The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Post by Mad Mac »

The tag line on this can is, "There's always time for a Swifty."
I'm leaving that one alone.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Real Ale Brewing Co Swifty American Pale Ale
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

😂🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The Devil's Backbone is a popular road for sportbike riders in Austin.
Sort of a Texas version of Mulholland Drive with Riley's as a stand in for the Rock Store.

My riding days are over now but in roughly 100,000 miles on two wheels, I fortunately suffered nothing worse than a self-inflicted broken collarbone. When I told my wife I did it drag racing my V-Max at the 1/8th mile track in Alvin, she said, "Don't you go in a straight line." Then it started hurting.

When I told the doctor how it happened he said that he would not prescribe pain pills because I was too stupid to benefit from them.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Real Ale Brewing Co Devil's Backbone Belgian Style Tripel
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Good news fellow beer drinkers. Two beers a day may protect cognitive functioning.
To your health!
https://www.studyfinds.org/beers-for-yo ... unctioning

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Real Ale Brewing Co Firemans #4 Blonde Ale
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Outstanding! 🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

We bid a fond farewell, once again, to Galveston Island.
Eric Glesser's clever bartender's tool had a workout lifting the caps on beer bottles
and slashing open bags of ice. Of course I could have torn the bags open with my hands,
but what's the fun in that. Until next year... Glen Campbell - Galveston

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard featuring Eric Glesser's stylized EG signature
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Finally, I spotted something new in my little neighborhood Brookshire Brothers Express. According to Origlio.com, " ...the beer of summer, is a refreshing, Mexican-style lager brewed with agave for a subtly sweet and earthy flavor that’s sure to leave you wanting more."
¡Arriba, abajo, izquierda, derecha, al centro, y pa' dentro!
But that may be just for tequila.
https://youtu.be/UDg-QXdQ9N0

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Cerveza de Verano
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The 2020 Houston Art Car Parade fell victim to Covid 19 but you can check the Google Images from previous years to get an idea of how creative those people are. When I lived in Houston I attended a couple of the parades.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Saint Arnold Art Car IPA
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The beer may be in cans, but when I receive my Care Package from the Beer of the Month Club
I get to deploy the Standard to slit open the carton. Brewed in Jackson Hole Wyoming, this 7.5% ABV IPA
reminds me of when I attended the rodeo there.

The announcer introduced a bronc rider from Montana saying, "Where men are men and sheep are scared". He went on to add, "What do you call a pretty woman in Montana? ...A tourist". I've also been to Montana and that's simply not true. Not so sure about the sheep.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Roadhouse Brewing Co Wilson Mountain Style IPA
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree. I've been to Montana a few times and it's heaven in many ways.
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

It's a hundred degrees here right now. This summertime IPA arrived just in time.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Peak Organic Brewing Company Summer Session Ale
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Wish I had some here! 🍻👍
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Based in Maine, this organic beer brewery purchases their hops and malts locally.
They were also the first brewery in the U.S. to offer a Fair Trade Certified espresso
brewed with fair trade beans from farmer cooperatives and roasters
who participate in the certified fair trade coffee supply chain.
Who says I can't be politically correct. Down the hatch.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Peak Organic Brewing Co Peak IPA
benben

Post by benben »

^^^^^That pic makes me thirsty!
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

😋👍🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

Socks + Sandals is a new one for me, apparently Humble Sea has been around a long time and their "foggy" IPAs predate the "Hazy" IPA trend. I would've been happy if they'd just smothered it with Citra hops, but don't mind the blend. Good, fruity, not dank though.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

That's the spirit. Thank you for playing.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Keystone has changed up The Hunt for 2020. https://www.keystonelight.com/thehunt/
There is only an elusive orange can but four different QR codes to scan.
Each reveals an AR experience to add to your trophy room.
This can had the rampant buck. (My first time to ever scan a QR code.) Good hunting.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Keystone Light

Have a safe Labor Day Weekend and stay well, my friends.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

The same to you my friend!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

When it comes to computer technology, I'm a Luddite. Back in the day, I added a 16k language card and shift key adapter to a brand new Apple II that cost $1800. That was a lot of money in 1977. The language card boosted RAM from 48k to a smokin' 64k and increased the 40 column screen to 80 columns. The shift key adapter (a piece of wire used as a jumper) gave me upper and lower case letters. I've been trying to keep up ever since.

Now my dog has a collar that shows me where she is on Google maps on my cell phone.

Finally got the AR experience. "Augmented reality is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real world are enhanced by computer-generated perceptual information, sometimes across multiple sensory modalities, including visual, auditory, haptic, somatosensory and olfactory."

Here it is.

Enough nonsense. Let's get serious. 5% ABV, not beer, but it did require a bottle opener.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Angry Orchard Hard Cider

Tomorrow, Friday, is Patriot Day in memory of the people killed when, in the immortal words of Ilhan Omar, "some people did something", September 11, 2001.

Not to be confused with Patriots' Day, an annual event the third Monday in April, formalized as several state holidays, commemorating the Battles of Lexington and Concord, and the Battle of Menotomy, the first battles of the American Revolutionary War. Until 2013 that is, when some other people did some other thing at the Boston Marathon.

Yes, I'm confused but just be sure to lower your flags to half staff Friday.
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.