Hello, My thanks, and a question.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Big Drew

Hello, My thanks, and a question.

Post by Big Drew »

Hello Everyone,

First time posting and not just being a spectator so id like to say hello and hows it going to all on the forums. I just wanted to give a big thank you to Sal and the team at Spyderco for making, and continuing to support the budget market in there "value line" of knives, and other lower end options. Personally, I'm someone who can only gravitate towards the lower end market right now due to personal issues, and life in general so cost is more important to me then most when choosing a knife. My first Spyderco i ever bough was the leaf shaped UKPK in CTS-BD1 and it blew out of the water my other knives in better steels( Mainly D2 though it could be bad quality I'm not sure). The grind, sharpness, ergos and quality at 50 dollars was a welcomed relief. I'm not a metal snob or even an knife enthusiast, i just appreciate a well made tool. I will be buying more in the future particularly looking at the Alcyone.

Lastly, Ive always loved the design and shape of a Persian blade. Ive seen Spydercos higher end options and while they look amazing are out of my price range, and i assume others in my category though i could be wrong. Are there any plains in the future to make a delica with a Persian blade or even a budget knife with one? Thanks again for all you've done, and i look forward to the company's new designs in the future.
ZrowsN1s

Re: Hello, My thanks, and a question.

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Big Drew wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 pm
Hello Everyone....
Welcome to the Forum Big Drew! :spyder:
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, Big Drew:
Thank you, for your kind words and welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your time with us!

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
setldown

Post by setldown »

Welcome to the forum Big Drew....enjoy your stay.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Welcome to the forums, :)
and from one Persian style blade fan to another, it's really hard to find these shapes in the budget range unless you look into Chinese companies, :o

there's the Emerson Kwaiken, Boker Kwaiken, BM Bedlam, Spyderco (a few), Paragon Asherville, Kizer (some of them), CRKT Persian...but nothing built with the quality and value of Spyderco's budget line. :cool:

I don't think it'd be a bad idea for a new model :spyder:
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

I recently picked up a Persian 2 (small version). It's a great knife and really well built. :)
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

Welcome to the community!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Big Drew,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
sv4

Post by sv4 »

I too became the proud owner of a Persian 2 recently. The handle fits into the hand very nicely, and ergonomics are great. I like the upswept shape of the blade too.