Shoe box full of Spydercos

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rj1974

Shoe box full of Spydercos

Post by rj1974 »

Good evening all , Joined up tonight looking to get some info on some knives I acquired today in trade . I had a shoe box of spydercos handed to me in trade for a Marlin 44mag lever gun . I do collect knives but mostly WW1/WW2 edged weapons. I do not collect spydercos although I do love them and have a few I rotate out for daily use and carry , today I apparently became a collector of them . I plan on holding onto these so value is not really an issue but would be nice to know so I don't toss my son a $300 pocket knife , looking for some history mainly. My father has claimed a few of these already and my son (16) has been developing a fondness for sharp and pointy things and eyeing a few of these up . Any info would be greatly appreciated .
Attachments
spy3.jpg
spy2.jpg
spy1.jpg
spy6.jpg
spy7.jpg
"Some people are like slinkies. They're not really good for anything , but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs ."
rj1974

Re: Shoe box full of Spydercos

Post by rj1974 »

a few more
Attachments
spy8.jpg
spy5.jpg
spy4.jpg
"Some people are like slinkies. They're not really good for anything , but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down a flight of stairs ."
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Welcome to the forum. There are so many great Spyderco models there.
rj1974

Post by rj1974 »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Welcome to the forum. There are so many great Spyderco models there.
Thank you for the welcome .
Sjucaveman

Post by Sjucaveman »

Welcome, looks like you made out like a bandit. Great knives there!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Adam
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum, Great looking collection for sure, no $300 pieces in there but definitely $100-$150 on some.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Nice vintage collection there.

Probably the rarest are the Vesuvius and Viele (probably in the $125-150 range NIB); the Herbst ($100-150 NIB); and the Impala and C25 Centofante (~$125 NIB). If used, they're probably worth quite a bit less. Nothing in there is so rare and expensive that I would avoid using them if you feel like it.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Welcome...and, YOU SCORED!
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Some of those boxes are worth a few dollars to collectors
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Holy Spyders Batman!!! :D Dude you have me so green with envy I don't even know what to say :o But there are about 3 of those that I would roll over and do dog tricks for :D An even up trade for a lever action rifle was really nice on your end for sure. Actually you made out like a very prosperous bandit :rolleyes: >> again I envy you greatly and by the way congratulations because trades like that don't happen very often. :spyder:
rj1974

Post by rj1974 »

Again , thank you all for the welcome and the help . Much appreciated .
embry386

Post by embry386 »

Welcome! That's a nice collection you got there, I'm jealous. :spyder:

I know what models some of those are. I don't know how much they'd sell for today, but if you like I can tell you the names of the ones I know and you can search eBay to see what the average selling price is.