Shipping of internal parts

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
aaronkb

Re: Shipping of internal parts

Postby aaronkb » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 pm

Hey, Sal! I’m new on here and love how involved you are, it’s awesome. Since this is being necro’d...

For many, taking apart and working on their knives is a major part of the hobby. Also, a lot of these knives take quite a beating.

For those two reasons, I feel really strongly that every manufacturer should be willing to ship internal parts. It would make aspects of the hobby much more enjoyable and less stressful.

That being said, I’ve never had a spyderco part break on me. It’s a much bigger deal with Benchmade - I’ve broken an omega spring through normal use and having to send my knife away for a couple weeks when I could have easily replaced the part Myself was pretty infuriating. And even though my Benchmades are great knives, I enjoy them a LOT less now just because that happened once and now I worry about it.

So even though it’s less necessary with Spydercos, it would still be an awesome thing to do for your customers, it would present another advantage over your competition, and it would set a new industry precedent that I’d really appreciate.

To answer your other question,

I own...
A Delica w/Emerson wave
Three Manix 2’s - Blurple S110v, KC cruwear, and BHQ M4
ShamN BHQ M4
PM2 Bento M390
Para 3 earth brown s35vn

No counterfeits

Currently got my eye on the para 3 lw as well.

And I’d absolutely be willing to pay for shipping and even a small cost for the parts themselves.

Thanks!
Aaron

sal

Postby sal » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:22 pm

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to our forum.

Thanx much for the; support, input and kind words. Charlynn in customer service has been exceptional in dealing with this issue, even for overseas customers.

sal

tap78

Postby tap78 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:48 am

sal wrote: Charlynn in customer service has been exceptional in dealing with this issue, even for overseas customers.
I can confirm that!
CQI idea implemented not only in product making but also in customer service.
Thank You all!
My :spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear

Return to “Spyderco General Discussion”