SpydieChef - Out of Stock

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Accutronman

SpydieChef - Out of Stock

Post by Accutronman »

Looking to pick up a second SpydieChef but everyone is out of stock. Any idea what’s going on?
Hopweaver

Re: SpydieChef - Out of Stock

Post by Hopweaver »

Wow, you're right. I just searched with about a dozen online retailers and none of them had it in stock. Maybe the word is out, it is an awesome knife. One of my favs.
:bug-red Make time for the important things in life, and learn to enjoy the little things more. :bug-red
Accutronman

Post by Accutronman »

Wonder if they’re keeping the steel for the Caribbean?
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Hmmmm, I am probably reading _way_ more into this than I should, but it makes me wonder if we will see another Slysz knife (aside from the Techno 2). The swayback seems to be a popular choice among Slysz fans.
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Oso Grande knives show it as being in stock. :)
"No matter where you go, there you are"
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’m really hoping the Swayback is released shortly after the Techno 2!! The Spydiechef is a great knife, and is a sleeper when it comes to EDC in my opinion. Plus the blade shape works very well on the cutting board!
Josh
NickShabazz

Post by NickShabazz »

It's worth knowing that the Slysz Bowie had a period of being completely unstocked, then came roaring back. And stock was good up until its untimely death. So don't read too much into it.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

murphjd25 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:50 am
I’m really hoping the Swayback is released shortly after the Techno 2!! The Spydiechef is a great knife, and is a sleeper when it comes to EDC in my opinion. Plus the blade shape works very well on the cutting board!
I was under the impression Spyderco was reluctant to market the Swayback since CRKT have the similar (using the term loosely here) Swindle.
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

NickShabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:00 pm
It's worth knowing that the Slysz Bowie had a period of being completely unstocked, then came roaring back. And stock was good up until its untimely death. So don't read too much into it.
It breaks my heart that I can’t buy a Slysz Bowie without the discontinued tax on top of the price, I pulled the trigger a few months back and paid $425 (aud) for one just to have buyer cancel the deal as PayPal charged him $10...
the Bowie is a beautiful knife but at that price...I can’t bring myself to pull that trigger.
atv223

Post by atv223 »

I would literally freak out if the Spidiechef was discontinued and I didn’t get any notice to buy a back up!
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Glad i picked the one up off ebay when I did during last sale. $188 should be here by the 31st
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
ConspicuousConsumption

Post by ConspicuousConsumption »

On Instagram, Marcin teased a Spydiechef Chef 2 prototype. Maybe early this year or late last year.
The first time I saw a Spyderco was the early 90s at a knife shop in a mall. I can still see the SpydieHoles through that glass display cabinet. My parents wouldn't buy any of them for me... so now I buy them all. :spyder:
atv223

Post by atv223 »

ConspicuousConsumption wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:59 am
On Instagram, Marcin teased a Spydiechef Chef 2 prototype. Maybe early this year or late last year.
If the Spydiechef 2 is that big of a change, I'd pick up a another of the first. I was hoping for just some improvements like they did with the Techno 2.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

NickShabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:00 pm

Yeah, one more batch and then discontinued, Spyderco can't really be trusted with this stuff :D

Last edited by Gsg9 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gsg9

Post by Gsg9 »

atv223 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:19 am
If the Spydiechef 2 is that big of a change, I'd pick up a another of the first. I was hoping for just some improvements like they did with the Techno 2.

Difference is that they said the Techno sales were still strong, if Spydiechef sales are not strong there will be a long way to Spydiechef 2
atv223

Post by atv223 »

Gsg9 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:31 am
atv223 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:19 am

Difference is that they said the Techno sales were still strong, if Spydiechef sales are not strong there will be a long way to Spydiechef 2
I'd be happy if they just kept the current version in production. It's my favorite user knife.
archangel

Post by archangel »

Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
PStone

Post by PStone »

Still wishing for a full spyderedge version. I love mine but hate tearing it up on dinner plates.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

DirtMcGirt wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:17 pm
Still wishing for a full spyderedge version. I love mine but hate tearing it up on dinner plates.
+1

It would be such a great utility knife full spyderedged as well
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
timlara

Post by timlara »

ConspicuousConsumption wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:59 am
From Marcin's Instagram. Looks interesting, but I don't see how a Spydiehole could fit in there as is. Judging by this, I would guess a new Spyderco version must still be pretty far off. (How could it be a SpydieChef without a hole?)

Tim