Gunting seminar Clearwater FL

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BRAM

Gunting seminar Clearwater FL

Post by BRAM »

Ok guys n gals..there will be a Gunting seminar in Clearwater Florida April 26-27..

Sat 12noon - 6 pm..

Sun 10am -4pm...

It will cover all aspects of Gunting:

certfied instructors..get a handle on teaching the format!

Newbees..come play and understand the Gunting..

The time set up should give you time to arrive and time to leave...

Check www,CSSDSC.com for other details
chambers

Post by chambers »

Hey Bram, You ever coming out to New Mexico again? Last time you did you wouldn't let me come play cause it was LEO...

Shared Joy is increased, Shared Pain is lessened, -Spyder Robinson oxxxxxx{------------------------
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Again I'll be @ FLETC in New Mexico..
It will be July-Aug or Sept?
Maybe the fall..You know these Gov Agencies..
Maybe we can set up a non LEO seminar while I'm already out there..I await TSA-FAM & USBP guidelines as to how long a contract it will be..

OK???

Be safe
Bram
ronin203

Post by ronin203 »

Yes, please set up a seminar out here. Nothing would stop me from coming to it. Also, where can i get a close range medium impact tool.
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

Order from George @ www.CSSDSC.com
BRAM

Post by BRAM »

I'm getting primed for the seminar..should be a good crowd..
I'll see you all there..

Bram
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

I hope to be there, "Good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise...."
lunumbra

Post by lunumbra »

Rex, your only the second person, besides me, that I've heard use that expression.
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

Hello Lunumbra! I am not sure where it originated, but I heard it as a teenager, from a preacher. I took it to be one of those "folksy" sayings that has been around forever, but specifically used by people who live in areas where "low water crossings" are the norm. Those are low bridges, often made of stone, which are submerged with any significant amount of rainfall. They are still found in the Texas Hill Country, and other places, too, I am sure. The same expression would apply to "fords," which are crossings where the water is fairly shallow and the bottom firm.
WWill

Post by WWill »

I grew up in rural GA and SC and have heard this saying all my life. My wife (who grew up in the city ;-)) had never heard it and thinks I'm a hick when I say it.

Rex, I'm interested in your opinion of the gunting seminar if you have time to type up some comments.

WWill
Rex G

Post by Rex G »

Lunumbra pretty much covered everything in his review, which is on this MBC forum as well as Bladeforums, where it has received several responses. Except for previously seeing the 3-tape set, which I had ordered from Spyderco, I was totally new to all the Gunting stuff, and this was my first seminar. I learned how woefully inadequate my employer's DT program is! Even such basic things as arm bars and come-alongs, I had never learned to do properly. I also learned how hard it is to drive 1000+ miles "straight through" and then try to be mentally focused and physically able to learn anything right away. I hope there will be some Gunting people at the Blade Show in Atlanta in June. I need to review and practice!

Edited by - Rex G on 4/29/2003 10:34:48 AM