The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bearrowland

Re: The Tactical Bottle Opener: Spyderco ClipiTool Standard

Post by bearrowland »

😍😍👍
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

Formerly the Royal Bavarian State Brewery, the Monastery Brewery of the Benedictine Monks nearly a thousand years ago,
it is now operating under the control of the Bavarian Government. Not to worry.
Bavaria is the Texas of Germany. Everything is bigger and better.
Gold at the World Beer Awards and at the Australian International Beer Awards, this is their helles style beer.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Weihenstephaner Original Premium
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Beautiful pic!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

My children are determined to make me into a beer snob. This is no easy task considering how much I enjoyed a cold Red Dog.
For Christmas, my fashionably elegant daughter-in-law gave me a set of glasses specifically made for craft beer. So, here we go.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Boulevard Brewing Co. Unfiltered Wheat Beer in a 2015 Red Dot award winning Spiegelau wheat beer glass
Last edited by Mad Mac on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

👍👍🍻
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Of course the idea is that these glasses allow the full flavor of craft beer to unfold much like a fine wine in a proper wine glass.
From Bed Bath and Beyond: "Enhance the bouquet of your chardonnay or cabernet with the perfect wine glass - The proper glass can enhance your wine experience with its opening, shape and size. With a variety of wine glasses to choose from, you can easily equip your bar for any occasion." My view is that clever marketing by glass companies piggybacking the enthusiasm for craft beer allows your credit card to unfold. Enjoy.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Founders KBS in a 2015 Red Dot award winning Spiegelau stout beer glass
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

It usually does my friend! 🍻😂
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Food and beverage presentation is an art and attractive glassware can certainly enhance the appearance and enjoyment of a beer. However, considering that I was weaned on a keg of Pearl served in plastic cups on the banks of the Brazos River, it may be wasted on me. From San Antonio we have this offering.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Alamo Brewing Company Ala Mosaic IPA in a 2015 Red Dot award winning Spiegelau IPA beer glass
Last edited by Mad Mac on Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Beautiful 🍻👍😊
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Elshauno

Post by Elshauno »

For some reason none of the pics are showing for me?
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Elshauno wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:04 am

Sorry about that. I'm not quite sure exactly why some readers are unable to view pictures. My ouvre (that's an SAT word for body of work) can be viewed on Google Photos at ClipiTool Standard, a link that appears in my signature.

My photos were on Picasa which was easy to share on forums. Then Google bought Picasa and ruined it so that a person had to go to Google Photos to see a picture. They make me so mad. There is a way to hack it which I use to make the images appear on forums so that most people are able to see them. It may have something to do with having a Google account such as Gmail.
p_atrick

Post by p_atrick »

Does this work for everybody?

I clicked on the photo I wanted, did a right-click, and selected "Copy Image Location" (I use Firefox). Then go to the Forum, start a post, and then use the following syntax:

Code: Select all

[img]paste_the_link_you_copied_from_the_image[/img]
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

When I view the image properties for the photo above the link looks like the one below.
Of course, I can see the image because I am the google user.
Notice that the link does not end with "jpg".
The hack that I use adds the jpg extension. It can be done manually also.

ht*hyperlinkblocker*tps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/aPtVj3fyiz69d8eOG8W6QjTO-Mqzpyaw5zl2iLhfPjIXZ_2GyOhvYjdZ_Ezym7azQQrT5vkZE_MvlwkvEjXegnXSUKmfRl7fikxl_E-JoSXqUY7Q1dWgXY4y_xp5i_5ez5w9Z2JY5fvNhnCPOjP2QjrHMqOfrK5pXbieY3jVxok5229mNJfW9Bje2q37XVO__QN4oXk6sa4jYkPjPf2efK10HavgbTaKLkiy24QsusaGMr-y4a_54yU4_ka9zEQITKcTirrIEPLMGrP-w_dHd2B2bwAsPzdn_y_yAwktbTXhpKCvaWLQ7amSnK9F42eXW28jok6Oei3QFjEihYQrLHouOU5Wl4usvfynTfbK1ueA4bG0GPwfF-cpdIKtk806uGs395rCIZvH5c_Cw5ewLPNYEAmjq5a8t1TB87jFnKlsp2Y0FKFDiMzxQFlCj3GLfWhbcjSJDLnTsPO2dBUAKg-KnEJn-WF8Yh_ULP-mP2oB09wd5SIo7rR7KLGTJcLD5xA8r8DebagvQ8iFDGMJMjj8kiBXBfrAGvC5w5v72AsyvgTVIzUT2czz2TOG0KFi0ZnumXkuOZr_l9Ts8vwykmA0nSfrKphLnUk0bzy-muqrXTQ5vnJxcVF67SEK7ujq7fdxgtaSrCICVeUMvmyFeDFEv0ivd1LysAYUO9hhiE4GCzAg-7tGOnKAEsSmNty-d0SVd_caI6NWygPamRJGNhSbTHCZ6MzQLS00Weo-vzRcCA_5=w504-h671-no
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

After the hack this is what the link looks like but I go back and change w500 to w800.

ht*hperlinkblocker*tps://lh3.googleusercontent.com/t8kyf4akF4jE1i1GggH69JQplF1b6lA0f8_CCecIxLBrnnwsaBKoqeUO4BwSsI_ahQyenBc7rxKcI9wen41RKfyMwoo0y2sIPT7XaOoknSwMLdF5WLipjLuGPI6wE_WhFRCblAbFmhgk6yvtirUbB76Yz6KXjsN-MR8kE8NNAk-_1MhG359aoYmIa_-MQF2r6C26f42eN_D7RgCfWoePpljodaJvk2oW-5Jss0KoG7ZzHocgZGYyUttINdRNmdKx_ry-5e6_jdnVR_GNkcujRCsVw0isa3ortwZNvksRkCgZGICMI8w4yO0yli8ItRi4tDenzKBU1nctZuFtiC8ZGcTxqSEqiD1EIeknQIwgTngUTO2US0qmHVgKe8sBsVxfmEOVBQn1KXGeujyOeMGTGbDfndVTQyLMkjnzvQy_5AvCvCLu7z_busji6D5b3UDjfA8G_F6tziOWLUl_Coc4OYzUS0x8H-c4R_GjzJ1FgTguGAmGFN54xWZEj5_38RlIi0XU3bqPF71QwoqmhJVIhBx318-gBYARRA-s4knlpyPdAhkNAd7JeTlmHwguDSc8EMDs4XPHKNax0afSegqqpnxoYMVyV_dfQMeAFDO_CoJDYpSt4_QOIo63Rs_qWPWFIx9p7Q-K695GYAiCdS7jTGFk74Jhqsjbs0dbhCyUedsAKRlPUTBekEc3=w800-no-tmp.jpg
Elshauno

Post by Elshauno »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:21 am
Elshauno wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:04 am

Sorry about that. I'm not quite sure exactly why some readers are unable to view pictures. My ouvre (that's an SAT word for body of work) can be viewed on Google Photos at ClipiTool Standard, a link that appears in my signature.

My photos were on Picasa which was easy to share on forums. Then Google bought Picasa and ruined it so that a person had to go to Google Photos to see a picture. They make me so mad. There is a way to hack it which I use to make the images appear on forums so that most people are able to see them. It may have something to do with having a Google account such as Gmail.
Appreciate it man, I don't mind clicking the link to see the pics
👍👍👍
Elshauno

Post by Elshauno »

p_atrick wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:41 am
Does this work for everybody?

I clicked on the photo I wanted, did a right-click, and selected "Copy Image Location" (I use Firefox). Then go to the Forum, start a post, and then use the following syntax:

Code: Select all

[img]paste_the_link_you_copied_from_the_image[/img]
That pic showed up, i think i need a Clipitool now
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

I've been kicking that idea around for awhile myself! 😂
Barry

Bonne Journey!

MNOSD member 0032
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Since the monkey is out of the bag, this glass is supposedly suitable for any beer.
It would probably even make a Red Dog look good and taste better.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Victory Brewing Company Golden Monkey in a Rastal Teku stemmed glass for any beer
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

Faithful readers may be want to point out that Founders KBS has already been pictured in this thread in a glass for stout beer.
True that. It has an encore because it is aged in oak bourbon barrels and Spiegelau has a glass exclusively for barrel aged beer.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Founders KBS Stout aged in oak bourbon barrels in a Spiegelau glass for barrel aged beers

It also makes for a fancy ice cream glass. Hold an empty glass at an angle and rotate it as you drizzle chocolate syrup. Add ice cream.

This completes my craft beer glass collection, but not to worry, you will be seeing them again.
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

While I was waiting for my truck to be inspected at the local Chevy dealer, I picked up an East Texan, a lifestyle magazine, and discovered a craft beer brewery only 39 miles from my house, Stesti Brewing Company in Lovelady. Inspection document in hand, I drove to the county seat, Crockett, to pay my vehicle registration and property taxes for the year and stopped at the HEB and picked up six different six-packs of Stesti. Now begins our brewery tour.

Spyderco ClipiTool Standard and Stesti Bohemian Lager