**** Enablers!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
blueeyedogre

**** Enablers!!

Post by blueeyedogre »

So I've been thinking and weighting options on whether I wanted the Yojimbo 2 or the Ronin 2 for the last week and I knew my local shop had a Yojimbo in stock and could get a Ronin from another store so I walked in today to get the Yojimbo..... The bugger had brought the Ronin in anyway and I ended up walking out with both. **** enablers. lol
Both knives will spend a little time on the bench this weekend as I always like to tune my knives to suit me best but I am happy with both purchases.
Endura 2 Stainless 1, Endura 4 FRN, Delica 4 Emerson, Delica 4 FRN, Delica 4 Wairncliffe, Matriarch, Catcherman, Harpy Stainless, Cricket Stainless, Paramilitary 2, Native 3, Ronin 2, Yojimbo 2, Chinook, UK Penknife, Captain, Bug, Temperance, Kumo, Jerry Hossom Woodlander, Spydercard,
Daveho

Re: **** Enablers!!

Post by Daveho »

Walked out with just 2?

Congratulations on the new knives bud
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

Hi, blueeyedogre:
Welcome to our forum! We hope you enjoy your time with us. I feel like I should warn you though... enabling is a special skill that is definitely in play here on our forum. ;)

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Isn't that one of the reasons we all come here...to talk to other people who spend a crazy amount on knives? I had all the knives I needed about 5 years ago. Then the reasoning became, "well I do t have that steel yet". Then "I don't have a knife from that country".

I'm in the acceptance phase. I accept that I spend about 10% of my income on Spyderco.

I always tell myself that "I can always sell some"...then I start laughing :)

Rather sell a kidney at this point
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Welcome to the forum.
Yes, we are all a bunch of enablers.
Enjoy the yojimbo. Don't have one of those yet.
Check the crazy deals thread for real enabling.
2 bears

Post by 2 bears »

Everytime I consider enabling, I just get out my collection of Spydies and think, why bother
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I’m doing pretty good, I’ve only picked up 3 new knives this year.
Josh
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

So, what are you getting next? ;)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
blueeyedogre

Post by blueeyedogre »

G-10 Police? I would love to find a Dodo but they are found very rarely.
Endura 2 Stainless 1, Endura 4 FRN, Delica 4 Emerson, Delica 4 FRN, Delica 4 Wairncliffe, Matriarch, Catcherman, Harpy Stainless, Cricket Stainless, Paramilitary 2, Native 3, Ronin 2, Yojimbo 2, Chinook, UK Penknife, Captain, Bug, Temperance, Kumo, Jerry Hossom Woodlander, Spydercard,
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Blueeyedogre,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
holeshot

Post by holeshot »

Welcome to the fourm! Just a word of warning, your wallet will get thinner and thinner from now on. :D
"No matter where you go, there you are"
Donut

Post by Donut »

The only thing keeping me from getting a Ronin 2 is the steel. I can get a Yojimbo 2 with a better steel for about the same price.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
blueeyedogre

Post by blueeyedogre »

Up here that’s not the case. The Yojimbo was $189 on sale for $169 and the Ronin was $129 on sale for $113. Only reason I bought both, I’d gone in initially to buy 2 Yojimbos so really I saved money. Lol
SC_PATRIOT

Post by SC_PATRIOT »

That Sal guy and some dude named Eric enable me every month buy showing videos of new models and then bringing them to the market. Enablers lead my moderation to the gutter all the time.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Moderation? Moderation? Moderation + Spyderco do not compute.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
vivi

Post by vivi »

Donut wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:04 pm
The only thing keeping me from getting a Ronin 2 is the steel. I can get a Yojimbo 2 with a better steel for about the same price.
A fantastic blade steel keeps you from picking up a great design? Odd decision...
:unicorn
vivi

Post by vivi »

blueeyedogre wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:17 pm
Up here that’s not the case. The Yojimbo was $189 on sale for $169 and the Ronin was $129 on sale for $113. Only reason I bought both, I’d gone in initially to buy 2 Yojimbos so really I saved money. Lol
Guess I bought mine at a good time, my Ronin 2 was under $100 shipped.
:unicorn
blueeyedogre

Post by blueeyedogre »

sal wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:01 pm
Hi Blueeyedogre,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
My apologies.... didn’t click in my head that you were that “Sal”. Thank you, I’ve admired and carried your work for years.
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

BrianMcCord wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:01 pm

I always tell myself that "I can always sell some"...then I start laughing :)

Rather sell a kidney at this point

Yeah...but look at it this way, you have many fine cutting instruments to lend the obviously shady...ah...doc who does the harvesting.

Imagine the knife-cred..."Oh my PM2...it is real sharp. Had some surgery done with it, never felt the incision and the cut was so clean it healed without a scar!" ;)
Donut

Post by Donut »

Vivi wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:52 pm
Donut wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:04 pm
A fantastic blade steel keeps you from picking up a great design? Odd decision...
Well, I mean, I have a Yojimbo 2, I have a Wharning and I chose the 440C (possibly worse) Perrin/Janich knife that is smaller and somewhat similar.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!