Spyderco prototype... NOT

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderNut

Re: Spyderco prototype... NOT

Post by SpyderNut »

Oh man, now all I want is a “Gossip Girls” Velcro patch to wear on my Spyderco shirt. Wouldn’t that be cool? ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Captjcb

Post by Captjcb »

For you guys to judge someone over a single comment is pretty sad.But to question my character without ever meeting dealing with or talking to me is worse.I bought this knife on ebay and tried to get as much info as I could on it.you guys talk about China but some real Spydercos are coming out of china, look in your catalog.I didnt list this knife to scam someone I wanted to gauge interest and hopefully get some feedback thats why the price was so high. So before you call me names and judge me read my feedback.
I had a Coast Guard jacket up for sale on eBay and a guy really wanted it but was worried if it would fit.so i told him I would ship the jacket to him, if it didn't fit pay the return shipping, if it fits and you like it pay the sale price. He got it loved it and payed for it. Everyone is happy. Is that how a scumbag does things. As far as my character I do like the knife and think it's pretty cool.if you handled it you would probably agree.Just like the Gil Hibben Rambo knife I have with the wood handle. I think thats a beautiful knife and will do what its meant to do. I dont care if it's mass produced and says rambo on it. I like it its in my collection so judge me all you want.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

please find some dignity, it is just sad at this point.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Captjcb wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:27 pm
For you guys to judge someone over a single comment is pretty sad.But to question my character without ever meeting dealing with or talking to me is worse.I bought this knife on ebay and tried to get as much info as I could on it.you guys talk about China but some real Spydercos are coming out of china, look in your catalog.I didnt list this knife to scam someone I wanted to gauge interest and hopefully get some feedback thats why the price was so high. So before you call me names and judge me read my feedback.
I had a Coast Guard jacket up for sale on eBay and a guy really wanted it but was worried if it would fit.so i told him I would ship the jacket to him, if it didn't fit pay the return shipping, if it fits and you like it pay the sale price. He got it loved it and payed for it. Everyone is happy. Is that how a scumbag does things. As far as my character I do like the knife and think it's pretty cool.if you handled it you would probably agree.Just like the Gil Hibben Rambo knife I have with the wood handle. I think thats a beautiful knife and will do what its meant to do. I dont care if it's mass produced and says rambo on it. I like it its in my collection so judge me all you want.
You can send the knife to me and I’ll see if I like it
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Captjcb wrote:

Man I'm calling BS on your entire story. Every word of it. You're here trying to save your eBay reputation and that's it. If you REALLY thought you had a prototype, why wouldn't you just contact Spyderco and ask them? If you really are a collector, you would know about this forum and you would know that Sal himself posts here regularly and you would have come here to ask. You know **** well if someone had clicked buy it now you would have let that knife go for $250 without hesitation, so your story about getting info is complete BS. There are better ways of getting info than listing something for sale and claiming it to be something that you have NO proof of other than what some "major collector" told you which is just more BS because until Spyderco tell you it's a prototype, literally nobody knows jack crap about it because they are the only ones who WOULD know. You liking this knife and thinking it's cool has nothing to do with your BS claim that it's a prototype and THAT is what people are judging you over, not your taste in knives. Then when someone confronts you with the truth YOU throw insults at them and this forum, and you think we're sad?

I'll tell you what IS sad. It's sad that you would take advantage of someone. It's sad that you would take their hard earned money based on a LIE. It's sad that you need to make up those lies to sell something. It's exceptionally sad that you actually think you have any ground to come here and defend yourself. And it's most sad that you're missing out on one of the best knife communities on the internet because of all of this. You could have easily joined this forum and posted pics asking about the knife BEFORE claiming it was something that it's not, and BEFORE listing it for what you know **** well is way more than it's worth. THAT is said.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
500Nitro

Post by 500Nitro »

Exactly. He joined the forum as soon as this topic went up.

Yet as you say, he couldn't join before to ask.

The wealth of knowledge on here will get you
The answer in 1-2 days at most.

He/she knew it was a fake and is now trying to get out of the 6ft hole he dug.
3 x Endura 1 SE, 1 x Endura ? CE and a Black Pacific Salt. Want Aqua Salt, Fish Hunter and a Pacific Salt Yellow.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:57 am
Man I'm calling BS on your entire story.

+1 David. Unless they collect something other than knives, I can't imagine any "major collector" thinking that knife could possibly have been made by/for Spyderco. Those things have been showing up on eBay every so often for at least five years. Aside from the lettering, there is nothing that remotely resembles anything Spyderco ever made so they are one of the easiest, if not the easiest, fakes to spot. I suspect you can still find them for sale on AliExpress. And, as you said, getting info on it here prior to listing it would have been easy. A Google search on Spyderco has a direct link to this forum.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Captjcb wrote:
You had a chance to redeem yourself, and your reputation. You chose not to do so.

I am spreading the word to my "little group" about your business practices.

Honesty is the best policy, Rambo.

By the way, kudos on your coast guard jacket...you clearly are a great guy. :rolleyes:
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Will someone PM me this sellers name, so I can monitor? This guys reaction makes me want to use my free time for a little "consumer justice". He apparently needs to be kept honest.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
Eli Chaps

Post by Eli Chaps »

Captjcb wrote:
For you guys to judge someone over a single comment is pretty sad...

Ok, fair enough. So I'll just judge you on all the other one's you just made.

This is my favorite:
Captjcb wrote:
...I didnt list this knife to scam someone I wanted to gauge interest and hopefully get some feedback thats why the price was so high.
Yeah that's how people always do research. Toss something up for sale at a ridiculous price, ya know, to price it beyond the average unknowing consumer cuz I care, and then hope that a highly knowledgeable person will come along and tell me all about the item. Yep, happens all the time. I mean Barrett-Jackson for instance is chuck full of super-high priced cars that aren't reall y for sale but that the owner is just trying to find a forum to get information on. Same with James D. Julia, Sotheby's, Christie's and so on. Yep, happens all the time.

Come on man, just read that out loud to yourself.

:rolleyes:
ThePeacent

Post by ThePeacent »

and it's a lame excuse, in the Internet era, that you didn't know. If I was selling or buying something for $250 I bet I could dedicate 5 minutes to do a "Spyderco Assisted knife" or "Spyderco Tanto assisted" search on Google

or any other variations of those words, and I'd have the answer to its authenticity, possible pics and forum entries available in less time than it took you to write that ridiculous attempt to keep your reputation, which was already at stake to say the least

I don't know if it's laughable or something to cry at, really.
SG89

Post by SG89 »

So i guess nobody wants to use the 15% off ebay coupon code for this trustworthy ebay seller? :p
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Captjcb

Post by Captjcb »

I joined this forum because someone sent me the link on ebay.the last thing in the world i need to do is defend my reputation or character to some people chatting on a forum.you can "monitor" me all you want.I have 100% feedback for a reason.and saying you can't like a knife because it's not a Spyderco is being pretty narrow-minded.so I will leave you now to gossip away your night
sal

Post by sal »

If I understand it correctly, you are selling knives that say they're Spyderco but they are not really Spyderco? You don't see a problem with that?

sal
Captjcb

Post by Captjcb »

No it was one knife that I could find no information on not even from Spyderco. I do not produce knives, or peddle knives of any brand.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Captjcb wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:13 pm
I joined this forum because someone sent me the link on ebay.the last thing in the world i need to do is defend my reputation or character to some people chatting on a forum.you can "monitor" me all you want.I have 100% feedback for a reason.and saying you can't like a knife because it's not a Spyderco is being pretty narrow-minded.so I will leave you now to gossip away your night
Eh?

This is not a critique of your tastes in knives; it's about your attempt to sell a fake product as genuine.
At best, it reveals a disappointing lack of responsibility; at worst, a deliberate attempt to defraud people of their money. You pick.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Captjcb wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:13 pm
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
slick228

Post by slick228 »

Captjcb wrote: “I collect knives and I was a spyderco dealer for 15 years.”

If you were really a Spyderco dealer for 15 years, you would know immediately that you had a counterfeit or a cheap fake knife. You would also know how to get in touch with Spyderco to validate what you have, and realize immediately that the founder and owner of Spyderco, Sal, responded in this thread. You only stated that you were a Spyderco dealer for 15 years in attempt to give yourself credibility and scam people to buy your cheap fake knife for $250.
Captjcb

Post by Captjcb »

You keep showing what I say so show me where I said fake Spyderco knives are the same quality as a Spyderco.I was a Spyderco dealer all through the nineties so you don't need to preach to me about Spydercos.And Sal can verify that for all of you if need be.you guys talk like you are sitting on thrones high above and casting down your judgements.you think you represent what Spyderco is all about?? Your not.
Captjcb

Post by Captjcb »

Put Sal in contact with me he can verify I was a dealer and what you dont understand is I don't need credibility with you judgemental people.I could care less what you think cause you don't know me, how many spydercos I've bought, all the people I've turned into Spyderco customers. I had my Snapon rep selling them on his truck. And thats all before I was even on ebay.