BBS Domino lockup

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Knivesinedc

BBS Domino lockup

Post by Knivesinedc »

Hey all! I recently traded a Shaman for a LNIB BBS blue Domino. The knife is awesome, the fit And finish is impeccable and I absolutely dig the knife. There is however a bitof a problem. The knife has a little bit of vertical play. Now I'm used to it on certain lock types, but I've never experienced it on a framelock. Is this normal? It's not a huge amount, and I'm not usually one to nitpick on smaller stuff, but I found it odd. On the flip side, I really appreciate that Spyderco used a replaceable steel insert on the lockbar this time around. Always good to see CQI in progress! -Jake-
spyderg

Re: BBS Domino lockup

Post by spyderg »

My Domino is rock solid. I am a bit surprised how far the lockbar was right out of box but it hasn’t moved. If it’s an option for you, send it in, (I’m in Canada so not an option for me). On some knives, you can loosen the screws, slide the lockbar scale up, (you may not even be able to notice any movement) while maintaining a bit of pressure against it, tighten it all back up. Doesn’t work on all knives but many it does. It can work it’s way back with aggressive flipping.
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Yeah I would make sure all the screws aren't loose before I sent it in but that maybe the best option if there is blade play.
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

My regular Domino has no play in any direction with the lock bar engaged.