(Q) should Spyderco publish there Rockwell Hardness of there knives or should they do a “MAX’ line where they harden the

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Canazes9

Re: (Q) should Spyderco publish there Rockwell Hardness of there knives or should they do a “MAX’ line where they harden

Post by Canazes9 »

clovehitch wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:06 pm
How difficult is it to be accurate within a range? How important is perfect accuracy anyway? Is a disclaimer not an option (note: rockwell hardness may very from blade to blade)?

For a third time I'll state that I don't think this is a big deal, or very important. I also would never tell a company what to do and respect spyderco 's decisions. I just think (so far) that the potential negatives of releasing a few numbers are being exaggerated, so I'm curious.
hmmm, didn't realize that was unedited video, my apologies...

David
Stuman

Re: (Q) should Spyderco publish there Rockwell Hardness of there knives or should they do a “MAX’ line where they harden

Post by Stuman »

Personally I own one Rockstead in YXR7 and I didn’t want ZDP 189 at a very hard harness due to edge stability issues. I’ve gave my yxr7 Rockstead a lot hard use and it still shaves and whittles hair but I really couldn’t use it to its full potential as it is a high speed steel designed to cut metal which I would never consider using it for and as I’ve mentioned there is a balance where you don’t get the blade to tough and to hard and there’s a sweet spot right in the middle where you get the best of both but more or less not to much of each other and they balance each other equally.
Liberty and the pursuit of happiness is everyone’s god given right :)