Great Customer Service Is Hard To Come By...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JaseRicco

Great Customer Service Is Hard To Come By...

Post by JaseRicco »

I recently had an issue with a newly purchased Tenacious Exclusive offered through CutleryShoppe. I called over to CutleryShoppe and the gentleman I spoke with, his name is Jeff, was extremely curtious.

Jeff hit me with some stellar customer service. When his suggestion didn't work I figured I’d call him back to let him know, and inquire about sending the knife back. He thanked me for giving it a shot and stated that he would send out a replacement Tenacious ASAP with an included return envelope. When I asked if he needed my credit card to charge me for the Tenacious he would be sending out, he stated that since I trusted him and gave it my best shot to fix the knife issue, he would trust me, and asked that I send the original knife back in the included envelope.

I received such great customer service that I called Jeff back, asked if he had the Tenacious Black/Black in stock and ordered a second one. He shipped both knives out immediately this past Saturday, and I received both yesterday.

Couldn’t have asked for better customer service. I highly recommend doing business with CutelryShoppe any chance you get.
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
ShaneInDenver

Re: Great Customer Service Is Hard To Come By...

Post by ShaneInDenver »

Not only do they have great customer service, but they even send you tootsie roll pops!
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

ShaneInDenver wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:25 pm
Not only do they have great customer service, but they even send you tootsie roll pops!
Yes!! Orange pops and pen to match the Orange Exclusive I received
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

I've only brought 1 knife from them and it was certainly a pleasant experience. Got the pen, tootsies pops and shipped to the other end of the planet with no hassles.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JaseRicco wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:22 pm
I recently had an issue with a newly purchased Tenacious Exclusive offered through CutleryShoppe. I called over to CutleryShoppe and the gentleman I spoke with, his name is Jeff, was extremely curtious.

Jeff hit me with some stellar customer service. When his suggestion didn't work I figured I’d call him back to let him know, and inquire about sending the knife back. He thanked me for giving it a shot and stated that he would send out a replacement Tenacious ASAP with an included return envelope. When I asked if he needed my credit card to charge me for the Tenacious he would be sending out, he stated that since I trusted him and gave it my best shot to fix the knife issue, he would trust me, and asked that I send the original knife back in the included envelope.

I received such great customer service that I called Jeff back, asked if he had the Tenacious Black/Black in stock and ordered a second one. He shipped both knives out immediately this past Saturday, and I received both yesterday.

Couldn’t have asked for better customer service. I highly recommend doing business with CutelryShoppe any chance you get.
Jeff, is the owner if I'm not mistaken.
He is a good guy too.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Nothing but great service on all my orders from them as well. They might not get quite as much attention recently with BladeHQ raining down exclusives on us, but Cutlery Shoppe has been bringing exclusives for years and awesome customer service. I'm glad you were pleased with Jeff's service and took the time to share your experience.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Yes I had an issue with my Dice and he personally picked out a perfect one for me and wrote me a note even with the gifts. 10/10 ign
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

I've bought almost every Spyderco I have from Jeff . Best knife dealer online imo.
lunde

Post by lunde »

Perhaps the best part is that Cutlery Shoppe's almost always tend to have the "correct" handle color: ORANGE.
captnvegtble

Post by captnvegtble »

Jeff is the owner of Cutlery Shoppe and is great to do business with. I try and buy most of my knives from him.
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

I'll keep this in mind for my next few spydies!
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
Cricket Bite

Post by Cricket Bite »

I can't recommend more highly. I live local so I pick mine up in person. No store front but he will help in whatever way he can. I will only buy my Spydies from him. If not in stock I will wait. Usually the lowest if not among the lowest price as well.
JaseRicco

Post by JaseRicco »

lunde wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:39 pm
Perhaps the best part is that Cutlery Shoppe's almost always tend to have the "correct" handle color: ORANGE.
I agree, I have become a big fan of orange scales with the purchase of my Tenacious G-10 orange.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

Love that shoppe
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

He is one of the good guys and a knife nut just like us.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
nicked.onaut

Post by nicked.onaut »

More than twenty years ago, I'd be ordering from Jeff's mini-catalogs or folding pamphlet sales flyers. Anyone remember those? Red, white and black, like that famous fashion designer's personal color palette?

Call the 1-800 number for the order, maybe speak to Jeff, or even (yikes!) *mail a check* with a Xeroxed copy of the order form.

Olden golden times, and Jeff still has the same great service in our modern age. 8^p
sn0wman72

Post by sn0wman72 »

Yep Jeff a CS is one of the good guys, buy from him almost always!
Hobnob

Post by Hobnob »

I concur with what has been said. Will order from CS again.
Tucson Tom

Post by Tucson Tom »

Wait a minute! I don't remember any tootsie pops with my order. The knife was fine though. Maybe I should check the packing material better next time.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

I’ve not bought anything from CutleryShoppe. Only because their shipping rates to Oz are quite high but I’ve bought knives from KnifeCentre and KnifeWorks. I’ve also bought plenty (not knives) from Cabela’s, Brownell’s, Sinclair’s, BrunoShooters and others and I couldn’t be happier in my dealings with any of them. :)

In my experience Americans do customer service exceptionally well. :cool:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin