Returned my BladeHQ PM2 DLC M4

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Spyderman91

Returned my BladeHQ PM2 DLC M4

Post by Spyderman91 »

To be honest, this knife out of the box was a disappointment (especially compared to when I bought my first black / digi camo pm2).

The action was rough, the blade itself had small but noticeable blemishes in the light, I did what I could to remedy the action within the confines of

warranty. I was about to keep it, then when looking it over I noticed a small chip in the blade. It was small and probably could of been looked over with

less keen eyes..

However, this knife is brand new in box, I purposely restrained myself from using it to maintain the maximum value. I attempted to

sell on Craigslist at 180 firm. I got a ton of bullshit offers, the most pitiful being a 16gb Ipad generation 2 trade (90 dollar value or less on ebay). So

with all the trouble, and anxiety that my collector piece is defective I sent it back. I plan to use the money to buy another pm2 or similar compression

/ Golden Colorado Spyderco that I will actually use.

Has this happened to anyone else where the sprint run did not live up to expectations, searching online I appear to be the only one

who had this issue with a defective unit of an already established model.
Spyderman91

Re: Returned my BladeHQ PM2 DLC M4

Post by Spyderman91 »

Off she goes, waiting on the refund. Thinking of going with either the bentobox para 3, the sv100 pm2 or going to my local store and see how much I can get raked for a Spydiechef... suggestions?
Attachments
20180403_185016.jpg
bouhunter

Post by bouhunter »

Not an existing model, but the Baby Jess Horn sprint I got a few months ago was the worst quality I've ever seen in a Spyderco. Well thankfully the only poor Spyderco I've seen. :)

Gritty, stiff, lock release incredibly difficult. My Byrd Robin is of vastly better quality for one fourth the cost. Returned immediately.
Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

I would suggest in your case with such keen eyes,I would go to local dealer and get raked. You can then pick the knife you find best.
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Spyderman91 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:47 pm
Off she goes, waiting on the refund. Thinking of going with either the bentobox para 3, the sv100 pm2 or going to my local store and see how much I can get raked for a Spydiechef... suggestions?
Remember bbs doesn't allow returns. Since you have a keen eye to catch flaws you may want to look elsewhere or you'll be sending it to the mothership if you find something that bothers you.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam