Any new Millitaries coming down the pike in 2018?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
glutofknives

Re: Any new Millitaries coming down the pike in 2018?

Post by glutofknives »

I’m so ready for a maxamet military as well. Some orange g-10 would be great too
KingRat

Post by KingRat »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

I want one in CPM 10V. Preferably with navy blue scales.

Not sure how I'll get it into Canada, but I want one.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I'm nearly certain we will see a BHQ DLC M4 drop eventually. If BHQ and Spyderco intend to keep up their current pace, it would be sooner than later.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Orange scales and LC200N with corrosion resistant hardware. I need this for sailing :D
qwkzotc

Post by qwkzotc »

+1 for Maxamet
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

NoFair wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:29 am
Orange scales and LC200N with corrosion resistant hardware. I need this for sailing :D
I'm hoping with the Native Salt coming that it's a sign of more Golden made knives getting the Salt treatment. The Salt knives are cool in their own right but I bet a Military Salt would sell extremely well since it's an already popular and established model.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

In case you missed the 2016 52100 Military Sprint Run, this vendor still has some for sale:

http://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco- ... er-handle/
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

National knives is great, he usually includes a microfiber towel as well.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
joeldworkin307

Post by joeldworkin307 »

I'm definitely on the bandwagon for an RWL34 or CPM154 Military. A good stainless with higher wear resistance and ease of sharpening would be killer. Much better for hard use than S30V.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

I have some of the top stainless versions and don't need another. I personally have no interest in CPM154 or RWL34 because I see no benefit over the stainless versions that are available. I don't work in salt water conditions and don't have corrosion issues with M4 or Cruwear, my current favorite Mili's. I have the 52100/CF version and don't carry it as much because M4 and Cruwear hold a better edge for me. I am in the category of use more, sharpen less :), which is also why I like S90V (and probably would like 110V if I wanted another stainless one). I second the request for 10V or k390, but would even pick up a spare Cruwear if re-released, because for me that has the best balance between edge-holding, toughness, and fast and easy sharpening (dbh has that one dead on in his review of steels).
jdw

Post by jdw »

farnorthdan wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:32 am
RickC27 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:37 am
basedlarrydavid wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:29 am
52100, M4, Maxamet... I'm seeing a LOT of non-stainless steels on here.

Does corrosion not concern you all? Honest question, still learning here!
I'm guessing there's a lot of steel junkies out there that just want the top of the line stuff to say they have it and to show it off. Some may never actually use the knife, some may use it sparingly because of the fear of not being able to sharpen these new super steels. Of course there are many who actually use their knives as well and want an edge that doesn't need to be touched up after every job or days work. The reasons probably fall within one of those categories. I'd like to think if they are spending that kind of money on a knife, that they wouldn't allow it to be used it wet conditions, or would make sure to clean it up quickly after use.
Here's my 52100, it gets carried a ton, love thus steel, so easy to sharpen/gets wicked sharp and seems to hold it a long time.
I have sold most of my Militaries exceptfor my 52100. I love the steel and agree completely about the edge. I live in a fairly dry place so corrosion resistance hasn't been a real problem for me but it develops a natural patina really fast without having to force one and then just some light maintenance before you put it away and I have never developed any "bad" rust.
Do right always. It will give you satisfaction in life.
--Wovoka
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

Maxamet Military would be nice and I am interested
Spyderco had some issues grinding Maxamet PM2 and now seems to be on hold, they are still evaluating
Military is a longer blade and I presume more difficult to grind in Maxamet, so probably more of this "still evaluating"
Otherwise, a M390 run that is not dealer exclusive will certainly be most welcome, as well a M4 run that is not dealer exclusive and is not translucent
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

S125V I understood they only made three and it took them a whole day so we might not see these soon, I wonder if they made them on order how much people would be willing to pay for one :D
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I wonder what are the chances to see a Millie in K390 :eek: Are they using Bohler steels in Golden ?
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Gsg9 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:57 am

Otherwise, a M390 run that is not dealer exclusive will certainly be most welcome, as well a M4 run that is not dealer exclusive and is not translucent
Oh yes!!! I'm still blown away with my M390 Military model and I look for it to be my main EDC at least for the foreseeable future anyway. Yeah I would sure love another C-36 Military model with M390 with maybe a CF or Titanium handle.

The other Brother mentioned CPM S10V which is another idea I really like. It seems like they use that steel on a lot of fixed blades but I would love the idea of an S10V in a C-36 Military folder. I love having the M390 Military as an EDC but if something considerably better comes along I will be more than glad to test drive it.
dreadpirate

Post by dreadpirate »

No, no, no, no more. I already bought 3 millies this year alone.