Spyderco Native 5 Damascus Under The Microscope

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ThinBlueLine

Spyderco Native 5 Damascus Under The Microscope

Postby ThinBlueLine » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:57 am

See the Spyderco Native 5, 40 year anniversary sprint run knife from my collection under a microscope.

Nil Volentibus Arduum

sal

Re: Spyderco Native 5 Damascus Under The Microscope

Postby sal » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:43 am

Hi ThinBueLine,

Welcome to our forum and thanx for the pics.

sal

SpyderEdgeForever

Postby SpyderEdgeForever » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:02 am

Welcome to the forum, Thin Blue Line. Man those are beautiful images and very accurate. I love microscopy images and especially those related to steel and knives.

sal, I would love to see if we can get images of some of the knives you've designed and made under a scanning tunneling microscope, the point and blade and grind images.

I am very excited about the prospects of some form of "Graphene-based Damascus Stainless Steel" for Spyderco knives in the future, when graphene assembler systems become economically and experimentally usable.

curlyhairedboy

Postby curlyhairedboy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Lovely pics!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Shaman, CF S90v Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Lil Native, Sage 5 LW, 4V Shaman, Watu, Rex 45 Shaman, Rex 45 Lil Native, Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, Waterway, Tanto PM2, CQI Kapara
Always in Pocket: Hawkbill Dragonfly 2 H1
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Smallfly G10, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native
Would like to own again: Currently N/A!
Wishlist:Smallfly 2, Pac Salt 2 LC200n, CQI SpyderEdge Caribbean Sheepsfoot, Shaman Sprints!

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”