Gift Knife for Brother: your opinions wanted

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JaseRicco

Re: Gift Knife for Brother: your opinions wanted

Post by JaseRicco »

SC_PATRIOT wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:41 pm
...I usually carry a Delica wharnie in S30v and a fully serrated tenacious..
I just picked up my first Delica, the Delica 4 FFG in black and orange, love the orange. And I have come to absolutely love the Delica 4 already. I can see collecting every variation that appeals to me. I really like the look of the Delica 4 Wharncliffe, especially the Orange S30V Exclusive through CutleryShoppe, how do ya like it??
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

The Meat man wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:47 pm
JaseRicco wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:25 pm
Decision made??
Yep, a Salt 2 Black FRN TiNi coated H1 blade is arriving from Cutleryshoppe.com. Can't wait for it to arrive!
Nice, real nice!! That’s a good looking knife. I’m sure your Brother will love it. Probably should’ve picked up a second, because your’e gonna want one :D
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

JaseRicco wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:04 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:47 pm
JaseRicco wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:25 pm
Decision made??
Yep, a Salt 2 Black FRN TiNi coated H1 blade is arriving from Cutleryshoppe.com. Can't wait for it to arrive!
Nice, real nice!! That’s a good looking knife. I’m sure your Brother will love it. Probably should’ve picked up a second, because your’e gonna want one :D
Yeah now the challenge will be to see if I can give it away once it does come. :D

Btw thanks everyone for all your great suggestions!
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TriggerThumb

Post by TriggerThumb »

My dad has basically the same requirements, and needed a knife. I got him a polestar and a double stuff stone. The blue handle and saddle tan leather look beautiful and high end together, and I feel touching up a knife on a pocket stone is approachable and rewarding for a novice. Then my dad takes the knife to me maybe once a month for a complete sharpening and polishing, making it a gift that continues to encourage a bond. Best gift I've ever given. My dad might even say the same.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau