Shipping of internal parts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
sal

Re: Shipping of internal parts

Postby sal » Tue May 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Hi Double D,

Best to contact Charlynn in customer service.

sal

MichaelScott

Postby MichaelScott » Tue May 05, 2020 9:53 pm

DOUBLE D wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 8:16 pm
MichaelScott wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 6:36 pm
Who did the stripping? If it was you, very likely not. Have you actually read the warranty?
I could be misreading your reply but you sound like you are being condescending which I don’t appreciate. I’m a long time spyderco knife user and purchaser, and have bought well over 100 spyderco knives and spent a ridiculous amount of money over the years. All I’m asking for is the info on how or if I could get a part for one of them. If I’m not correctly reading your post then I apologize.
No, apology is mine. I can often be blunt (my children remind me of this frequently) and posts, messages, email can be difficult to convey what we intend. I suggest a call to Spyderco and discuss your situation. They are well known for taking care of us SpydiePeople.

Best regards,
What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. Except infantry. Infantry will kill you.

“Gentlemen, bring out your men.” — T. J. Jackson, Second Manassas, 1862

http://acehotel.blog

Team S30V, and 1095

Monty

Postby Monty » Sun May 17, 2020 8:29 pm

I guess I'll need to contact customer service after tonight. I took apart my Caribbean to dye the scales and stripped two screws in the process. 😭 I've always dyed salt models in the past without breaking them down first, lesson learned.

ryan.s

Postby ryan.s » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:06 pm

As a consumer I would prefer if parts were available for purchase. I recently had an experience where I needed a replacement pivot pin for the Ambitious. I first checked the web to see if I could find a suitable replacement and was a bit surprised I couldn't find anything. So I contacted Spyderco's CS (first time ever contacting CS) asking if they could direct me on where I could source the pivot pin and was told I would have to send the knife to have the part replaced. The knife was purchased several years ago and it's not something I carry or use so it really didn't make sense for me to pay probably half the cost of the knife for shipping and repairs to send it in. It would have been nice to have been able to just purchase the part. Now it just sits in a ziploc bag in pieces because I'm unable to put it back together without the pivot. I've seen Sal mention to others in this thread to contact Charlynn in CS but not sure how to contact her.

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”