Wharncliffe Salt Coming Soon (in LC200N)?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jazz

Re: Wharncliffe Salt Coming Soon?

Post by Jazz »

tangent wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:20 am
Here are my two S30V 'Salt' Wharny knife creations...I quite like these. Plain edge in steel that holds an edge a lot longer than H1 in the much preferred linerless handle. Looking forward to the same knife in LC200N.

Nice, bro. We think alike. Mine’s VG-10. I like VG-10 a lot... and these yellow, light handles are fantastic.

- best wishes, Jazz.
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

Jazz wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:38 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:14 am

Jazz those 3D pictures are amazing.

Thank you. Not related, but I was whittling with a Spyderco right before this pic, so it’s okay to post. :p This one’s my favourite. It’s a train trestle (turned into a walking bridge) near Kelowna.

Very nice!

The other day I bought a framed 3D picture of a tropical beach with palm trees and turquoise water. It reminds me of the Bahamas. Almost looks like you could step through right into another world.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
tangent

Post by tangent »

Jazz wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:44 pm
tangent wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:20 am
Here are my two S30V 'Salt' Wharny knife creations...I quite like these. Plain edge in steel that holds an edge a lot longer than H1 in the much preferred linerless handle. Looking forward to the same knife in LC200N.

Nice, bro. We think alike. Mine’s VG-10. I like VG-10 a lot... and these yellow, light handles are fantastic.

Yeah...I know for some, the difference between the linerless handles and the regular lined Delica handles is not a big deal. For me though, the difference is significant. Worth the effort and money spent...but will be nice when I can just buy it like that in the first place. :)
tangent

Re: Wharncliffe Salt Coming Soon (in LC200N)?

Post by tangent »

Any chance we'll be seeing one of these in LC200N? I bought one in serrated H1, but really prefer LC200N in plain edge due to the ability to flat grind and the edge retention advantage. I was going to create a new thread, but it seemed more appropriate to simply reopen my old thread. :)
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

Anybody know if there is a lc200n salt warncliffe in the works?
Id like a salt Warncliffe but don't know if I should wait for a green lc200n version if its coming out, of buy one in the lesser H1 steel now if its not going to happen?
Thanks
araneae

Post by araneae »

I'd say the SE H1 is the way to go for a wharnie Salt 2.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Salty Dog

Post by Salty Dog »

araneae wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:51 pm
I'd say the SE H1 is the way to go for a wharnie Salt 2.
Thanks mate, don't think I can hold out for a lc200n, serrations seem to be the way to go in H1, from what ive researched.
tangent

Post by tangent »

I am convinced that Spyderco is delaying the release of the Salt 2 in LC200N (and the Wharncliffe variation). They know everyone wants these versions more than the Pacific Salt. So they release the Pac Salt because they know people will buy it out of curiosity and then also buy the smaller, more popular versions later. It's kind of annoying to be completely honest. Don't get me wrong...I am a Spyderco fanboy...but I wish they would give us these models that we are all clamoring for.

Am I wrong? (Entirely possible :))
James Y

Post by James Y »

tangent wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:50 am
I am convinced that Spyderco is delaying the release of the Salt 2 in LC200N (and the Wharncliffe variation). They know everyone wants these versions more than the Pacific Salt. So they release the Pac Salt because they know people will buy it out of curiosity and then also buy the smaller, more popular versions later. It's kind of annoying to be completely honest. Don't get me wrong...I am a Spyderco fanboy...but I wish they would give us these models that we are all clamoring for.

I don’t know if the smaller models are more popular. The Pac Salt is an extremely popular model. If the smaller ones were released first, people would be clamoring for the Pac Salt.

Perhaps Spyderco is working to correct some of the QC problems that some of the new LC200N Pac Salts have been having, so hopefully they won’t happen with any other LC200N Salt releases.

Jim
tangent

Post by tangent »

James Y wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:40 pm
tangent wrote:

I don’t know if the smaller models are more popular. The Pac Salt is an extremely popular model. If the smaller ones were released first, people would be clamoring for the Pac Salt.

Perhaps Spyderco is working to correct some of the QC problems that some of the new LC200N Pac Salts have been having, so hopefully they won’t happen with any other LC200N Salt releases.

Jim
Oh no...really? Wasn't aware of that...and I just ordered a PacSalt!

My post sounds like I am a conspiracy theorist! Don't intend for it to sound that way, but I've been waiting for this LC200N Salt 2 for 3 years!
James Y

Post by James Y »

tangent wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:10 pm
James Y wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:40 pm
tangent wrote:

Jim
Oh no...really? Wasn't aware of that...and I just ordered a PacSalt!

My post sounds like I am a conspiracy theorist! Don't intend for it to sound that way, but I've been waiting for this LC200N Salt 2 for 3 years!

There were some owners whose LC200N Pac Salts had excessive blade play; some arrived with the screws loose (easy enough too fix, but still...), etc. But don’t fret! There have also been new owners whose knives came perfect, according to them, so yours may be one of the perfect ones! :)

Jim
tangent

Post by tangent »

PacSalt 2 (LC200N) came in today...pivot was a little loose...but I tightened it and really like the knife.