New Models Dropped: Lil' Native Backlock, SpyderHawk Salt Orange Sprint, Shaman Black Blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dplafoll

New Models Dropped: Lil' Native Backlock, SpyderHawk Salt Orange Sprint, Shaman Black Blade

Post by dplafoll »

Thanks again to Mark's Outdoors in Vestavia Hills, AL for letting me photograph their knives.

Sorry these took a few extra days to post.

Album link: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmfrG7mg

Lil' Native Backlock:
I'm still impressed with this design. I think it's a true competitor to the Dragonfly 2 in that size range. This particular model is still very excellent with the backlock. I generally prefer the wire clip, but I also appreciate the fact that this one is 4-way instead of 2-way, and makes it feel, to me, more like its big brother (and I don't mind the spoon clip at all). Personally, I think that the compression lock and the backlock are Spyderco's two best locks, and now the Lil' Native gives you a very solid smaller option in either lock. Well done. Now for some sprints! :p

ImageUntitled by dplafoll, on Flickr

SpyderHawk Orange Sprint:
I have no use case for this knife, but it's still got the old-school ergonomics and such of the previous Salt handles. If you need/want a bigger hawkbill Salt knife, this one's for you.

Shaman Black Blade:
It's a Shaman, so it's still a beast and a fantastic knife, but now stealthier for your tactical boxcutting needs. ;)

Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
mrtodd777

Re: New Models Dropped: Lil' Native Backlock, SpyderHawk Salt Orange Sprint, Shaman Black Blade

Post by mrtodd777 »

Thanks again, and as usual-Great PICS!
Hopweaver

Re: New Models Dropped: Lil' Native Backlock, SpyderHawk Salt Orange Sprint, Shaman Black Blade

Post by Hopweaver »

Who doesn't love stealthy box cutting!? :D
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Does the back lock version have steel liners or not? I heard Eric make that statement on a video from one of the shows, shot or blade, can’t remember.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
dplafoll

Post by dplafoll »

MichaelScott wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:45 pm
Does the back lock version have steel liners or not? I heard Eric make that statement on a video from one of the shows, shot or blade, can’t remember.
You know, I forgot about that. In looking back at my video, I can't see any liners in there and I think you're right that Eric said it was linerless. I'm gonna say I'm 99% sure that it's linerless.
Patrick LaFollette
Current: Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189, Chaparral 1, Techno 1, Delica 4 HAP-40, Dragonfly 2 HAP-40, Mantra 1, Ladybug Salt Hawkbill, Nirvana CPM, Endura 4 HAP-40, Sage 4, Para Military 2 CPM Cru-Wear, Sage 5, Caly3 HAP40, Sliverax, Lil' Nilakka, Chaparral Raffir Noble, Zulu, Manbug HAP40, Meerkat HAP40, Sage 1/Sage 2/Sage 3 CF, Introvert, Techno 2
kvdo

Post by kvdo »

dplafoll wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:10 pm
MichaelScott wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:45 pm
You know, I forgot about that. In looking back at my video, I can't see any liners in there and I think you're right that Eric said it was linerless. I'm gonna say I'm 99% sure that it's linerless.