out. My Delica Wharnie is in and out a ton, too.

Yeah it works great too for preventing this kind of wear if you put it on a pocket that isn't already wore out. It can be done well enough that it doesn't look stupid.
Getting out ahead of wear is a great policy. My mom used to patch my new jeans’ knees on the inside before I ever wore them.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Evil D wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:44 am
Strangely enough my work uniform pants never have this issue, they're basically Dickies. I've had good luck with folding an iron on patch over the lip of the pocket.
Hey I like that idea of a patch of some type to be sewed over the lip of the pocket>> just makes good sense for pocket clips on your EDC. Not sure if the wire clips would totally remedy that problem. I've found that some brands of jeans and bib overalls endure the pocket clips better than other brands for some strange reason. On my two pairs of Carhartt jeans I've not yet had that problem :confused:

Also the two brands of bib overalls I find that endure pocket clips better are USA made ROUND HOUSE and the Carhartt brand both seem to endure better. I've just gotten some new work clothes made by "BLAKLADER" and they seem like they are made of extremely tough material>> I'll keep you all posted on that one.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

ALL my Levi’s look exactly like that (many far worse!)! :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Oh I've had "Military butt" on a few pairs of jeans too lol
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I own a loft full of industrial sewing machines, so I just modified my pants to accommodate my pocket clips and reduce the wear. A simple piece of folded over 1000d cordura will stop that wear almost completely (and is easily replaced if it starts to wear through, before the pants themselves take any damage).
redhawk44357

Post by redhawk44357 »

xceptnl wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Used to have this problem alot in rear pockets. Since then I use the lower leg / carpenter pocket and have seen much fewer issues.
Blisters on you butt?.... ;) :p
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

My work pants wear out in other places long before the knife can ruin the pocket, lol. I think i rotate pants/shorts frequently enough to avoid this issue on my time off as well. No issues.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Jeans, yes. Thinner synthetic summer pants or 5.11s, no. Have to watch the thin, slicker pants when carrying wire clips though. I lost two Dragonflies because of the reduced friction of the material.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation