Hey Sal, any updates on the PM2 & Para3 maxamet?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cheeseheaded

Hey Sal, any updates on the PM2 & Para3 maxamet?

Post by cheeseheaded »

Hey Sal, I was wondering if there is any info you are able to share about when the PM2 in maxamet might be back and when the Para 3 in maxamet may appear? I am just kinda curious about maybe sooner, later, or if the magic eight ball says the future is hazy for some reason. I am loving all the cool new models that have been announced but have really been itching for these.
Thx!
bearfacedkiller

Re: Hey Sal, any updates on the PM2 & Para3 maxamet?

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I am curious about the Military as well? :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Really looking forward to this one for a while. An update would be great
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

:) fingers crossed
archangel

Post by archangel »

Weren‘t there a few PM2 with slightly off center blade tips? Spyderco wanted to look into this?
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

It’s odd that Travvy looks to have a Para 3 Maxamet in hand almost two weeks ago and they’re still no where to be found.
cheeseheaded

Post by cheeseheaded »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:50 pm
I am curious about the Military as well? :)
Intriguing model for maxamet as well.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

I don't think cs does pre-orders and their site has the ad to cart option so it seems to be in stock. I emailed last night to confirm with no reply yet. They also have the atr 2
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

No more add to cart button..
invisiblemonster

Post by invisiblemonster »

I managed to snag a PM2 a while ago but it had the uneven ground/bent tip issue and so I returned it. I really liked the dark gray G10 and the stonewashed finish though. Hopefully Sal and Co get the issue sorted out and they're available soon again. I too really want a Military in the same configuration.
Camhabib

Post by Camhabib »

New around here so I apologize if this has been covered but what issues have there been with the Maxamet steel? Contacted a dealer about the PM2 and they said probably not until the summer due to figuring out a few problems.
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Camhabib,

Welcome to our forum.

Maximet is a very challenging steel to turn into a blade. Fallout is high and we need to think it through more carefully before resuming.

sal
Deadboxhero

Post by Deadboxhero »

sal wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:23 pm
Hi Camhabib,

Welcome to our forum.

Maximet is a very challenging steel to turn into a blade. Fallout is high and we need to think it through more carefully before resuming.

sal
Thanks for pushing the limits on knife steels and making them available for us to play with. If it wasn't for your effort I don't think I would have fallen so deeply down the rabbit hole.

Thanks, hope to see more Maxamet soon. I let the PM2 slip through my fingers because I thought it would be around. Guess we all took it for granted, but the effort didn't go unnoticed. My mind was blown by how long that steel cuts.
Big Brown Bear
https://www.youtube.com/user/shawnhouston
Triple B Handmade Knives
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

sal wrote:
Hi Camhabib,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Long time lurker, first time poster. Spyderco's are my go to folders for EDC or hanging out on my work bench. I usually have about 6 in my rotation at any given time. Although I buy and sell from time to time I generally favor the Manix or Paramilitary 2 line. I've been wanting to add a Para 3 to the rotation and have been holding out for the Maxamet version. Based on this comment Sal, are you able to say approximately when you expect the Para 3 in Maxamet to hit the market.
BTW, Great forum here. It is great that the owner/company directly supports the discussions.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

tjsblade wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:09 pm
sal wrote:
Hi Camhabib,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
Long time lurker, first time poster. Spyderco's are my go to folders for EDC or hanging out on my work bench. I usually have about 6 in my rotation at any given time. Although I buy and sell from time to time I generally favor the Manix or Paramilitary 2 line. I've been wanting to add a Para 3 to the rotation and have been holding out for the Maxamet version. Based on this comment Sal, are you able to say approximately when you expect the Para 3 in Maxamet to hit the market.
BTW, Great forum here. It is great that the owner/company directly supports the discussions.
It's shipping to stores now. Cutleryshoppe had some but have sold out. As of writing this they are in stock here

https://www.osograndeknives.com/catalog ... 29474.html
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

Thanks for the heads up koenig.
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:14 pm
tjsblade wrote:
sal wrote:
Hi Camhabib,

Welcome to our forum.

sal
It's shipping to stores now. Cutleryshoppe had some but have sold out. As of writing this they are in stock here

Has anyone received one yet from one of the vendors.
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

tjsblade wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:37 pm
koenigsegg wrote:
tjsblade wrote:
sal wrote:
Hi Camhabib,

Welcome to our forum.

sal

I don't have it but it's been shipped.
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

I placed an order earlier through Osogrande but the confirmation email said it is pre order only.

I wish the site would tell you this prior to placing the order. Oh well.
tjsblade

Post by tjsblade »

koenigsegg wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:39 pm
tjsblade wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:37 pm
koenigsegg wrote:
tjsblade wrote:

I don't have it but it's been shipped.
From the link you posted?