The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Post by Mad Mac »

Did you miss me?

I've been on Galveston Island. First stop, Hummel's Beer Cave.

They have a great selection. So many beers. So little time.
This Japanese beer is a first press 100 percent malt.
Very smooth.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Kirin Ichiban
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I wondered what adventures you were on!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Ez556

Re: At Last, A Tactical Bottle Opener

Post by Ez556 »

Daveho wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:18 pm
I just watched the shot show thing on YouTube and saw this and it kinda got me wondering... are cans with pull tabs and bottles with twist tops not a thing in the US?
There seems to be very strong following for bottle/can opening capabilities being a high priority, I clearly don’t get it but I will say I’m loving that blade profile, The thin long blade looks amazing!
Very interested to see future configurations.
They are, honestly the only beverage I see on a regular basis that isn’t twist off is Jaritos Mexican soda. Honestly, I think it just gives people a reason to buy something else. “Hey, it’s got a bottle opener!”
Likes FRN
:spyder: MEMBER OF THE CRUWEAR NATION :spyder:
sal wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:28 am
But in reality, there is nothing quite like a gun. And it has been said, "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun".
Sumdumguy wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:35 am
Does that complexity decrease the simplicity? Not at all.
Abyss_Fish wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:54 pm
Ti is uh, 300 dollars.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Aaarrrgh! I should have read the fine print. This is not a real craft beer.
It's a faux micro-brewery beer by behemoth Anheuser Busch.
Safe for celiacs. It's made without wheat or barley. I made the other house guests drink it.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Redbridge Gluten Free Sorghum Beer
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

A family friend saved the day. He lives in Austin, came down for the weekend
and brought a Whitman sampler of craft beers brewed in Texas. How thoughtful is that !

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and AXIS IPA from Real Ale Brewing in Blanco
Last edited by Mad Mac on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

👍👍. Outstanding!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

All of these craft beers were in cans, which is becoming more common.
Glass bottles are prohibited on the beach anyway, so it's all good.
Gives me an excuse to display the blade.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Marco IPA from Zilker Brewing Company in Austin
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Absolutely!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

El Chingon can mean someone who is very smart, intelligent and can do things quickly or a tough, uncompromising, or intimidating person or someone or something that is cool, awesome and very good.
Notice that instead of a small tab levered into the can, the whole top comes off making it easier to chug.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and El Chingon by Four Corners Brewing in Dallas
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

In between beers, we would run the Wrangler down to the San Luis Pass.
They should put up a sign that says "4X4 Recommended Beyond this Point".
I tell the people that I recover that I do not take money but I do take a picture.
This young racer should have known better than to try it in a 4X2 Nissan Pickup
with pimp wheels.

In case you are wondering, I use an old tow strap on vehicles without tow hooks
so I don't damage them. A bowline knot can be untied with some difficulty but in the future
I think I will add a dowel like I use between the tow strap and my kinetic VooDoo rope.
People can't believe the way it pops them out of the sand. Time for a cold one.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Racer Pointe IPA from Two Wheel Brewing in Buda
Last edited by Mad Mac on Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Right on!! 🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Speaking of racers...

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Air Racer IPA from Flying Man Brewing in Austin
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

In the background is the $2 toll bridge over the San Luis Pass
connecting the west end of Galveston Island to the Republic of Texas.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Hoppy Duck IPA by Texas Beer Co in Taylor

Now you know why Jeep Wranglers have flat fenders.
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Am I the only one having trouble viewing the pics?
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

No, Sir. This is a problem I've had since Google bought Picasa and screwed things up.
I found a workaround and most people can now see the pictures but others cannot.
May have something to do with having or not having a Google account of some type, like gmail for instance.
To view the entire body of work visit this link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/igcSGbsh4bMZWBUo8
For future reference, the link is also at the bottom of my signature as ClipiTool Standard
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Thanks for the help! You have some great pics posted there!
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I agree... great pics!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Deep Ellum is a corruption of South Elm Street, a community in Dallas,
the location of the brewery.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Deep Ellum IPA from Deep Ellum Brewing in Deep Ellum

Drink enough of these and you can see the curvature of the Earth.

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The end of a lovely day.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Lovely Day IPA by Whitestone Brewery in Cedar Park
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

While I was setting up this picture, a BMW convertible passed us,
turned right into the "empty quarter" and sank into the sand.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Fire Eagle IPA from Austin Beerworks in Austin

We backed the Wrangler up to him and I got out and finished off the beer.
The sand sniffing Series 6 posed a problem. What to hook on to?

Like a magician pulling a rabbit out of his hat, the driver held up a tow hook,
popped a cover off the bumper and screwed it in.
Here he gives a thumbs up and points to the hook for the obligatory picture after the recovery.

Clever, those Germans.