Disapointed with customer service..

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MichaelScott

Re: Disapointed with customer service..

Post by MichaelScott »

Canazes9 wrote:
Evil D wrote:
Daveho wrote:I don’t like the idea of cranking down the pivot and working the action, as I see it the plastic bearings cages could be damaged in doing so
Those plastic bearings only hold the bearings together, they don't bear any load whatsoever.

Canazes9 you wanna talk trash and say they'll just send you junk parts again, just return the knife and move on. Your ****** attitude doesn't help this issue one bit.

As for my work around, it works. Nobody is forcing anyone to do it. These knives also work just fine with the dents and in time the washers will wear in exactly how I forced them to work in, my method just speeds up the process.
We'll have to agree to disagree. The parts are junk. I don't have a knife to return. I think Spyderco is wrong for the way they've handled this issue from the beginning. Continuing to sell substandard knives at the same price and without disclosure as knives that have had the bearing issue corrected will result in pissed off dealers and customers avoiding Spyderco flippers like the plague.

David
Please let me point out that we all understand that you hold a different opinion. What we don’t understand is why you don’t move on, having stated your views, instead of continuing to belabor opinions like “junk”, “substandard”, “pissed off”, “the plague”. We get it. At this point you are coming across like a toddler having a tantrum.

Take a time out. Please return when you can discuss in a more mature way.

Thank you.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

MichaelScott wrote:

Please let me point out that we all understand that you hold a different opinion. What we don’t understand is why you don’t move on, having stated your views, instead of continuing to belabor opinions like “junk”, “substandard”, “pissed off”, “the plague”. We get it. At this point you are coming across like a toddler having a tantrum.

Take a time out. Please return when you can discuss in a more mature way.

Thank you.

If only I could like a post harder.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Why it upsets some spyderco fans that some other spyderco fans have got some sub optimal knives and are unhappy with the current return only, no parts policy is beyond me but your opinion has been counted and for me personally it has indeed altered how I will next consider buying a knife from spyderco as I and many others I’m sure hadn’t given it a second thought that parts would be available for purchase on a knife in this price bracket.
If you feel that’s unreasonable then that’s your prerogative, but there are many who would love to have this offered, as to whether it’s worth spyderco doing that’s up to them, but belittling the opinion of other enthusiasts isn’t beneficial to spyderco or the community as a whole.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Dave, I think you have the wrong idea. I’ve not observed anyone belittling your opinions, merely disagreeing with them and providing supporting evidence for why. I would also suggest that anyone entering into a financial transaction without understanding the terms shouldn’t then complain that they didn’t understand, or know those terms.

I understand that you don’t like Spyderco’s policies. Fine. But perhaps you could let this go and continue to contribute to the overall Spyderco discussions here.

Regards,
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

Team Innovation
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

MichaelScott wrote:I would also suggest that anyone entering into a financial transaction without understanding the terms shouldn’t then complain that they didn’t understand, or know those terms.

Regards,
Good point Michael! :)

I always read the fine print before buying anything, particularly pocket knives. :rolleyes:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Daveho wrote:Why it upsets some spyderco fans that some other spyderco fans have got some sub optimal knives and are unhappy with the current return only, no parts policy is beyond me but your opinion has been counted and for me personally it has indeed altered how I will next consider buying a knife from spyderco as I and many others I’m sure hadn’t given it a second thought that parts would be available for purchase on a knife in this price bracket.
If you feel that’s unreasonable then that’s your prerogative, but there are many who would love to have this offered, as to whether it’s worth spyderco doing that’s up to them, but belittling the opinion of other enthusiasts isn’t beneficial to spyderco or the community as a whole.

Doesn't upset me at all, you can be as unhappy as you want to be. What upsets me is the flat out refusal to accept any advice or any solutions other than what you want and arguing them into the ground. It really makes you out to be someone who's just here to throw a tantrum, regardless of whether you have a legit reason to be upset or not. The bottom line is, you're not gonna get the solution you want, so if you don't want advice from people who have fixed the problem you're having, then you're just out of luck and this thread is then reduced to nothing but pissing and moaning. You said yourself you don't care about the solution I've offered you, so how can anyone see this thread as anything less than a soap box for you to let the world know you're unhappy? This thread is exactly what YOU created it to be, nobody here asked for this.
~David
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Bloke wrote:
MichaelScott wrote:I would also suggest that anyone entering into a financial transaction without understanding the terms shouldn’t then complain that they didn’t understand, or know those terms.

Regards,
Good point Michael! :)

I always read the fine print before buying anything, particularly pocket knives. :rolleyes:
If I’m going to spend three figures on a knife, I **** sure want to know what I am buying and what my remedies will be if there is a problem. Maybe you can afford not to care but some of us can’t. Save your eye rolls for your pals.

Team Innovation
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Evil D wrote:
Daveho wrote:Why it upsets some spyderco fans that some other spyderco fans have got some sub optimal knives and are unhappy with the current return only, no parts policy is beyond me but your opinion has been counted and for me personally it has indeed altered how I will next consider buying a knife from spyderco as I and many others I’m sure hadn’t given it a second thought that parts would be available for purchase on a knife in this price bracket.

Doesn't upset me at all, you can be as unhappy as you want to be. What upsets me is the flat out refusal to accept any advice or any solutions other than what you want and arguing them into the ground. It really makes you out to be someone who's just here to throw a tantrum, regardless of whether you have a legit reason to be upset or not. The bottom line is, you're not gonna get the solution you want, so if you don't want advice from people who have fixed the problem you're having, then you're just out of luck and this thread is then reduced to nothing but pissing and moaning. You said yourself you don't care about the solution I've offered you, so how can anyone see this thread as anything less than a soap box for you to let the world know you're unhappy? This thread is exactly what YOU created it to be, nobody here asked for this.
Well actually spyderco asked for it by providing a medium to interact with their customers, in the future who’s feed back will be considered more value? Mine, wherein I feel there is a significant gap in their service and a potentially profitable area they could expand into, or yours where everyone should shut up and never push for change?
Additionally you have literally no idea about what it’s like in my market or why me needing to spend more money in postage when in my opinion it would be benifical for both parties to make changes seems unreasonable.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Daveho wrote: Well actually spyderco asked for it by providing a medium to interact with their customers, in the future who’s feed back will be considered more value? Mine, wherein I feel there is a significant gap in their service and a potentially profitable area they could expand into, or yours where everyone should shut up and never push for change?
Additionally you have literally no idea about what it’s like in my market or why me needing to spend more money in postage when in my opinion it would be benifical for both parties to make changes seems unreasonable.

I'm not saying change doesn't need to happen, I'm literally just trying to help and I was very polite in doing so until you decided to shut me down and tell me you don't care. From that point on nobody is taking your complaint seriously because you're acting like a brat. This isn't Walmart, you can't get your way by making a scene. Nobody forced you to buy products overseas did they?
~David
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

MichaelScott wrote:If I’m going to spend three figures on a knife, I **** sure want to know what I am buying and what my remedies will be if there is a problem. Maybe you can afford not to care but some of us can’t. Save your eye rolls for your pals.
Everyone's my pal, you included! :)

Everyone also knows that if you have a problem with a Spyderco Knife you bought new, legitimately you contact Spyderco and they fix your problem as best they can.

If you care to go to the beginning of this thread and read my first few posts you may well see that I politely advised a new member that his problem was between him and Spyderco and we the forumites could not help him.

I simply find it amusing that your numerous posts basically state 'Read the Policy' irrespective of how many words you use!

My beloved mother is a pious, God fearing woman and she once told me: Too much hallelujah and even God gets the shits. ;)
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Sometimes one must repeat the obvious.

I edited this post. I think personal jibes are uncalled for. I apologize to anyone who read the other version.

Team Innovation
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

MichaelScott wrote:Sometimes one must repeat the obvious.

I edited this post. I think personal jibes are uncalled for. I apologize to anyone who read the other version.
You're right Michael and it's hard if not impossible to convey the spirit of the jibe in writing.

Face to face I'm tipping we'd laugh. :)
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

A pint of Victoria Bitter would smooth the path…

Team Innovation
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Evil D wrote:
Daveho wrote: Well actually spyderco asked for it by providing a medium to interact with their customers, in the future who’s feed back will be considered more value? Mine, wherein I feel there is a significant gap in their service and a potentially profitable area they could expand into, or yours where everyone should shut up and never push for change?

I'm not saying change doesn't need to happen, I'm literally just trying to help and I was very polite in doing so until you decided to shut me down and tell me you don't care. From that point on nobody is taking your complaint seriously because you're acting like a brat. This isn't Walmart, you can't get your way by making a scene. Nobody forced you to buy products overseas did they?
I don’t care that we disagree, not that you where successful in repairing your knife.
I think you have missinterpreted what my intention was.
I’m glad you got your knife sorted but it’s not the point. as I have said countless times, fixing the knife isn’t a problem for me BUT there are those out there who arnt in my position and it would be a problem for them, additionally and these bearings are a known issue not being able to buy replacements is ugly.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

MichaelScott wrote:A pint of Victoria Bitter would smooth the path…
:cool: :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Daveho wrote: I don’t care that we disagree, not that you where successful in repairing your knife.
I’m glad you got your knife sorted but it’s not the point. as I have said countless times, fixing the knife isn’t a problem for me BUT there are those out there who arnt in my position and it would be a problem for them, additionally and these bearings are a known issue not being able to buy replacements is ugly.

I was simply trying to give you an alternative solution to give you a usable knife. At this point it is now me that doesn't care so happy trails dude.
~David
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

That could be Spydercos Sad bearing policy for aussies, flick us a gift certificate for a pint.
Daveho

Post by Daveho »

Evil D wrote:
Daveho wrote: I don’t care that we disagree, not that you where successful in repairing your knife.

I was simply trying to give you an alternative solution to give you a usable knife. At this point it is now me that doesn't care so happy trails dude.
I understand your intentions are good but it’s missinf the point, like I have said.
I can fix it but it’s disappointing that I have to or pay a comparatively large amount to have them sort it
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Oh GOD no!
sal

Post by sal »

I think maybe it's time to chill. Dave, next time shoot me an email or ask Charlynn to bring me up to date. You are new to this forum and you came in with guns blazing. 5 pages of this could have been avoided. I don't know what forums you are used to, but we try to be civil and courteous here. I'm sorry that you are having problems with your Distributor and we're working on it and other solutions to solve the Oz problems. We have many hundreds of flippers out there that have no problems so it's not all pieces. Let's try to be more effective in the future? Thanx for your input. We'll try to be better in the future.

I've had a bad week also and you were only part of it. Let's try to sort this to a positive end?

sal