SAL!! When Will We See The Next Value Folder??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Daveho

Re: SAL!! When Will We See The Next Value Folder??

Postby Daveho » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:46 am

JaseRicco wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:18 pm
Daveho wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:39 pm
You can of course also look into the ambitious/tenacious range, the difference between CTS-BD1 v 8cr13mov is negligible with people having preferences either way but I’ve not tried the former.
My ambitious has seen years of use and is still solid, it’s been through hundreds if not thousands of pallets of car parts.
I picked up the Spyderco exclusive Tenacious with Orange G-10 and a black blade earlier today. Should be here a just a couple days...CAN’T WAIT
Nice!
Though I’m sure many here will cringe, one of the things I love about 8cr13mov as a user is that it takes an easy edge.
I have been stuck in situations where we where breaking stuff down for hours and had to sharpen my ambitious In the unglazed base of a ceramic mug. I’d never do it on a sentimental knife but as a beater this range is amazing for stuff like that.

JaseRicco

Postby JaseRicco » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:17 am

Daveho wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:46 am
I have been stuck in situations where we where breaking stuff down for hours and had to sharpen my ambitious In the unglazed base of a ceramic mug. I’d never do it on a sentimental knife but as a beater this range is amazing for stuff like that.
How MacGyver of you lol. Gotta do what you gotta do in a given situation.
Jase

Current:
Para 3 LWT & Delica 4 Damascus KnifeJoy Exclusive

On The Hunt For:
Delica 4 Sprints & Exclusives (Background here...viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85708)

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive

Daveho

Postby Daveho » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:29 pm

JaseRicco wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:17 am
Daveho wrote:
How MacGyver of you lol. Gotta do what you gotta do in a given situation.
It’s wildly course but does the job in a pinch

NickShabazz

Postby NickShabazz » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Daveho wrote:
JaseRicco wrote:
Daveho wrote:
You can of course also look into the ambitious/tenacious range, the difference between CTS-BD1 v 8cr13mov is negligible with people having preferences either way but I’ve not tried the former.
My ambitious has seen years of use and is still solid, it’s been through hundreds if not thousands of pallets of car parts.
I picked up the Spyderco exclusive Tenacious with Orange G-10 and a black blade earlier today. Should be here a just a couple days...CAN’T WAIT
Nice!
Though I’m sure many here will cringe, one of the things I love about 8cr13mov as a user is that it takes an easy edge.
There's also the finished edge of the top of a car or truck window. One of those weird little tricks that can make one look like a wizard in a room full of dull knives.
Mourning the Slysz Bowie and loving the rest of Spyderco's gems. Check out my reviews at https://www.youtube.com/c/nickshabazz!

JaseRicco

Postby JaseRicco » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:48 pm

NickShabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:44 pm
There's also the finished edge of the top of a car or truck window. One of those weird little tricks that can make one look like a wizard in a room full of dull knives.
I’ve heard of this as well.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:
Delica 4 Wharncliffe, Delica 4 Wharncliffe S30V Cutlery Shoppe Exclusive, Lil Matriarch Bento Box Shop Exclusive

Daveho

Postby Daveho » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:01 pm

NickShabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:44 pm
Daveho wrote:
JaseRicco wrote:
Daveho wrote:
Nice!
How have I not heard of that!
Between my coffee mug, car window and pulling my belt off for a cheeky midday stropping. It’s obvious I have wasted money on this silly stones.
Edit: and the glass is curved so I can work on those silly slightly recurved blades..

zhyla

Postby zhyla » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:29 pm

I still think the Ambitious is one of Spyderco’s better knives. As far as I know it is also the cheapest. That should hold you over until the next Value line model appears (followed soon after by the XXX Value Folder isn’t a good Value mega thread).

If you can find a good pic on an SE Tenacious that is also a great knife.

JaseRicco

Postby JaseRicco » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:01 pm

zhyla wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:29 pm
I still think the Ambitious is one of Spyderco’s better knives. As far as I know it is also the cheapest. That should hold you over until the next Value line model appears (followed soon after by the XXX Value Folder isn’t a good Value mega thread).
Ambitious is a bit too small for me.

I actually went back and looked through the Value line to see if anything struck my fancy. I saw that Spyderco released a Tenacious Exclusive in Orange G-10, and with a black blade, man is it just a bad a#! looking knife. I HAD to pick it up! So I think this purcahse will leave me satisfied...for now lol.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:

npad69

Postby npad69 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:07 am

forget the tenacious.. get the resilience!

Daveho

Postby Daveho » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:31 am

npad69 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:07 am
Perfect for opening a parcel....
If you need to machette through a fence to get to said parcel.

npad69

Postby npad69 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:34 am

Daveho wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:31 am
npad69 wrote:
Perfect for opening a parcel....
If you need to machette through a fence to get to said parcel.
exactly!
..and something to fight that grizzly that took your parcel on the other side of the fence

Daveho

Postby Daveho » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:56 am

They arnt THAT big really but with the steel being as soft as it is I don’t know that I would want a larger blade, short n stout does okay

JaseRicco

Postby JaseRicco » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:53 am

npad69 wrote:
If the Tenacious is a bit too big for me, then the Resilience is way to big.
Jase

Current:

On The Hunt For:

Sold:

ThePeacent

Postby ThePeacent » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:30 am

Daveho wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:56 am
They arnt THAT big really but with the steel being as soft as it is I don’t know that I would want a larger blade, short n stout does okay
but for food prepping on the go, long, thin and wide is what you want in a folder,
and as long as you're not chopping at frozen turkey or ribs, toughness ought to be less of a concern if food is the cutting subject

I think nobody gives you that blade width and length for the $ in the folder category :spyder:

Daveho

Postby Daveho » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:15 am

ThePeacent wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:30 am
Daveho wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:56 am
but for food prepping on the go, long, thin and wide is what you want in a folder,
and as long as you're not chopping at frozen turkey or ribs, toughness ought to be less of a concern if food is the cutting subject

I think nobody gives you that blade width and length for the $ in the folder category :spyder:
Quite right, it’s a great looking blade!

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”