The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearrowland

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Post by bearrowland »

😂🍻. I hope not!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Look in the upper left corner of the picture and two satellite dishes can be seen.
One is for Directv with two receivers for two different satellites.
Service was never lost for Directv. The other dish is for Hughesnet.

This beer is to celebrate the satellite tuner technician aiming the Hughesnet dish
after five days without Internet service. He got up there, plugged his cell phone into it and beep tuned it.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Alphabet City Brewing Co. Village IPA
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Normally I am here alone. During the "lockdown" however, I've had four workers here every day, sawing and hammering. From time to time, I would check on progress and banter with them. At five o'clock when they knocked off, I would break out the beer and we kicked back in lawn chairs to swap lies. Now the job is finished and they are gone. I no longer have anyone to talk to or drink beer with. Hmmm. Maybe I need to have a deck built.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and a plain Michelob Ultra
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I understand that. The silence can be deafening. 🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Just when you thought the little Spoetzl Brewery in Shiner, Texas could not possibly come out with yet another craft beer
we have this unfiltered wheat beer brewed with dewberries. Cheers, y'all.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Shiner Weisse 'N' Easy
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

My son stopped by for a visit and brought me five different 22 ounce "bomber" bottles from a brewer in Blanco, Texas. Now I know why one of the beer glasses he gave to me holds nearly 24 ounces. This pour was a little too aggressive for this Russian Imperial stout. Nostrovia!

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Real Ale Brewing Company Commisar
Last edited by Mad Mac on Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Of course a person may not have to go to a liquor store to buy a beer, but here in Texas
liquor stores are deemed essential and not shut down. Amen to that.

This selection is a very tasty, malty Scotch Ale. Stay well my friends.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Real Ale Brewing Co. Real Heavy
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

When a Belgian Dubbel or Tripel ale is not enough, count on a Trappist monastery to come up with a 10.5% ABV Quadruple ale.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Real Ale Brewing Co Black Quad

Today is D-Day. Hoist one to the Greatest Generation.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

😛🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

"A versatile blend of horsepower and haul-ability. The El Camino was produced by Chevrolet using an existing car platform, but modified to make it more useful. In the same vein, we have modified the versatile Mexican-style lager to be bolder, have a touch more horsepower, and be more enjoyable to drink. With a blend of American 2-row barley, corn, and Vienna malt, our version is perfect for a tailgate or running the quarter mile at your local dragstrip. Let El Camino show you the way."
https://realalebrewing.com/beers/el_camino/

El Camino pickups are very popular in and around San Antonio. My grandfather had a 1978 one he bought new. He liked oddball vehicles but his opinion of it was that it was the worst of both worlds -- not a good truck and not a good car. I think he enjoyed it more than he was willing to admit. I wish I had it.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Real Ale Brewiung Co El Camino Imperial Mexican-Style Lager
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Do you ever feel like Sisyphus, rolling a boulder up a hill only for it to roll down, repeating this action for eternity. After 22 ounces of one of these 10.5% ABV barleywine style ales, you won't care. But good grief, my pour was out of control.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Real Ale Brewing Co Sisyphus
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

My county was one of the last "dry" counties in Texas. It is still not "wet", it's only damp.
One can buy beer but to buy hard liquor one must travel to an adjoining county.
My favorite little convenience store was the last holdout to sell beer.
Now beer has taken over more than half of their existing coolers. They plan to add a "Beer Cave".
The wheels of progress often grind slowly here in the Bible Belt.

You know why you can't take a Baptist fishing with you?
He will drink all your beer.
You have to take two, so they keep an eye on each other.

Oh come on. That there's really funny.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

😁👍🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
tonijedi

Post by tonijedi »

Keep em coming!
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

With this virus going around and the self quarantining, my beer shopping has been severely limited. Friday I'm breaking out however and should have some new brewskies to photograph.

In the meantime, here is another armorer tool picture. The large flat blade was just the right thinness to fit the screws on my old rifle. After more than 50 years of service and neglect, the firing pin retaining pin came out and a loose firing pin and spring created a massive jam. Being housebound, I had plenty of time and with a few new parts and YouTube videos I was back in business. The buttplate was the finishing touch.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and 30-06 Browning BAR.

Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Back to opening bottles. Surf's up. Or about as much as it gets up in Galveston short of a hurricane.
The Saharan dust plume made an eerie sky here Friday but at least it suppresses tropical storms.
As they say in Hawaii, HipaHipa!

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Kona Brewing Co. Longboard Island Lager
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Good surfing in Galveston is hard to come by but one determined group has found a way.
They chase down oil tankers and surf the bow wave.
It may not be a big wave, but it lasts a long, long time.
https://youtu.be/8n1wqUgC7x4

Another possibility would be to reshape the seafloor. Costly attempts at this have not ended well.
One other bloke proposes to anchor down large bladders of air.
https://mpora.com/surfing/artificial-ai ... surf-reef/

Hang loose.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Kona Brewing Co Big Wave Golden Ale
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Massively hopped 6.8% ABV with a tart flavor leaning toward grapefruit.
Celebrate the contribution of this legendary heroine and true first lady of Texas.
https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-cultur ... -of-texas/

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Lone Pint Brewer Yellow Rose
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

In their own words:

"Welcome to the future. Our collective human consciousness, or Ghost in the Machine,
has gained a tolerance for hops beyond what mankind has ever known before.
This double India Pale Ale is the necessary outcome."

I think I've found my limit.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Parish Brewing Company Ghost in the Machine
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

😂🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032