yojimbo question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
lonlymac

yojimbo question

Post by lonlymac »

Im new to buying knifes. I just bought a delica 4 and love it. Its my first spyderco and i want more. I was at a local gun show and came across someone selling knifes and i saw this yojimbo. The guy said it was used and i bought it for a good price. When i got home i started looking for more info on it. After looking, i think i bought a fake. Like i said, im new to all this. Any help would be appreciated
IMG_0991.jpg
IMG_0989.jpg
IMG_0990.jpg
thewoodpecker

Re: yojimbo question

Post by thewoodpecker »

Yeah, that's a fake. The color of the digi cam looks off for Spyderco but it's a moot point because the Yojimbo hasn't been produced in camo. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. http://spydiewiki.com/index.php?title=C85_Yojimbo
Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue user, Astute enthusiast, and geometry advocate.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Yup. Very fake.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Boy not just fake that's a really bad attempt too. Something about this knife in digicam doesn't sit well with me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

:( that's a fake.
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
vivi

Post by vivi »

Definitely fake, blade shape is off and it doesn't sit right in relation to the handle when closed, digicam aside.

Gotta be careful, there are fakes at gun shows, on ebay, and even on amazon sometimes. Best to stick to trusted, authorized dealers. I've had good luck with New Graham Knives and Knifeworks.
:unicorn
lonlymac

Post by lonlymac »

Thanks for the help. Thats what i thought. Ive been in touch with the guy i bought it from. He wants to take a look at it. We will see what happens
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

lonlymac wrote:Thanks for the help. Thats what i thought. Ive been in touch with the guy i bought it from. He wants to take a look at it. We will see what happens
He knows it’s fake.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yeah what does he need to look at? Lol
~David
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Sorry you got duped. If you got it on the super-cheap (less than $30) it might make a good beat around knife. On the other hand, it really sucks that these things are out there.

And a belated welcome to the forum, glad to have you!
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

BrianMcCord wrote:Sorry you got duped. If you got it on the super-cheap (less than $30) it might make a good beat around knife. On the other hand, it really sucks that these things are out there.

And a belated welcome to the forum, glad to have you!
It won’t make a good anything. He should just destroy it or get his money back.

@liquid_cobra
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yep, get your money back. Don't support the counterfeit machine in any way.
~David