spyderco sure is sucking

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Carbon85

spyderco sure is sucking

Post by Carbon85 »

cmon guys

all these new models...try to release the 12 knives that are overdue instead of loading everyone up with potential pre-orders

its getting irritating
toxophilus

Re: spyderco sure is sucking

Post by toxophilus »

They are sucking some money out of my account :D

Loving the Manix 2 M4 DLC :cool:

Thx Spyderco!!!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Carbon85 wrote:cmon guys

all these new models...try to release the 12 knives that are overdue instead of loading everyone up with potential pre-orders

its getting irritating
I think the dealers are the ones who have the liberty to open pre-orders. We see this from time to time, some 2017 models don't hit the shelves until after some 2018s have already arrived. I am sure this is due to rearrangements in the delivery schedule based on production, quality, shipping, etc.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Carbon85

Post by Carbon85 »

honestly the delay of the para3 sprint in CF has made me lose complete interest in the company

terrible, absolutely terrible way its been handled...
SG89

Post by SG89 »

we've been waiting on the Rhino longer than you have been waiting on the Para3 sprint yet we don't whine... interesting...
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

Carbon85 wrote:honestly the delay of the para3 sprint in CF has made me lose complete interest in the company

terrible, absolutely terrible way its been handled...
Tantrum much. LOL
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'm getting so frustrated that I had to buy a lil Lionspy...

They sure are sucking...dollars out of my bank account.
Last edited by TomAiello on Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Great expectations lead to great dissapointments.

Patience grasshopper. :)
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
SharpieB

Post by SharpieB »

I hope they only make knives that I loathe moving forward. I think I bought 18 Spyderco/Byrds.... in the last 3 months! :eek:
Termite Toothpick

Post by Termite Toothpick »

Spydergirl88 wrote:we've been waiting on the Rhino longer than you have been waiting on the Para3 sprint yet we don't whine... interesting...
Hmmm, well stated! :rolleyes:
Dragonfly G-10, Blurple PM2, Para3, Jani-Song, Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, Lil' Native, Chaparral LW, Delica WC HAP40, Para3 M4, HH UKPK S30V, Para3 LW, Para3 LW M390, Meerkat V-TOKU2, M4 Sage 5 LW, Urban Ivory Damasteel, Leaf Storm

:bug-white-red -Derek
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Millennials :D

Does no one remember the great wait of 2010? The coveted KW G-10 / Ti / CPM-M4 Military? Now that was a long wait. Well worth it, though.
mattman

Post by mattman »

Carbon85 wrote:cmon guys

its getting irritating
Almost as irritating as someone complaining about the wait, yet to lazy to punctuate, or use the excruciatingly difficult to operate "shift key"...

Smh.
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

Spydergirl88 wrote:we've been waiting on the Rhino longer than you have been waiting on the Para3 sprint yet we don't whine... interesting...
There must be something in the water, there have been a lot of these jokers lately. Just let him have his fit, Momma Kristi will give him a timeout, and maybe he'll come back with some manners.
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
Holland

Post by Holland »

WireEdge Roger wrote:Millennials :D

Does no one remember the great wait of 2010? The coveted KW G-10 / Ti / CPM-M4 Military? Now that was a long wait. Well worth it, though.
That was before my time. Was it a linger wait than the green 204p para2? That preorder was over a year if I remember correctly
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Check out the OP's post history. Mostly just him crying over knives not being released yet or chastising Sal for answering questions instead of getting the knife he wants made. You know, because Sal is the guy physically building all the knives and any minute spent on the forum is one minute less that knives get built.

And even though he's "[lost] complete interest in [Spyderco]", somehow he's still making time to come here and complain. I mean, I'm not going to tell him how to spend his time, but when I'm uninterested in something, I don't spend any of my time paying attention to and posting about the uninteresting thing. I'd much rather invest my time into stuff that interests me. :rolleyes:
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
BIGSTRETCH

Post by BIGSTRETCH »

I don't mind the wait if it takes that long to get it right. Hopefully they are testing heat treats and such on the sprint runs.
Donut

Post by Donut »

It will come when it comes. Try hanging out here for 10 years. :o
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Donut wrote:It will come when it comes. Try hanging out here for 10 years. :o
Exactly. Not that I have been here that long. But waiting for the good releases or deals on discontinued knives is all part of the game.
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

jabba359 wrote:Check out the OP's post history. Mostly just him crying over knives not being released yet or chastising Sal for answering questions instead of getting the knife he wants made. You know, because Sal is the guy physically building all the knives and any minute spent on the forum is one minute less that knives get built.

And even though he's "[lost] complete interest in [Spyderco]", somehow he's still making time to come here and complain. I mean, I'm not going to tell him how to spend his time, but when I'm uninterested in something, I don't spend any of my time paying attention to and posting about the uninteresting thing. I'd much rather invest my time into stuff that interests me. :rolleyes:

So he's a professional troll.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

jabba359 wrote:Check out the OP's post history. Mostly just him crying over knives not being released yet or chastising Sal for answering questions instead of getting the knife he wants made. You know, because Sal is the guy physically building all the knives and any minute spent on the forum is one minute less that knives get built.

Thanks for reminding me to do this Kyle.... when things start to smell. Go go gadget Ignore!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*