Within the US delivery $ fee from eBay seller

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
500Nitro

Within the US delivery $ fee from eBay seller

Post by 500Nitro »

Hope this is the right place.

What should I expect to pay for delivery
Within the US Lower 48 states, US$ wise from an eBay seller for a 2nd hand / used Spyderco of Endura type size. 1 knife.

I'm looking at buying a pretty well used Serrated Endura and Pacific Salt for use out bush in Aus

It will probably be posted to near Chicago.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
Glock27

Re: Within the US delivery $ fee from eBay seller

Post by Glock27 »

A small USPS Priority mail box costs $7.20 (fixed rate) and is automatically insured for $50. Additional insurance costs extra. This is probably the most expensive option, but will give you and idea on what to expect.

G27
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Took a quick look at eBay and most of the used Enduras and Pacifics currently listed from US sellers show either free shipping or prices between $3 and $5 for shipping to destinations within the US. I'd say that even the $5 charge is reasonable.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Thank you. Much appreciated.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Lots of people on eBay sell things at lower prices to give less of a cut to eBay but then make up the difference in shipping costs. Usually when something is priced much lower than other vendors it'll come with a higher shipping cost.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Yes, they do that in Australia too! I will ask for exact shipping costs.

Because I'm logged into ebay from Overseas it only shows International shipping. I did try logging out but it
picks up I am in Aust and so defaults to "This seller might not ship to .............."

I like carrying my Endura but had it for so long don't want to take it working / hunting etc as much in case I lose it so
I decided to buy a couple of older model, well used, serrated Enduras. A couple have Clip broken / Missing.

They will do the job when needed and won't be worried if I damage or lose it etc
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm sure someone here can check the listing for you and get shipping costs to Chicago or close enough to it. I'm on my cell at work or I'd do it for ya.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I will typically ask what I think is a fair but higher price for an eBay item I’m selling. I will also offer free shipping at the economy rate so that I don’t list a very low price and boost the shipping cost. I don’t like that. If a buyer wants to pay extra for fast shipping that is their choice. I will also buy shipping insurance on items over $50 because you never know. All in all, I end up selling an item at a fair price with a happy buyer. I don’t try to squeeze every last dollar out of a sale.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Donut

Post by Donut »

When I fill out the information on the website, it looks like $14.25 for first class and $36.25 for Priority from the US to Australia.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Donut

Post by Donut »

I would say that depending on the country, there are risks involved and I think Priority automatically gives you $70 of insurance, while I don't think you can get insurance with first class shipping.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Thanks for the replies again.

As mentioned above, I'll get them shipped to probably near Chicago as opposed to Australia. Consolidate a few purchases.
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Anywhere else to look apart from eBay for Used Spydercos ?

Spyderco stickers

I noticed a few on eBay US Site but at US$5 and upwards, mostly upwards, seems a bit pricey.

Any reason for them being priced so high and
Where do I get cheaper ones.