recomendations for deep carry wire clip for my Manix 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
mjdragonfly

recomendations for deep carry wire clip for my Manix 2

Post by mjdragonfly »

Hello: I am wanting to see if any of you have successfully been able to obtain a deeper pocket carry on a Manix 2 and Dragongly 2 with a deep carry style wire clip from another Spyderco knife. I figure that way I can easily purchase a new clip(s) from Spyderco and swap them for the stock clips on my Manix 2 and Dragonfly 2.
I see that there are a fair number of Spyderco knives with deep carry style wire clips among them the Mantra,Chapparral,Urban,Positron,Sysz Bowir, Byrd Tern,Caly3.5 and Sage 5 to name a few. My question is which will fit in the mount of my Manix 2 and Dragonfly 2? Does anyone know if all these clips are the same diametre wire? Has anybody measured the length of any of these clips so that a new wire clip could be matched up to another knife? Longer clips would be a nice upgrade for use on a wide belt as well as in pocket use.
Along the same vein does anyone know of a custom clip maker who builds a wire clip that has a matching three screw mount for a knife like the Delica 4, Endura, Para 3 or PM2 for example? I have been looking without success. Anybody making their own or know of others building? I have found a couple of you tube videos of diy builds using SS spoke wire. Thank you for any ideas suggestions info or direction.
Calgary on the Bow
mattman

Re: recomendations for deep carry wire clip for my Manix 2

Post by mattman »

If you have the LW Manix 2, I believe the clip from the Foundry is the answer. (Long enough to still land on the "anti-shred" oval.
Never looked into replacing the DF clip, but I'm sure someone has, and will report in soon...
Mastermachetier

Post by Mastermachetier »

you can get the on for the Spyderco C160P Carpenter Foundry

mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Thank you both very much that is what I am looking for for my Manix 2 light weight!
Anybody put a deep carry style wire clip onto their Dragonfly 2? Then if I can find deep carry wire clips to work on my Delica 4 and an Endura I will be all set.
Calgary on the Bow
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

mjdragonfly wrote:Thank you both very much that is what I am looking for for my Manix 2 light weight!
Anybody put a deep carry style wire clip onto their Dragonfly 2? Then if I can find deep carry wire clips to work on my Delica 4 and an Endura I will be all set.

I don't think I've ever seen wire clips for these, only spoon, I know MXG Gear has them. You would probably have to go totally custom for wire.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

farnorthdan wrote:
mjdragonfly wrote:Thank you both very much that is what I am looking for for my Manix 2 light weight!

I don't think I've ever seen wire clips for these, only spoon, I know MXG Gear has them. You would probably have to go totally custom for wire.
I expect that you are right about totally custom wire clips for the three screw mount style knives like Delica 4, Endura Para 3 and PM2 etc..
So far on my Delica 4 swapping the factory clip to the pivot end of the knife as opposed to the factory installed tip up location drops the knife a fair amount deeper into the pocket and I find it easier to extract the knife from my pocket this way around as that end of the knife is more bulbous and less pointy compared to the tip end so there is simply more knife to grab that way.
Calgary on the Bow
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Mastermachetier wrote:you can get the on for the Spyderco C160P Carpenter Foundry

Loving the knife pile... Very familiar sight :D
koenigsegg

Post by koenigsegg »

Mastermachetier wrote:you can get the on for the Spyderco C160P Carpenter Foundry

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's desk looks like this at work! haha I usually carry my Manix in my back pocket and I always feel like it sticks out too much I might have to pick up one of these clips.

I really wish that they would do all models with wire clips and see which sell more like they are doing with the Lil Native :)
S30V, VG10, M4, XHP, BD1, Cruwear, Elmax, Maxamet, 204P, H1, K390, A11, Rex45, LC200N, M390, 20CV, BD1N, S45VN waiting to afford MagnaCut
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Chaparral is what I used.. Fits like it was made too.. John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Thank you John (jmh58) that's good to know.
Calgary on the Bow
Mastermachetier

Post by Mastermachetier »

koenigsegg wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's desk looks like this at work! haha I usually carry my Manix in my back pocket and I always feel like it sticks out too much I might have to pick up one of these clips.

I really wish that they would do all models with wire clips and see which sell more like they are doing with the Lil Native :)

Haha It helps that I work from home. If you saw a zoom out of the desk most people would get anxious due to the amount of stuff on them !
blendergasket

Post by blendergasket »

I'd love a deep carry clip for my LW. I don't have a foundry or any of the other knives mentioned in this thread. Is there somewhere I can buy the clip sans knife?
mattman

Post by mattman »

blendergasket wrote:

I'd love a deep carry clip for my LW. I don't have a foundry or any of the other knives mentioned in this thread. Is there somewhere I can buy the clip sans knife?
Yup.
Spyderco Factory Outlet.
blendergasket

Post by blendergasket »

mattman wrote:Spyderco Factory Outlet.
Thanks for the info! Is there a way to order them online? Or do I have an excuse to visit Colorado?
blueblur

Post by blueblur »

blendergasket wrote:
Thanks for the info! Is there a way to order them online? Or do I have an excuse to visit Colorado?
Just give them a call and order it over the phone.
mattman

Post by mattman »

blendergasket wrote:
Here ya go!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Spyderco+factory+outlet
blendergasket

Post by blendergasket »

blueblur wrote:Just give them a call and order it over the phone.
Sounds good, since it doesn't seem that I can order it online I'll do that. Thank you!
bpahk

Post by bpahk »

56056D2A-A128-4789-A9DF-A9FE7523976E.jpeg
Fits like it was made for it
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

bpahk wrote:56056D2A-A128-4789-A9DF-A9FE7523976E.jpeg
Hey that's great they are even black which sure works for me more than shiny metal. So which knife were those clips from?
Calgary on the Bow
bpahk

Post by bpahk »

mjdragonfly wrote:
bpahk wrote:56056D2A-A128-4789-A9DF-A9FE7523976E.jpeg
Hey that's great they are even black which sure works for me more than shiny metal. So which knife were those clips from?
When I ordered the spare clips from sfo I asked for the sage 1 clips. I'm fairly certain it's the same ones used on the chaparral too