Spyderco Addiction: How do you define it?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SpyderEdgeForever

Spyderco Addiction: How do you define it?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

How do you define a habit vs addiction vs deep interest for someone collecting and using Spyderco knives?

Example: If a person decides to eat the cheapest possible food so they can spend the funds on a new Spyderco knife instead, is that an addiction or a serious habit or how do you define it?

Example: Peter the Spyderco fan decides to eat peanut butter sandwiches instead of steak or fish or chicken, so he can save up to buy a brand new Spyderco Military. Is that an addiction or what?
TriggerThumb

Re: Spyderco Addiction: How do you define it?

Post by TriggerThumb »

Imo, I could probably get by with a $10 opinel for many years. The fact that I even bother spending more once, let alone many times, on spyderco means that to me I am both deeply interested and addicted. But I can afford it too. If you don't eat for a week so you can afford the best knife possible because you know it's the appropriate tool for your needs, maybe you're just smart. But if you do it every week when you don't need to say, for your vocation, you're addicted. But it's still your choice if you want to die of starvation and be buried covered in some lovely knives :)
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-Henry David Thoreau
acer

Post by acer »

Spyderco addiction= looking into next Spyderco knife purchase, before last next day delivery spyderco knife order has arrived on your door step. :D Still having fun . Waiting patiently for Atr 2 . Over and in out
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Spyderco addiction=dopamine hit
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

I had a large bill this month that I could not pay in full, so I bought an Efficient to ease the pain. Financially irresponsible, I know...a fixed income is a PITA sometimes.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder: