KC Manix 2 S90V Dlc coated G10 Sprint Run

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dodgie02

KC Manix 2 S90V Dlc coated G10 Sprint Run

Post by dodgie02 »

KC has added a new edition of the manix 2 to their lineup. The specs are as following:

Blade Length: 3.375"
Cutting Edge: 2.88"
Closed Length: 4.625"
Overall Length: 8"
Blade Thickness: 0.13"
Blade Material: CPM-S90V Stainless Steel
Blade Finish: Black DLC
Handle Material: Black and Brown Burled G10
Weight: 4.9 oz.

Liners are there, which I prefer in my normal manix, and the dlc with the almost natural looking camo makes me think about predatory felines, yet subtle. Nice package, its got the looks, but I would have preferred something else then s90v.

Thoughts?
elena86

Re: KC Manix 2 S90V Dlc coated G10 Sprint Run

Post by elena86 »

Bleaks :eek:
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

All these DLC options after so many years of begging to get them, now I don't want them anymore and they're doing everything in DLC.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Cool looking knife, I like the Manix design and like the function of the cbbl. Wish they made a smaller version though. I think I would like a Manix "3" even more than I like my Para "3".
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Tabo

Post by Tabo »

Just so we don’t have two threads going on the same knife.
//forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... =2&t=77585
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

Tabo wrote:Just so we don’t have two threads going on the same knife.
//forum.spyderco.com/viewto ... =2&t=77585
My apologies, I did look but I not well enough it appears. Sorry.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I actually really like the pattern on the scales. But s90v isn't my first choice for steel (not my last either), and I'm not sure why they coated the stainless steel.

I wish I could get the scales from this one on the KW exclusive blade (the 52100 one). Maybe I'll get both and do a franken-manix.
Carlito555

Post by Carlito555 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:Cool looking knife, I like the Manix design and like the function of the cbbl. Wish they made a smaller version though. I think I would like a Manix "3" even more than I like my Para "3".
You can get by with a native 5 and call it a manix 3...maybe miss the ball bearing though eh?
dodgie02

Post by dodgie02 »

TomAiello wrote:I actually really like the pattern on the scales. But s90v isn't my first choice for steel (not my last either), and I'm not sure why they coated the stainless steel.

I wish I could get the scales from this one on the KW exclusive blade (the 52100 one). Maybe I'll get both and do a franken-manix.
I'm actually a big fan of the scales too, I reckon the dlc is also added for the aesthetic whole look. Thing is, I own 2 in S110V as well so I rather saw something else. M390 would've been great, or perhaps 8Cr13MoV as a 23rd choice. But really, an exotic choice of steel would've fit the exotic handle nicely. However complaining about all this s90v, m4, cruwear and the likes at the price/quality of spydercos is like complaining the weather could've done with a stronger breeze on a nice sunny sunny day. I got my preorder in and sleep on it tonight. There are some other spydercos I'm interested in, but I carry a manix lw daily, the g10 one has a story behind it and I intend to keep it in great shape for my brother to get it passed on once he's old enough. But ****, the weight, feel, smoothness, ergos and performance astound me. I reckon having a second one in 90v to carry and use hard every day is something I'll enjoy a lot. Yeah I'll take it..
--

And a mini manix 2? Definitely the native 5. I prefer it lightweight and with S35v, and I put the ergonomic feel right up there with the manix 2. Both are sublime, and the lw n5 S35v goes for a buck more then a delica. You can't go wrong unless you want more weight in the hand. It's the only smaller knife I switch into rotation over the caly 3 sometimes.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Carlito555 wrote:
ZrowsN1s wrote:Cool looking knife, I like the Manix design and like the function of the cbbl. Wish they made a smaller version though. I think I would like a Manix "3" even more than I like my Para "3".
You can get by with a native 5 and call it a manix 3...maybe miss the ball bearing though eh?
Yeah I'm after a smaller knife with a cbbl. A native with a cbbl might be interesting, but I like the manix, it's just a little big for me.

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

This version interests me much more than the coated 52100 model. I may have to pick one up.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Carlito555 wrote:
Yeah I'm after a smaller knife with a cbbl. A native with a cbbl might be interesting, but I like the manix, it's just a little big for me.
Have you tried the Sage 3 ? the bolt action operates about like a CBBL and the knife is a lot like a small Manix 2.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

That's close, but not quite there. I want a cbbl, and I really want a smaller manix, not something similar in size to a small manix. I prefer Golden Knives too :D

DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

ZrowsN1s wrote:That's close, but not quite there. I want a cbbl, and I really want a smaller manix, not something similar in size to a small manix. I prefer Golden Knives too :D
Have to admit a smaller Manix would be irresistible. Also, the sage handle is only about 1/4 " smaller than a Manix.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
the Southerner

Post by the Southerner »

dodgie02 wrote: but I would have preferred something else then s90v.

Thoughts?
I remember the days when S90V was considered a holy unicorn steel that everyone everywhere wanted.
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

the Southerner wrote:
dodgie02 wrote: but I would have preferred something else then s90v.

Thoughts?
I remember the days when S90V was considered a holy unicorn steel that everyone everywhere wanted.
I don't.

It's S110v's ugly step sister.

David
the Southerner

Post by the Southerner »

Canazes9 wrote:

David
Thanks for proving my point, and your statement is frankly meaningless.
Canazes9

Post by Canazes9 »

the Southerner wrote:
Canazes9 wrote:

David
Thanks for proving my point, and your statement is frankly meaningless.
???

Please elaborate.

David
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

ZrowsN1s wrote:
Carlito555 wrote:
Chaparral sized Spyderco with a CBBL is a dream knife for me. :)