spyderco sure is sucking

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
npad69

Re: spyderco sure is sucking

Post by npad69 »

WireEdge Roger wrote:Millennials :D
I thought that was just some kind of myth babyboomers use to poke fun of current generation of kids on YouTube. Now I finally confirmed it with my own eyes.
So glad I'm a genXer
Carbon85

Post by Carbon85 »

xceptnl wrote:
jabba359 wrote:Check out the OP's post history. Mostly just him crying over knives not being released yet or chastising Sal for answering questions instead of getting the knife he wants made. You know, because Sal is the guy physically building all the knives and any minute spent on the forum is one minute less that knives get built.

And even though he's "[lost] complete interest in [Spyderco]", somehow he's still making time to come here and complain. I mean, I'm not going to tell him how to spend his time, but when I'm uninterested in something, I don't spend any of my time paying attention to and posting about the uninteresting thing. I'd much rather invest my time into stuff that interests me. :rolleyes:
Thanks for reminding me to do this Kyle.... when things start to smell. Go go gadget Ignore!

go go go **** yourself! :D :eek: :mad:
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Carbon85 wrote: go go go **** yourself! :D :eek: :mad:
I can only assume you mean a 4-letter "f" word. So I decided to heed your advice and feed myself. Pizza has been consumed. Cheesy bread sticks have been ingested. I am no longer hungry. Life is better now.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

Woe.. Spydercos delayed.. Never mind IS, Syria, North Korea etc etc, we're talking BIG woes here!
</irony>
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Ladies and gentlemen, The Kinks!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64hWng2vM
:spyder:
curlyhairedboy

Post by curlyhairedboy »

delay = more time to save up.
EDC Rotation: PITS, Damasteel Urban, Shaman, Ikuchi, Amalgam, CruCarta Shaman, Sage 5 LW, Serrated Caribbean Sheepsfoot CQI, XHP Shaman, M4/Micarta Shaman, 15v Shaman
Fixed Blades: Proficient, Magnacut Mule
Special and Sentimental: Southard, Squarehead LW, Ouroboros, Calendar Para 3 LW, 40th Anniversary Native, Ti Native, Calendar Watu, Tanto PM2
Would like to own again: CQI Caribbean Sheepsfoot PE, Watu
Wishlist: Magnacut, Shaman Sprints!
ross8425

Post by ross8425 »

Is this for real?
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

Carbon85 wrote:cmon guys

all these new models...try to release the 12 knives that are overdue instead of loading everyone up with potential pre-orders

its getting irritating
Safe to say this didn't go like you thought it would?
5-by-5

Post by 5-by-5 »

twinboysdad wrote:
Carbon85 wrote:cmon guys

all these new models...try to release the 12 knives that are overdue instead of loading everyone up with potential pre-orders

its getting irritating
Safe to say this didn't go like you thought it would?
Not bright enough to realize that pre-orders have nothing to do with Spyderco. LOL
adancingmonkey

Post by adancingmonkey »

5-by-5 wrote:
Carbon85 wrote:honestly the delay of the para3 sprint in CF has made me lose complete interest in the company

terrible, absolutely terrible way its been handled...
Tantrum much. LOL
I think “The Tantrum” would be a great name for a knife. If it existed what would it look like and what would the steel be?
Current favorite: Manix 2 with carbon fiber scales and cru-ware.
sal

Post by sal »

Perhaps some explanation?

We are in a somewhat unique position. We work with a number of makers in Japan, Taiwan, Italy and China in addition to our plant in Golden. These are long time partners. we have helped each other over many years. Some are 3 & 4 generations. This gives us the ability to make a larger number of models in any given year. We also like to work with collaborators in designs. This gives us variety in our designs and lets the designers have a larger megaphone while making their way. This also gives our customers a larger pallet of product, all high quality for our customers to choose from.

This requires fair amount of coordination in R&D, product development, shipping steels all over the world of different types and thicknesses. Q.C.ing everything all along the way. Different makers work at different rates, different foundries the same, some designs are harder to make, etc. We try to bring out the models in an orderly manner, but do to the constraints listed above, it is not always possible.

sal
BrianMcCord

Post by BrianMcCord »

I wish I could find this 'high road'...
-Brian

Son's Collection: H1 Rescue Manbug, Tenacious

Rescue 79mm Orange, Cat BD-1, Effecient, Pingo Orange FRN, T-Mag, Urban K390, Lil' Native, Sliverax, Para 3 S110V, Caly 3 HAP 40, R Nishijin, Mantra, Manix 2 LW S110V, Manix 2 Black, Delica 4 Black, PM2 Digi, PM2 Black, Yojimbo 2, Native 5 LW, Dragonfly 2, Military 204P, Wolfspyder, Techno, HAP 40 Ladybug, H1 Hawkbill Ladybug, Blue Persistence, Bradley 2, UKPK SE Gin-1

Looking for an Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom Native. :spyder:
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Nate wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, The Kinks!!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz64hWng2vM
Kinks are always a welcome distraction.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

BrianMcCord wrote:I wish I could find this 'high road'...
Lol, you do seem to jump right in.
Carbon85

Post by Carbon85 »

sal wrote:Perhaps some explanation?

We are in a somewhat unique position. We work with a number of makers in Japan, Taiwan, Italy and China in addition to our plant in Golden. These are long time partners. we have helped each other over many years. Some are 3 & 4 generations. This gives us the ability to make a larger number of models in any given year. We also like to work with collaborators in designs. This gives us variety in our designs and lets the designers have a larger megaphone while making their way. This also gives our customers a larger pallet of product, all high quality for our customers to choose from.

This requires fair amount of coordination in R&D, product development, shipping steels all over the world of different types and thicknesses. Q.C.ing everything all along the way. Different makers work at different rates, different foundries the same, some designs are harder to make, etc. We try to bring out the models in an orderly manner, but do to the constraints listed above, it is not always possible.

sal
pretty sure the s90v / cf sprint is done in golden

you guys dont have your **** together tight enough to where a US made knife cannot come to market in time?

screwed the pooch on the rhino, now this...

*EDITED Language* - TazKristi
restless ghost

Post by restless ghost »

And how many 1,000s of perfect knives is your company cranking out? The problem here is you are "pretty sure" about everything, yet know nothing.
Whitetail addict

Post by Whitetail addict »

Carbon85 wrote:
sal wrote:Perhaps some explanation?

sal
pretty sure the s90v / cf sprint is done in golden

you guys dont have your **** together tight enough to where a US made knife cannot come to market in time?

screwed the pooch on the rhino, now this...
Bud, ya gotta understand that spyderco has at least 5 factorys making knives, patience is key especially when its a sprint. Have some manners especially when you're talking to the man him self Mr. Sal Glesser.
@martial_logan on the instagram.
SF Native

Post by SF Native »

Pretty sure kristi is going to give you a time out in about three, two,...

And for the record, I buy spyderco because of the rhino. It’s a model no other maker would bring to the market and sal has the cajones to drop a whole shipment instead of releasing them when they didn’t meet his standard. That’s not screwing the pooch, it’s credibilty.
Rpp

Post by Rpp »

Huge disappointment with the Rhino
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

jabba359 wrote:
Carbon85 wrote: go go go **** yourself! :D :eek: :mad:
I can only assume you mean a 4-letter "f" word. So I decided to heed your advice and feed myself. Pizza has been consumed. Cheesy bread sticks have been ingested. I am no longer hungry. Life is better now.
I too guessed he meant FEED. Just reheated some Mississippi roast for my lunch while on my lunch break. Those who haven't tried one of these before should make one.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*