Native 5 Salt G10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sumdumguy

Native 5 Salt G10

Post by Sumdumguy »

I'm sitting here looking at the Native 5 Salt lightweight, wishing for the exact knife but in full lined, g10 goodness.

Total lc200n construction, like the Caribbean.

Please Sal? Make it happen oh wise one, I will give you all of my pennies!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Sharp Guy

Re: Native 5 Salt G10

Post by Sharp Guy »

It never hurts to ask but, seeing as they just announced that they're going linerless with the G10 versions, I wouldn't count on seeing a new version with liners.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I’d like to see a salt g10 version without liners. Sign me up!
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

They can't take away the lined version can they?! Some of us require a knife that is as stout as possible.
The abuses my knives go through will destroy a linerless knive in days. I tried out an Endura once, it endured 2 days before the handle cracked(exploded?) I switched to a fixed blade, but it was too cumbersome. Finally, I bought a PM2 and have been using those exclusively for the past few years. It is now time to retire the old mule and try out a new blade shape.

I beg of you, don't take the liners away!

#FULLLINERSMATTER
Don't make me call Al SHARPton!
"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

-Thomas Jefferson
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

From what I've heard (read) they're already shipping the linerless G10 S30V base version. Good news for you is they're still going to make the blurple S110V knife with liners. It's not a Salt knife but S110V is pretty stainless and should serve you well.

https://mailchi.mp/spyderco/spyderco-byte-march-2018
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Yea, that's the one im looking at. I'm currently using an s110v PM2, I've been more than satisfied with it. I just want me some lc200n!

-Thomas Jefferson
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:58 pm
I'm sitting here looking at the Native 5 Salt lightweight, wishing for the exact knife but in full lined, g10 goodness.

Total lc200n construction, like the Caribbean.

Please Sal? Make it happen oh wise one, I will give you all of my pennies!
Ditto, that would be the ultimate for me. If there was one knife I could have Spyderco make it would be a full salt version of a fully lined G10 Native 5. I'd love it in translucent dayglow yellow G10 with black/dlc coated liners, hardware, and blades. I LOVE the look of the black against the Jade G10 from BHQ, and I think it would look awesome against the translucent yellow as well. I'd be happy with H1 or LC200N or both. Serrated H1 for sure. Either one in PE.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Liquid Cobra wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:09 pm
I’d like to see a salt g10 version without liners. Sign me up!
A big +1 to that :D
Linerless yellow G-10, Black hardware, PE DLC LC200N, sold.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

I don't personally like the black hardware. Just make the liners and hardware plain lc200n like the blade.
Other than that, perfect.

-Thomas Jefferson
Nord

Post by Nord »

Please no on the full liners. That is where corrosion is most likely to happen, water getting trapped behind liners. And if lc200n is used in the liners as well then at the very least it is one more place to attract gunk.

I have grown to hate liners in general. If G10 or FRN is of sufficient thickness/proper design then there is no need for liners, they add nothing except more expense/complication/dirt attraction. They are not adding the strength people think they add.
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

Nord wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:43 am
Please no on the full liners. That is where corrosion is most likely to happen, water getting trapped behind liners. And if lc200n is used in the liners as well then at the very least it is one more place to attract gunk.

I have grown to hate liners in general. If G10 or FRN is of sufficient thickness/proper design then there is no need for liners, they add nothing except more expense/complication/dirt attraction. They are not adding the strength people think they add.
+1 to all that :spyder:
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Sumdumguy, Nord,

Welcome to our forum. The question of liners or no liners is always challenging. Difficult, if not impossible to please all.

sal
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

sal wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:07 pm
Hi Sumdumguy, Nord,

Welcome to our forum. The question of liners or no liners is always challenging. Difficult, if not impossible to please all.

sal
Go for the one you feel is best and let the haters hate. After all your knowledge is worth more than ours combined :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Sumdumguy

Post by Sumdumguy »

Just make them all!!! :D

-Thomas Jefferson
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

Sumdumguy wrote: They can't take away the lined version can they?! Some of us require a knife that is as stout as possible.
The abuses my knives go through will destroy a linerless knive in days. I tried out an Endura once, it endured 2 days before the handle cracked(exploded?) I switched to a fixed blade, but it was too cumbersome. Finally, I bought a PM2 and have been using those exclusively for the past few years. It is now time to retire the old mule and try out a new blade shape.

I beg of you, don't take the liners away!

#FULLLINERSMATTER
Don't make me call Al SHARPton!
There's always the new Shaman if you must have full liners. Doesn't the G10 Manix 2 also still have full liners?
Nord wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:43 am
Please no on the full liners. That is where corrosion is most likely to happen, water getting trapped behind liners.
+1 That's what got my Cat and Chaparral four years ago.
Sumdumguy wrote: Yea, that's the one im looking at. I'm currently using an s110v PM2, I've been more than satisfied with it. I just want me some lc200n!
Can the blades on the G10 and FRN Natives be swapped? If so, you couldn't you make a franken knife out of the two models you want? LC200N blade in the lined G10 handles; coat the liners in Eezox or a similar lubricant, dye the G10 scales - if going blurple to yellow is possible. Certainly you could sell off the S110V blade and yellow FRN handles.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:52 pm
Just make them all!!! :D
The voice of reason! :P
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

What is the street date for the Native 5 Salt? Do we know anything yet? Even a guess at a month?
jacala

Post by jacala »

Sometime in June.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

jacala wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:31 am
Sometime in June.
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :( so far away :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Bayoubulldog

Post by Bayoubulldog »

I was searching for a spyderco Native Salt today and I see they make one, but it only seems to come in the yellow variant.

I would Love to see a blacked out native salt in LC200N! Serrated... I'd have one on me right now if it existed!

I think the Native is one of the best functioning knives I've found. Good size and shape. Just help me out with the knife I need for my fishing trips and edc in humid South Louisiana! 😉