P3 S90V CF

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SF Native

Re: P3 S90V CF

Post by SF Native »

Mine arrived today.
It’s pretty nice. Liking the peel ply.
kooldood420

Post by kooldood420 »

gpknives has them in stock just picked up 1 more

makes 3 for me, 1 to rock, 1 to stock and 1 more to stock!
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

Got mine today. Nice knife.
ZrowsN1s

Post by ZrowsN1s »

Ok knife retailers, look at this one and look at the cruwear para 3 and how fast they sold out!
More Para 3 Sprints and Exclusives please :D

Jade M4? Red and M390? Red and K390?
-Matt a.k.a. Lo_Que, loadedquestions135 I ❤ The P'KAL :bug-red

"The world of edges has a small doorway in, but opens into a cavern that is both wide and deep." -sal
"Ghost hunters scope the edge." -sal
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Disappointed with GP that they’re listing at that higher price.

KnivesPlus has them at the lower price.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Popsickle wrote:
jdw wrote:There is the possibility of pricing yourself out of business. I am around 50 and one of the things that I have always loved most about Spyderco was how high quality of a product that you can get for a reasonable cost. If Spyderco, as a company, wants to follow the business model of gouging every cent they can then the product is that less attractive....and before I hear any 'troll' calls, I have been buying Spyderco longer than a lot of you are alive.

Haven’t been back here in awhile and read this..... spot on.
My initial thoughts were:

1. $200 is not bad for S90V and Carbon Fiber. The Cruwear Para was more expensive and that was before the MAP increase.
2. I don't really want one.
3. Once this thing sells out, if it is anything like everything else, I don't feel like paying $400+ for one on the secondary market.
4. $200 is not bad compared to what the secondary market thinks this thing is worth.
5. I know that people don't love the Para 3 like they do the Para 2, so it will never sell for as much as a S90V Para 2.
6. The S110V production models hurt the S90V versions.

Heck, I'd be happier with a Blurple S110V or wait for a Cutlery Shoppe Orange S90V version and also save myself some money.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
elena86

Post by elena86 »

I will save my money for the Elmax variant. I only pray for a sprint not an exclusive.
Marius

" A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it "
( Rabindranath Tagore )

Proud member of the old school spyderedge nation :bug-white-red
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Donut wrote:
Popsickle wrote:
jdw wrote:There is the possibility of pricing yourself out of business. I am around 50 and one of the things that I have always loved most about Spyderco was how high quality of a product that you can get for a reasonable cost. If Spyderco, as a company, wants to follow the business model of gouging every cent they can then the product is that less attractive....and before I hear any 'troll' calls, I have been buying Spyderco longer than a lot of you are alive.

1. $200 is not bad for S90V and Carbon Fiber. The Cruwear Para was more expensive and that was before the MAP increase.
3. Once this thing sells out, if it is anything like everything else, I don't feel like paying $400+ for one on the secondary market.
4. $200 is not bad compared to what the secondary market thinks this thing is worth.
5. I know that people don't love the Para 3 like they do the Para 2, so it will never sell for as much as a S90V Para 2.

Heck, I'd be happier with a Blurple S110V or wait for a Cutlery Shoppe Orange S90V version and also save myself some money.

In regard to point number 1, which Para are you referring to? PM2 or Para 3?
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

SSD_777 wrote:
Donut wrote:
Popsickle wrote:

The Para 3 Cruwear was $126 or so street price.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

Molle Ninja wrote:
SSD_777 wrote:
Donut wrote:
Popsickle wrote:

The Para 3 Cruwear was $126 or so street price.
That's exactly where I was going with my question. That's a lot less than $200. The PM2 Cruwear was $143.97. Both Cruwear options were a steal in my book. The CF S90V is a great knife. Time will tell where the secondary market prices end up.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

I agree—the Cruwear models were way resonable for what they were/are. I’m glad I still have one of each.
ucfgrad93

Post by ucfgrad93 »

Apparently, DLT Trading has them as well for $207.95.

http://www.dlttrading.com/spyderco-para ... s90v-blade
GH9000

Post by GH9000 »

Got mine on Monday. It’s really nice. Anyone else notice the non cutting blade edges are rounding slightly leaving no sharp edges everywhere. It’s really awesome.
Donut

Post by Donut »

The Carbon Fiber Cruwear was $220ish. Or was that a Manix?

I do get some of the sprints mixed up.

*edit* No, it was M4 Carbon Fiber Para 2 for $219.95.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Donut wrote:The Carbon Fiber Cruwear was $220ish. Or was that a Manix?

I do get some of the sprints mixed up.

*edit* No, it was M4 Carbon Fiber Para 2 for $219.95.
Ok, I guess the similar para 3 is about $20 less than a comparable pm2. So $200 is about right.
Good to know.
kooldood420

Post by kooldood420 »

this thing is NICE...well worth the wait
RamZar

Post by RamZar »

BladeHQ got some more in stock for $191.97 shipped.

https://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco- ... ife--71265
  • I welcome dialog, as long as it remains cordial, constructive and is conducted in a civilized manner. - Titanic: Blood & Steel
  • You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I wonder if this is a slow release, rather than the fact that they are selling out quickly. Seems like the same thing happened with recent Caly3 sprint, but ended up being in stock months after.
Molle Ninja

Post by Molle Ninja »

Got mine coming today. Will take pictures and report back my impressions.
SSD_777

Post by SSD_777 »

In stock at National Knives if you want to support a smaller dealer. $191.97

http://www.nationalknives.com/spyderco- ... er-handle/